Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #16
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I hope you not only win the case, which you will, but that after you're done you'll counter sue for emotional distress and whatever else. People like that need to be taught a lesson, and getting your hand in their back pocket is as good a way as any. Good luck.

This whole thing is a joke right? Or has the legal system succumbed to rogues to extent that common sense has taken flight? It would be one hell of a precendent that could put all cars off the road. No wonder your citizens nickname the US the "land of the brave"!

seanbascom, you know a metalurgist can identify when and how a fracture or bend occurs. Maybe you should have a chat with the engineering head at a university.

At least now it's on the internet with all it's opinion leaders, the interested parties not doing the sensible thing will more than likely feel the sting of flagging sales, if it all goes pear shaped.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #17
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I hope you not only win the case, which you will, but that after you're done you'll counter sue for emotional distress and whatever else. People like that need to be taught a lesson, and getting your hand in their back pocket is as good a way as any. Good luck.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #18
seanbascom
CF Newbie

Thanks for the input Wally

I am close to ODU in Norfolk VA however I am hoping it won't go any further. I haven't heard anything since the last e-mail I sent (last one I posted as well). The thing that really killed me was the fact that Geico was calling me and trying to verbally strong-arm me for MY insurance info and they hadn't even seen the car themselves. They were trying to go off the "estimate" that the accusers acquired from wherever that took nearly 3 weeks to acquire.

I still haven't even been told what the $ amount is. I really don't think they realized I was going to seek out help on-line with a automotive communitie(s). I am guessing that maybe Geico passed what I sent them to the accusers, and if they have read this thread, it is painfully obvious they are totally out of line regarding their claim. I was willing to eat 80 bucks and get the kid a front end alignment or something, but then the whole frame incident showed up and now her I am.
seanbascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #19
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Ive takin my car into a ditch, jumped it down steep hills, hydro plained on rainy days, slammed on the breaks many many MANY times, and yet my car (1973 chevy nova) still runs like new with no structural problems. and my car IS on a frame. eather fords suck or hes full of $|-|!7.Please tell me the outcome of your case. I would like to know if the justice system sucks.

Last edited by sandlercd_22 : 12-02-2005 at 08:31 AM.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ive takin my car into a ditch, jumped it down steep hills, hydro plained on rainy days, slammed on the breaks many many MANY times, and yet my car (1973 chevy nova) still runs like new with no structural problems. and my car IS on a frame. eather fords suck or hes full of $|-|!7.Please tell me the outcome of your case. I would like to know if the justice system sucks.
You are a moron. Your Nova is a unibody, just like every other Nova ever built. Fords don't suck, the justice system doesn't suck, YOU SUCK.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #21
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Last edited by sandlercd_22 : 12-02-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
And using the smiley like that just confirmed it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #23
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

I had alot better things i just chose my words wisley before i got myself into trouble, wich is why theres an edit button. I made a small mistake about a small piece of info, im only 17 i wasnt born in the muscle car era so like i said before i edited my post LEAVE ME THE F*** ALONE AND GET OFF MY CASE.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I had alot better things i just chose my words wisley before i got myself into trouble, wich is why theres an edit button. I made a small mistake about a small piece of info, im only 17 i wasnt born in the muscle car era so like i said before i edited my post LEAVE ME THE F*** ALONE AND GET OFF MY CASE.
So instead of being an asshole and flipping me off, you should have simply said "oops, made a mistake, thanks". I know that's a lot to ask of someone of your stature. But that still leaves three questions.

1. If you don't know something, why do you make a statement as though you do? I might add that stating your car is a full frame when it is in fact a unibody is not a SMALL mistake.

2. Do you think using that smiley makes you sound smarter or appear more correct?

3. Do they teach spelling wherever you live?

Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #25
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Yes they do i just type fast. And instead of stretching this out further than it should and turning this threads subject to something else, im going to drop it, say i was wrong, and move on. The reason i said it was because i thought it was and i figured ill make a leap hoping im right, ill think before i post. happy?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Yes they do i just type fast. And instead of stretching this out further than it should and turning this threads subject to something else, im going to drop it, say i was wrong, and move on. The reason i said it was because i thought it was and i figured ill make a leap hoping im right, ill think before i post. happy?
Good then we can be done with it. It doesn't make me happy, it doesn't affect me at all, I don't care, but... How does it feel to take responsibility for your actions?

Old 12-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #27
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

feels pretty good accually. i think ima go and hang out at the junkyard for awile.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #28
seanbascom
CF Newbie

SandlerCD

I will keep the thread updated. Another turn of events today, Geico got a hold of my insurance company so USAA is involved now. (Again I wouldn't provide them the info voluntarily, so I suppose they tracked it down vis the license plate number)The person assigned to the case took my statement and agreed of course that there has been a apparent lack of common sense from Geico and the accusers. I am hoping their investigation will finally put this to bed.

It's Friday, everyone try and play nice!
seanbascom is offline   Reply With Quote