Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
machspeed
CF Newbie

homemade flame thrower kit(how?) dont flame me for this, pls?+ more

i heard somewere that if you connect a spark plug to the tip of your muffler and connect the spark plug to a battery it would cause flames to come out?
im not sure can someone help?
dont flame im just young and curious
i dont wanna buy cus its expensive and takes too long to arrive
i think its would be cool to do this to my dad's off road truck so that we go camping, we can have roasted weenies and smores haha
but the real reason is that we need extra lighting going through the trail, its muddy and its also dark out in the middle of nowere, and it i might as well do this cus its cooler haha
but it would be cool
thanks for helping
flame if you want i guess

plus im thinking of working on an old corolla coupe that my uncle is giving to me if i want it or else it will be scrapped, i think its a 71 but anyways im thinking of getting a conversion done to change the leaf springs to coil overs but it would take to long to find parts, can a leap springed car handle well like drift and drive through mountain roads? i heard about a panhard bar it does something to the leap springs, i think it causes it to sway or stop turning like a boat, not sure but is it a good idea to convert to coil over suspension or stay with leap spring?
and the steering of this car is still non power steering, so i wanna get it converted to power steering, i want the wheels to spring back straight when i turn the wheel, how is that done, i cant ask my dad cus he is out of the country and has no time to contact me
thanks for the help

Last edited by machspeed : 12-12-2005 at 03:09 PM.
machspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard, I'm pretty sure the gasses that come out of your engine aren't flamable.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
speeder
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I'm pretty sure the gasses that come out of your engine aren't flamable.

Yeah I second that. The only gases that come out are waste products of combustion, like nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide. I doubt they can catch fire.

"All units be advised, be on the look out for a black sports car, last seen going airbourne near the highway overpass. The SPEEDER is travelling at well over the speed limit, pursue with caution"
speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #4
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Run rich.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #5
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well actually the flames don't come out ALL the time, pretty much only when you sit there a rev the engine and it shoots raw fuel out the exhaust. Not the best idea for lighting in a wooded area though I would think.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I see ads for exhaust flame throwers all of the time...they go for $120...but if you don't want to buy one, find out how to make a flamethrower, and make an extra pipe...

As for leaf springs...I believe that the Corvette C6 has them, and it handles pretty nice

2,000th Post!!!
Eat My Dust Mortals!!
I'd like to thank God, and Jebus, and my wife, Nissan Skyline, WE DID IT BABY!! What's to come for my CF career?...Well I plan on doubling that number in the coming months JK

W00T
Old 12-14-2005, 07:16 AM   #7
Vlad
CF Addict

There is such a device. My auto teacher has it on his GT350 (rich bastard). There is a switch he presses under the dash to spark the spark plug in both exhaust pipes, then he revs up and it sends gas down the tube, and flames shoot out. Its freaking sweet. He said one of his students came up with it years ago, patented the idea, and now sells em. Those ads you see are probably for the same system.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
speeder
CF Enthusiast

For real?? man the things people will do these days.

"All units be advised, be on the look out for a black sports car, last seen going airbourne near the highway overpass. The SPEEDER is travelling at well over the speed limit, pursue with caution"
speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
Vlad
CF Addict

No joke. I was standing a good 2-3 car lenghts behind the car and I could feel the heat blasts everytime he shot the flames out.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #10
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
No joke. I was standing a good 2-3 car lenghts behind the car and I could feel the heat blasts everytime he shot the flames out.

I'm not sure if its legal or not, but when you go in for emission tests im not sure if they will call it on you; i would rather not take the chance. Plus, its just plain chessy. What car do you have? Does it still look cool flaming out of a Toyota Echo? (i'm not saying that you own one) I'm just saying it doesn't look good on all cars.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #11
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Its possible to use this stuff to get some flame but you run the risk of lighting your exhaust system on fire and you may backfire A LOT! A prime example is the blue Mustang episode of PMR. I think its legal and halfway safe and if you want to run some risks and spend some $$$, i say go for it. personally, i wouldnt do it.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #12
Wally
I Know More Than You

Wannabe antilaggers
Old 12-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #13
Vlad
CF Addict

Yes, it does not go with all cars, particularly an echo.

I myself drive a prelude, and I don't have a flamethrower.

I was saying my teacher had it on his GT350, and I think it goes well with that car.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:48 AM   #14
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Yes, it does not go with all cars, particularly an echo.

I myself drive a prelude, and I don't have a flamethrower.

I was saying my teacher had it on his GT350, and I think it goes well with that car.

Yeah, it fits a muscle car like that very well. I like the GT350, but i love the GT500, i know people think that the E version is just a sham, but i like the looks of it.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Krazie215
CF Newbie

Yes You can..

I have a 1998 eagle talon TSi AWD TuRBO/Honda Eg Hatch.. I Plugged a spark plug in the back of the muffler one wire to a switch the other to a solid 12v. Wen you are at a high RPM TRIGGER THE SWITCH and enjoy the fireworks..!!
Krazie215 is offline   Reply With Quote