Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 AM   #136
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu
i said, 'all the upgrades', you stupid shit. Obviously its more than just the engine; a friend of mine has an srt4, and we argue about how its just a neon, so the shit that spits out of your infidel mouth means less than nothing. Okay, so they changed the body kit, added a hood scoop, changed the engine, transmission and the suspension, who cares. O WAIT THEY ADDED BUCKET SEATS!!! Its still a neon thats been modifed, just like a civic si. If i take my cousins wrx, put in a evo engine in it, change the transmission and the body kit, im not going to call it a 4g63. kthx



YOU ****ING IDIOT. If you HAD READ THE THREAD, you would know that we had already STATED that.

But we also went on to discuss marketing on behalf of Dodge, and how it truly is not a "Neon".
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 AM   #137
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
ok, well in that case, how does srt-4 mean "just the engine"?

hm, let's look at it... "street and racing technology". yea... that ALL boils down to "just the engine".

the engine itself is the A853 engine. not an "SRT4" engine. get your own facts straight before goin after someone else.


EDIT: or ya know... what dodgerforlife said...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:35 AM   #138
shaka zulu
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: southern california
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
YOU ****ING IDIOT. If you HAD READ THE THREAD, you would know that we had already STATED that.

But we also went on to discuss marketing on behalf of Dodge, and how it truly is not a "Neon".

so if it not a neon, what is it? Does dodge not use the exact same frame and chassis for it. Dont they just take the basic design for the neon, and modify it. I see that your saying that dodge calls it a srt8, and not a neon, but WHAT is it. Disprove the whole civic si issue first. I guess it goes either way, since other companies do the same shit. Impreza, wrx, sti. Same basic concept. The sti is STILL a wrx, as it is also an IMPREZA.
__________________
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 AM   #139
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu
so if it not a neon, what is it? Does dodge not use the exact same frame and chassis for it. Dont they just take the basic design for the neon, and modify it. I see that your saying that dodge calls it a srt8, and not a neon, but WHAT is it. Disprove the whole civic si issue first. I guess it goes either way, since other companies do the same shit. Impreza, wrx, sti. Same basic concept. The sti is STILL a wrx, as it is also an IMPREZA.
what civic issue? they call it a civic si, we see a civic si... that lines up perfectly so there is no issue.

what i'm saying is that we CALL it an srt-4, but yet there is no reason to deny its neon roots.

here, since you have trouble comprehending english, let's break down the sentence at hand. "it is not a neon, it is an srt-4"

what that literally means is this:

"it is not [called] a neon, it is [called] an srt-4"

when you say "something is something", and one the left side you have a pronoun, and on the right side, you have a proper noun, what that means is that "something is called something".

you're just making up arguments that arent even there.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #140
shaka zulu
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: southern california
Posts: 22
wow its rediculous how some idiot thinks hes smart...

ok, so your saying its a neon, than has been changed into something else. Similiar to the lancer and then the evolution. The difference is that the evo, IS A MODIFIED LANCER. So therein it calls itseld a lancer. Dodge however does not call it a neon; there trying to get away from that name, which is usually thought of as a slow car. The point is that it IS a modified neon, and does not "just have neon roots"; it is a neon. Wow your rediculously stupid.

and if my typing is bad, its because im on a laptop and its hard to type.
__________________
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #141
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
please explain to me how "roots" means "not just modified, but completely different"

let me present things to you as SIMPLE as i can...

here is my argument:

"it is not [called] a neon, it is [called] an srt-4"

here is my second argument:

you're just making up arguments that arent even there.

you wanna prove me wrong in something? go for it... that's all i've put forth as my argument.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:14 AM   #142
shaka zulu
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: southern california
Posts: 22
well here is my argument

It is not a completly different car, that deserves a different name. Its a trim of a neon.

We could argue all day on this, but ok, its called an srt4. When i see the car, its a neon. Whos right then
__________________
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 AM   #143
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu
well here is my argument

It is not a completly different car, that deserves a different name. Its a trim of a neon.

We could argue all day on this, but ok, its called an srt4. When i see the car, its a neon. Whos right then




Man, why the hell do you not just read the whole thread. You are beating a dead horse, bringing up points that have already been discussed.

You can call it a bloody Neon all ****ing day long for all I care, but it still is not a Neon - it is the SRT-4. The SRT-4 does not equal Neon.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 AM   #144
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu
well here is my argument

It is not a completly different car, that deserves a different name. Its a trim of a neon.

We could argue all day on this, but ok, its called an srt4. When i see the car, its a neon. Whos right then
ahh, so you're not speaking in terms of absolutisms... that's the problem. wether or not it "deserves" something is entirely opinionated unless ofcourse there is a big book of rules of how cars are named. unfortunately there is no such thing.

sure, if ya see and call it a neon, fine. but when it speeds off twice as quick as a normal neon, you'll know it's different. i'm not sure if there are any other srt cars that are almost twice as fast as their non-srt counterparts.

but yea, them calling it an SRT4 not only leaves questions of their sanity, but it also leaves little room for any other 4 cylinder dodge cars to also hold the SRT name.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:14 AM   #145
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu
wow its rediculous how some idiot thinks hes smart...

ok, so your saying its a neon, than has been changed into something else. Similiar to the lancer and then the evolution. The difference is that the evo, IS A MODIFIED LANCER. So therein it calls itseld a lancer. Dodge however does not call it a neon; there trying to get away from that name, which is usually thought of as a slow car. The point is that it IS a modified neon, and does not "just have neon roots"; it is a neon. Wow your rediculously stupid.

and if my typing is bad, its because im on a laptop and its hard to type.
We arent stupid here. We have kept up 9 pages of valid arguments and facts about both cars, until you came along and started being a turd. How dense can you get? If its called the SRT-4 its an SRT-4 and not a neon. The Viper SRT-10 is being brought to the UK. 15 cars. And the viper names, and tags are taken off, and its known as the SRT-10. Get over yourself. Its like a neon, but its not.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:28 AM   #146
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
We arent stupid here. We have kept up 9 pages of valid arguments and facts about both cars, until you came along and started being a turd. How dense can you get? If its called the SRT-4 its an SRT-4 and not a neon. The Viper SRT-10 is being brought to the UK. 15 cars. And the viper names, and tags are taken off, and its known as the SRT-10. Get over yourself. Its like a neon, but its not.


Thats kinda different though. We are arguing about how two similar car's off the same chassis n body n all are called different things because of performance for the most part, and the other upgrades and differences

Where as the Viper SRT-10 as we know it here is being put out in a different company but with a different name.

Those two cars will most assuredly be about identical.

Where as the Neon and SRT-4 still have many differences.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:59 AM   #147
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Thats kinda different though. We are arguing about how two similar car's off the same chassis n body n all are called different things because of performance for the most part, and the other upgrades and differences

Where as the Viper SRT-10 as we know it here is being put out in a different company but with a different name.

Those two cars will most assuredly be about identical.

Where as the Neon and SRT-4 still have many differences.
I see what you mean, but it just pisses me off when someone like shaka_zulu comes along and starts just talking crap about a topic he knows little-nothing about.
The neon is the neon, and the SRT-4, but they wear different names. The guages are the same yes, but still its not called a neon. However one thing that makes it kinda obvious that the SRT-4 is a neon is that both cars are being taken off of the Dodge production line at the end of the year. Its like pissing in the wind arguing about it.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:32 AM   #148
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I see what you mean, but it just pisses me off when someone like shaka_zulu comes along and starts just talking crap about a topic he knows little-nothing about.
The neon is the neon, and the SRT-4, but they wear different names. The guages are the same yes, but still its not called a neon.

The Cobalt has Hummer H3 gauges, it must be a Hummer
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #149
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
The Cobalt has Hummer H3 gauges, it must be a Hummer
I really gota do a little more research before pulling these things out of my ass . I guess I meant to say that the interior is basically the same except for the boost guage.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.