Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #46
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
Just like what I said before, almost everything is possible with enough money. But 420a to 4g63 isn't that common due to it's very high price and alot of work.

Has nothing to do with the work or the price of the swap (wich as I previously stated can be done for a little over the price of the full motor). Its simply easier to buy the turbocharged version.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Has nothing to do with the work or the price of the swap (wich as I previously stated can be done for a little over the price of the full motor). Its simply easier to buy the turbocharged version.
You normally have the ability to make some fairly lucid comments, but you blew it on this one. If your reasoning for not doing the swap has nothing to do with the work, then how can your reasoning for installing a turbo instead be supported by saying that it's easier? Isn't it easier because it's less work? Enquiring minds want to know.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #48
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You normally have the ability to make some fairly lucid comments, but you blew it on this one. If your reasoning for not doing the swap has nothing to do with the work, then how can your reasoning for installing a turbo instead be supported by saying that it's easier? Isn't it easier because it's less work? Enquiring minds want to know.

No, I never said installing a turbo. I said buying the turbocharged version(I probably should have said model, as it its commonly used when referring to cars. Sorry). You can simply buy the GS-T or GSX models of Eclipse and save yourself time and money.

However, I'm in no way saying the 420a/4G63T swap is difficult and or expensive.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #49
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer

However, I'm in no way saying the 420a/4G63T swap is difficult and or expensive.

Must be easy and cheap then. Hell, theyre done everyday! In fact, theyre so easy I did 2 last night alone!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:12 AM   #50
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Must be easy and cheap then. Hell, theyre done everyday! In fact, theyre so easy I did 2 last night alone!

Interesting compensation for being wrong... way to take it like a man.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #51
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Interesting compensation for being wrong... way to take it like a man.

I may have been wrong, but he is being a dumbass. If it was so easy and cheap there would be alot more of them done.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 AM   #52
Bino
Written Off

Yeah, he did exaggerate a bit. But, the cost difference between a turbo DSM and a non turbo isn't actually that much. I've seen N/A's with a higher asking price than a comparable turbo.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #53
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Yeah, he did exaggerate a bit. But, the cost difference between a turbo DSM and a non turbo isn't actually that much. I've seen N/A's with a higher asking price than a comparable turbo.

esspecially talons, i love when ppl sell there cars and have no idea what it could rele be worth

i.e. sum1 selling a TSi AWD Talon w/ 100k mile and then the next guy selling a GSX Eclipse with 150k miles for double the price

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #54
nightroad
CF Enthusiast

Sell your current car, and patiently wait for a turbo. It will come around and you'll be happier

3KGT

91 240sx se:

240SX
nightroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #55
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I may have been wrong, but he is being a dumbass. If it was so easy and cheap there would be alot more of them done.

Most motor swaps are niether easy nor cheap. However, it makes less sense to do the swap when you can simply buy a turbocharged model.

Your logic of "if it was cheaper and easier and it would be done more often" just does not fit the standard. It would be easier and cheaper for me to create a custom turbo-kit on my CRX, yet so many more people buy pre-fabricated kits.

Keep in mind that easy is a matter of opinion. What you take to be hard could be a walk in the park with a piece of cake for me.