Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman

SRT-4 final thread

OK well some hate it, some like it, some are starting to apretiate it, so what is YOUR opinion on the SRT-4? Will not retaliate here, because this is an opinion thread. Just looking to hear what people think.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 AM   #2
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
OK well some hate it, some like it, some are starting to apretiate it, so what is YOUR opinion on the SRT-4? Will not retaliate here, because this is an opinion thread. Just looking to hear what people think.

Good power for the price, dunno aboutthe reliability, I have my doubts. Fun car if you've got the money though, and ALMOST unbeatable for the price.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Here's what I've read, and some of my opinions:
She's pretty damn nice looking, and has a good bit of power, especially for $20,000, but I've also heard that she has some torque steer/relatively poor handling. I'd personally love to own one
And for the record, I did start liking them because newyorker wouldn't shut up about how great they are
Old 02-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #4
Benson
seeking snappy title.

The appearance just doesn't appeal to me but I do like the performance, but I don't see myself looking into buying one.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Here's what I've read, and some of my opinions:
She's pretty damn nice looking, and has a good bit of power, especially for $20,000, but I've also heard that she has some torque steer/relatively poor handling. I'd personally love to own one
And for the record, I did start liking them because newyorker wouldn't shut up about how great they are
Yea i heard the stock suspention isnt great. But thats why we got upgrades lol. I know im like a SRT-4 jahovas witness crew all on my own.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

i'd trade up +$7000-10,000 or whatever the difference is.

some to get a faster car, some to piss off my mustang-crazed suitemate, and some to get what my current car can only pretend to be...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #7
Aondor
CF Addict

Srt-4

Its no my style.
But theres no denying it possibilities.
I wish the stratus had that kind of performance because Imo its a nice looking ride.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I see a lot of them around here, personally I don't find them that bad looking. I saw a modded one take off at a red light (if it wasn't modded then DAMN). I'd like to test drive it to get a feel for it and see its potential.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
I see a lot of them around here, personally I don't find them that bad looking. I saw a modded one take off at a red light (if it wasn't modded then DAMN). I'd like to test drive it to get a feel for it and see its potential.
Really?...Up north (my area lol) I'd be lucky to see one or two a month lol, although lot's of Neons with wings...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
glagon1979
daddy x3

they aren't that bad for the price but Dodge could have done something about the looks. there is one here and its not bad except he's got one of those stupid blow off valves with no other upgrades. all in all, not a bad car, but its still a NEON!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
they aren't that bad for the price but Dodge could have done something about the looks. there is one here and its not bad except he's got one of those stupid blow off valves with no other upgrades. all in all, not a bad car, but its still a NEON!!!
I thought SRT 4's came with factory turbos?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
IwantaSti
CF Newbie

True its still a NEON..I like to race but I dont have a car that you could race in...But I still try..But i would be happy with a SRT-4 because..there kinda fast from a roll...but then its still a NEON
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Let's see, 240hp for under 20K, upgraded suspension, looks clean and sleek. I think I'll stop there, cuz I'm sure you can all tell what I think of it...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

People that say "still just a neon" are the kind of people that can't see that MOST inexpensive sport coupes and sedans are "just a____" under eth skin, and some of teh fastest race cars started out MUCH slower in stock form. "Still just a____" doesnt' cut it as an insult.

otherwie teh WRX is "still just a hotted up Imprezza) which used to be a boring econobox until Subaryu went rallying with it. The Lancer EVO is "just a" tarted up Mirage econobox, the stock basic versions of which are slow. the Renault R5 Turbo II and Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 were both just modded versions of seriously basic economy cars (and the Renault was never very pretty). Yet they are still legends.

Neons were sold from the factory, since they began, with successful road race versions. That makes the car A-Ok in my book. I dont' intend on owning one, but I can still appreciate it.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:14 AM   #15
OombaIsBack
Banned

I wouldnt buy one, but I think they are good cars. Especially when power per dollar is taken into consideration.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote