Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
OttawaSensky
CF Newbie

Advice Please- Time to pick a new car soon

Hello there all, new to the boards and wanted to ask for some of your guys advice. The lease on my car is about to expire (2002 Acura RSX-S) in April, so I have begun to shop for a new car, which I am also looking to lease. I would like to try something different than my acura, which I loved BTW, and in 4 years, I didn't have ONE problem with it. What I want my budget for a lease to be is around $300 a month, hopefully without that much down.

My current philosophy on cars is that if you do all the maintences and treat them right, they wont break on you. Well I hope thats the case anyway as I always treat my cars very well and don't abuse them, so I came to ask your opinions on models im looking at.

06 VW Passat- id like to get a 2.0T for around $300 a month, but ive heard some VW stories that kinda scare me, but like I said, i always do the maintences on my vehicles, and treat them really good.

06 Jetta GLI- This one intrigues me as it looks pretty cool, once again a lot of this has to do with price, to see what I cant get a month for it.

06 Saab 92X or 93- You can now get the GM discount on Saabs, which I can get, so id like to look into these options as well. I know the 92X is the exact subaru replica, but im thinking with the GM discount it could be the same.

06 Volvo S40

06 Nissan Xterra- Im thinking about switching to an SUV just because of the winters, and if I can lease an SUV for cheap I could see myself going with it.

06 Equinox- Another SUV I was looking at

Basically that is my main list of things I would like to look at. I would love to get another Acura, but the next step up is a TSX, and i think that starts at 27K and would be way out of my price range.

Just wondering what you guys think, and please, I would love for you to make other suggestions on cars you think would be really good for my price range, not just the ones I listed.

I know this is a big list and I really need to narrow it down, I guess I need to get to some dealerships and start really figuring out prices eh? Thanks for the help to all those who post.
OttawaSensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

VW's are reliable enough, especially if properly maintained...

I'd go with the Xterra, because I think it kicks ass, but I'd suggest going to the dealerships and driving the cars, see which one you like .
Old 02-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Definately test all the cars out before making a decision, but from having not driven any of those cars, I think the GLI would be pretty sweet. I really liked the last generation GLI.

BTW, Sens fan eh? In the parallel world of the Eastern Conference, they're my favorite
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

What about an Audi A4 or A6? Shouldn't have any trouble getting a 1.8T or a 2.0FSI for your allowance!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
OttawaSensky
CF Newbie

really an A4? I would love to consider an A4, even the lower end model, but judging by the Audi Website, it seems like payments would be closer to 400 a month, so I didnt figure it doable.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #6
OttawaSensky
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Definately test all the cars out before making a decision, but from having not driven any of those cars, I think the GLI would be pretty sweet. I really liked the last generation GLI.

BTW, Sens fan eh? In the parallel world of the Eastern Conference, they're my favorite

Yeah I think youre right with the test driving, im sure that will narrow my list down a lot, at least I hope so.

Yup, Sens fan for life baby
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #7
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Now that I think about it, an Audi A3 would be nice. I've always liked Audis, but they always seem too big. The A3 is just perfect.

Classy but sporty....
Old 02-02-2006, 06:18 AM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSensky
really an A4? I would love to consider an A4, even the lower end model, but judging by the Audi Website, it seems like payments would be closer to 400 a month, so I didnt figure it doable.
I guessed it would be around the same cost as the Passat, given they're the same size/build quality etc

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
OttawaSensky
CF Newbie

I will definitely look into it, my thinking is that just for the Audi name, the payments are going to be higher. If I could get an Audi for around 300 a month, id be pretty ecstatic.