Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #1
Xenom
CF Newbie

5th gen celica problem

i just bought a 92 toyota celica today and it ran great, well untill i parked it when i started it back up it seemed to have a little trouble, it started but its idle was very wierd, instead of the smooth normal idle it kept almost dieing then recovered itself just to do it all over again, i was told to clean out the throttle body with carb cleaner so i did, it still dosent have a steady idle, also the check engine light has just turned on needless to say after wrecking my old car wed and then getting this car today and finding out that it has a problem has made my week a little bad so thanks for all of yalls help!
eric

Last edited by Xenom : 02-04-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Xenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenom
i just bought a 92 toyota celica today and it ran great, well untill i parked it when i started it back up it seemed to have a little trouble, it started but its idol was very wierd, instead of the smooth normal idol it kept almost dieing then recovered itself just to do it all over again, i was told to clean out the throttle body with carb cleaner so i did, it still dosent have a steady idol, also the check engine light has just turned on needless to say after wrecking my old car wed and then getting this car today and finding out that it has a problem has made my week a little bad so thanks for all of yalls help!
eric
1. Its spelled Idle.
2. Is it auto or stick?
3. How many miles?
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
Xenom
CF Newbie

k

thanks spellin has never been my best subject, its a manual and has 172,201 miles on it
Xenom is offline   Reply With Quote