Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift4
Yeah, I was already planning on putting it on my parents account but I still thought that it would be WAAYYYYYY more than that.

But guys, this is really getting off topic, I want suggestions of CARS. Moderately fast cars that are reliable, cheap and good looking. (with good gas mileage to boot) - I need your input here

Let me add that as of now I'm also looking at:

02-03 Subaru WRX
Scion tC (is it too slow??)
300ZX
Honda Prelude
Acura Integra

Preludes are really nice... If u would go with integra than go with a GSR. You could probably find a GSR with like 70k miles for 8k so u could pay insurance yourself and add some performance upgrades to it.( not that it need em)
As for which is faster i would say
1. 97-01 Prelude
2. 95-01 Integra GSR
3. GTI ( unless it's VR6 then i dunno)

If u are going more for handling i would switch the order to Integra, GTI Prelude. (heavy) I have driven each one when looking for my car. I wanted the GTI but it was out of my price range since i was paying the full amount on the spot with cash of my own money.( 7k budget) I found a some preludes with like 90k miles on em for 7k but then insurance would be a strap for me and so would gas. So then i found my integra for $5600 all stock with 69k miles. I paid all insurance, pay my own gas, and still had money to buy new tires+wheels, and other visual upgrades. My advice to you would be to buy a car for maybe like 8k or 9k. If i would have 12k on car i think i would buy a GSR and do performance mods to it, if i would have to keep it completly stock then i would buy the GTI.

Test drive all the cars that you like and see which u like more.
Btw u might have trouble finding a WRX for 12k but if u can then get it....