Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 02:59 AM   #16
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
It's called learning by example and not by experience. It is one aspect of learning that ChrisV talks about a lot.

Damn Bav very well said.

Quote:
...one must not have lived through child abuse to understand it is wrong and a life-long trauma for the victim.

Again I agree.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #17
vniles100
CF Newbie

Yogi, I know exactly what you are talking about. I am one of ten and the drug of choice for my older brothers and sisters were alcohol and I too was forced to take my first drink at around 7 or 8. Your story proves that experience makes us wise. Some are book smart and don't have the "smarts" to really survive life if necessary. You are book smart and street smart and a survivor. Good luck in Fla. I believe your life experiences have made you even more determined to do great things and great things you will do.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:38 PM   #18
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Damn Bav very well said.

Again I agree.

Amen to that one Voda. Some people are just dumbasses and wanna be "hard-headed". I think Ingyknock is one of those people where somone touches a stove and says "AHH ITS HOT" and he goes right behind them and touches it only to get burned.

No offense, but all joking aside from above.

"One does not learn by other's experience"

That quote makes not one bit of sense. Where I come from, kids have that kinda attitude. Gotta see for themelves. I can't think of on situation where you would'nt learn somone elses life, good or bad.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
Old 07-25-2004, 01:59 AM   #19
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Amen to that one Voda. Some people are just dumbasses and wanna be "hard-headed". I think Ingyknock is one of those people where somone touches a stove and says "AHH ITS HOT" and he goes right behind them and touches it only to get burned.

No offense, but all joking aside from above.

"One does not learn by other's experience"

That quote makes not one bit of sense. Where I come from, kids have that kinda attitude. Gotta see for themelves. I can't think of on situation where you would'nt learn somone elses life, good or bad.

dont know wat gave u the idea of the stove, but whatever. and like i said, the phrase in spanish is different than in english, hence it wouldnt make any sense (i suggest u read it again so u can see my post on that, i guess this is wats called "not reading the fine print").

unfortunately, personally, i have had to learn many things the hard way cuz i didnt know anyone that had gone through them, so i didnt have anyone to tell me, "dont touch it, the stove is hot". on other terms, i think i remember you nagging alot some weeks ago and would never stop bitching about pretty much anything. i was having an argument with chrisv cuz, in his world, age is all that matters. somehow, in his world, age means everything that pertains to knowledge and wisdom. its like, kids are stupid and adults are superior for this. i have even read some pm's sent to other people by other members from these forums that are among the "adult" ages, and even they sadly admit to how some of the adults here are quite full of themselves in thinking that they are superior just cuz of age. theres pretty much alot of "Judging a book by its cover" going on around here, and its becoming a stereotypical attitude quickly.

why did some members wanna leave? because of the constant bickering. and why do people argue so much? cuz of inflated egos and the unfortunately disability to say, "hey, im sorry, you're right, and i was wrong". i have been wrong a few times, just like on that MKII Supra thread, i made a mistake with the engine code, and i said "my bad". WOW, that was hard! :P

some people just like to say im stubborn cuz i argue for wat i think is right, but those that argue against me are somehow neutral. they are just as stubborn for going on with wat they believe, just like i do, yet, no one even says a single thing about ChrisV when he starts bickering. i have sometimes wondered if people are even afraid of him. DSMer, i think you know that you are one of the members that likes to argue the most, sometimes without any sort of trigger (ok, most of the time). you say you wont argue, but you keep arguing ("What" being an example of your recent arguments). wouldnt that be called stubborn as well? wouldnt that be called "touching the stove" even though you already know it's useless? the point im trying to make is... before you ever even pin-point just one individual, make sure you think about yourself, and others, before making any sort of accusements. you think im stubborn? well, here are some news, so are you, and the proof is all over the forums. think about it for a while, and ill try to make a correct translation on the Puerto Rican phrase i mentioned earlier.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:17 AM   #20
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
dont know wat gave u the idea of the stove, but whatever. and like i said, the phrase in spanish is different than in english, hence it wouldnt make any sense (i suggest u read it again so u can see my post on that, i guess this is wats called "not reading the fine print").

unfortunately, personally, i have had to learn many things the hard way cuz i didnt know anyone that had gone through them, so i didnt have anyone to tell me, "dont touch it, the stove is hot". on other terms, i think i remember you nagging alot some weeks ago and would never stop bitching about pretty much anything. i was having an argument with chrisv cuz, in his world, age is all that matters. somehow, in his world, age means everything that pertains to knowledge and wisdom. its like, kids are stupid and adults are superior for this. i have even read some pm's sent to other people by other members from these forums that are among the "adult" ages, and even they sadly admit to how some of the adults here are quite full of themselves in thinking that they are superior just cuz of age. theres pretty much alot of "Judging a book by its cover" going on around here, and its becoming a stereotypical attitude quickly.

why did some members wanna leave? because of the constant bickering. and why do people argue so much? cuz of inflated egos and the unfortunately disability to say, "hey, im sorry, you're right, and i was wrong". i have been wrong a few times, just like on that MKII Supra thread, i made a mistake with the engine code, and i said "my bad". WOW, that was hard! :P

some people just like to say im stubborn cuz i argue for wat i think is right, but those that argue against me are somehow neutral. they are just as stubborn for going on with wat they believe, just like i do, yet, no one even says a single thing about ChrisV when he starts bickering. i have sometimes wondered if people are even afraid of him. DSMer, i think you know that you are one of the members that likes to argue the most, sometimes without any sort of trigger (ok, most of the time). you say you wont argue, but you keep arguing ("What" being an example of your recent arguments). wouldnt that be called stubborn as well? wouldnt that be called "touching the stove" even though you already know it's useless? the point im trying to make is... before you ever even pin-point just one individual, make sure you think about yourself, and others, before making any sort of accusements. you think im stubborn? well, here are some news, so are you, and the proof is all over the forums. think about it for a while, and ill try to make a correct translation on the Puerto Rican phrase i mentioned earlier.

Umm, I did'nt need you to go off and embelish on a life story man. All I said was... "If somone says a stove is hot, you don't need to go touch it for yourself to see that its hot" You don't need anyone to tell you whats wrong, common sense plays alot of part in that. I've never known a person who's done crack, but I sure as hell don't need him to tell me that its bad for me to know its bad. So your "excuse"(yeah its an excuse) for not having somone to tell you whats wrong and right is not valid.

With age comes experience and wisdom. ChrisV knows that, and thats probably why he views younger people as he does now. Thats his opinion.. thats his views. You use the word "bicker" and "complain" too loosley, when in fact you seem to speak of ChrisV's actions all to commonly. Exactly what are ChrisV and I complaining about? If anything, no one challenges ChrisV because hes usually right. So if it takes some drilling into kids heads to get it stuck more power to the driller. Thats not stubborn, thats being affirmative with words. My argument with "What" was a sign of being stubborn. Even though he was wrong, he still persisted to believe that and CTS-V could'nt beat an M3, even when he was proven wrong he still muled his way into more stubborness.

I don't like to argue, but if someone is claiming wrong information or doing stupid shit then hell yeah. I'll step off my chair and say something. Don't call me stubborn for having the balls to speak my mind on the drop of a dime...

Hell, I've never gotten into any disagreement with ChrisV. I've posted numerous ammounts of fact and information and he has yet once to disagree. Shit in the CTS-V thread we were both pretty much on the same page. Its not an age thing, its your intelligence and respect level that warrants you respect. So if ChrisV is always right, yet hes never had to correct me on anything, and some of the other younger members tend to get mad when I step up to them. Its not that I'm arguing. Its that I'm right and correcting them. Not my fault they can't accept being wrong. If I'm wrong then I'll shut up, but that rarley happens when I bring my food to the table. Hell if I had facts and ChrisV said they were wrong, again age grants knowledge, and experience. I'd take his word for it.... Thats FAR from stubborn.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 07-25-2004 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #21
Inygknok
El del Supra

thing is dsmer, in every single one of your little "arguments", u have said the very same line, "You're an idiot". u keep telling people how their posts are useless and how retarded they are, so on so on. how about yourself? you argue with half the people and write 4 paragraphs trying to insult them. thats plain stubborn there.

also, about the crack thing, i never did do crack, so i dont know why you even brought that up.

also, there is HUGE difference between standing up to people and just plain childish arguing. remember how i managed to argue with bav and chrisv without the need of constant insults between the 3 of us? THAT'S an argument. now think back to how you have argued with Lukaz and What. THAT'S stubborn childishness.

also, i am quite sure ChrisV is never ALWAYS right. why? he could be 1,000 years old and he would still be human. wat does this mean? imperfection, just like the rest. the one smart thing he does is try to avoid arguments most of the time (unlike you), or atleast as much as possible. another thing would be not commenting on subjects he might not know of, else, he would have a post in every single thread. but i am perfectly confident that there are things that even one of the younger members knows that he probably has no idea about. still, you talk about it as if just cuz he is old and cynical, it makes him many times wiser than the rest of the people younger than him.

catch my drift? doubt it, but someone needs to give you a reality check. also, from one of your previous posts, you said something about the kids in your area. i hope u still remember that you yourself are one of those kids as well.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:50 PM   #22
What
Banned

Quote:
My argument with "What" was a sign of being stubborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
now think back to how you have argued with Lukaz and What.

I would appreciate it if you all left my name out of your conversations unless you are directly talking to me. Don't make me eliminate you bitches.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #23
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Don't make me eliminate you bitches.

What is it with you are your superiority complexes? STFU already! We don't need your threats around here. Furthermore, i am more than convinced now that you have the maturity of a 10 yr old kid. Change your ways or get lost!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:04 PM   #24
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
What is it with you are your superiority complexes? STFU already! We don't need your threats around here. Furthermore, i am more than convinced now that you have the maturity of a 10 yr old kid. Change your ways or get lost!
Very well said just one thing to add. What you are very arrogant

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Old 07-27-2004, 08:13 AM   #25
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Quote:
Haha, one sitting. What is this breakfeast? You can only finish so much in one serving?

Nice story Yogi, but I can't even begin to fathom how you can speak of your father so highly. Dissapears when you are young, then comes back after you're emancipated. Sounds kinda conspicuous if you ask me. "He knew that he did'nt have to care for you"...hmm

Anywhos, great story.

He didnt disappear. My mom and him just broke up. He never payed shit for me and yeah that kinda isnt cool but when i most needed a father to teach me the things a mother couldnt teach me he was always there for me as i grew up. Hed talk with me on the phone for hours and even visited sometimes when i was in a really bad situation. He was always there when i needed him. Just not when i didnt.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
Old 03-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #26
illusion34
CF Addict

but what was the point of this? i didnt have a great childhood either... so?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #27
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

so you make up for your horrible childhood by reviving old threads?

i hope a lightpole runs into your car or something...
Old 03-11-2006, 06:40 AM   #28
illusion34
CF Addict

lmao... dont have a car im 15.. thanks for saying u hope a lightpole runs into my car...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #29
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

it was a joke. since lightpoles cant move... ya know... but still, there's no reason to bring threads back from the dead.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #30
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
it was a joke. since lightpoles cant move... ya know... but still, there's no reason to bring threads back from the dead.
I agree!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Closed Thread