Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
Vegastar
CF Newbie

possibly buying a 1992 Eagle talon tsi awd

Ok i want to get an eagle talon. I have one that im looking at but i have a few questions i need to be answered. Ok the body on the eagle talon is it a plastic body or whats the deal. Is there any major problems i would have. Any help you guys have i really need to know about the body thing though thanks.
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastar
Ok i want to get an eagle talon. I have one that im looking at but i have a few questions i need to be answered. Ok the body on the eagle talon is it a plastic body or whats the deal. Is there any major problems i would have. Any help you guys have i really need to know about the body thing though thanks.
The only major problem I see for you is that underneath the nameplate it's a Mitsubishi, which of course makes it a Japanese car. Sounds like you might have some back peddling to do.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:

owned one a couple years ago. nice cars and quite fast for a 4 cyl. how many miles are on it?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:

The bodys on the Talons are somewhat plastic...but then again most cars do have lots of platic panels on them today The other thing with the Eclipses/Talons is that they can be troublesome. Ive worked on a couple, a 95 Talon ESi and a 98 Eclipse GS. They both seem to have the same problem; they like to get iginition problems. The 95 Talon, however, had a dead cylinder (that was the owners fault though). Most Eclipses/Talons Ive seen hardly EVER make it over the 100,000 mile mark without having to have someting major done to them.
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
The bodys on the Talons are somewhat plastic...but then again most cars do have lots of platic panels on them today The other thing with the Eclipses/Talons is that they can be troublesome. Ive worked on a couple, a 95 Talon ESi and a 98 Eclipse GS. They both seem to have the same problem; they like to get iginition problems. The 95 Talon, however, had a dead cylinder (that was the owners fault though). Most Eclipses/Talons Ive seen hardly EVER make it over the 100,000 mile mark without having to have someting major done to them.

totally different generation. plus the turbo engines are 100% different.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
Vegastar
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The only major problem I see for you is that underneath the nameplate it's a Mitsubishi, which of course makes it a Japanese car. Sounds like you might have some back peddling to do.

Well it looks like whobo you don't know everything . An eagle talon is not built by mitsubishi. If you knew any thing about cars eagle is a brand from crysler as well as the plymouth laser. which as well is a crysler brand discontinued. so know do i really need to back pedal. since it is an american car.i think not so you should really do your home work. they were put out on the same line DSM but total different companies.
I feel good now i out smarted whobo
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Well it looks like whobo you don't know everything . An eagle talon is not built by mitsubishi. If you knew any thing about cars eagle is a brand from crysler as well as the plymouth laser. which as well is a crysler brand discontinued. so know do i really need to back pedal. since it is an american car.i think not so you should really do your home work. they were put out on the same line DSM but total different companies.
Well really they are same same car (along with the Laser). As far as I know that generation was the same, from engine and drivetrain to the body looks (except maybe the Talons having a black roof from the dealer... unless that was 2nd gen..).

Either way, Hobo will probably reply soon enough.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well it looks like whobo you don't know everything . An eagle talon is not built by mitsubishi. If you knew any thing about cars eagle is a brand from crysler as well as the plymouth laser. which as well is a crysler brand discontinued. so know do i really needf to back pedal. since it is an american car.i think not so you should really do your home work. they were put out on the same line DSM put total different companies.
Diamond Star Motors. It's a Mitsubishi/Chrysler joint manufacturing plant in Normal. IL. The Talon is exactly the same car as the Eclipse with the exception of minor trim items. Designed in Japan by Mitsubishi. Look at the engine block and transmission cases and see whose markings are on them. Mitsubishi. Look and see what other cars suffer from "crank walk" syndrome. They all have Misubishi engines. Like it or don't facts are facts. The Talon is nothing more than a badge engineered Eclipse.

Now, who is it who needs to do his homework, jerkoff?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Diamond Star Motors. It's a Mitsubishi/Chrysler joint manufacturing plant in Normal. IL. The Talon is exactly the same car as the Eclipse with the exception of minor trim items. Designed in Japan by Mitsubishi. Look at the engine block and transmission cases and see whose markings are on them. Mitsubishi. Look and see what other cars suffer from "crank walk" syndrome. They all have Misubishi engines. Like it or don't facts are facts. The Talon is nothing more than a badge engineered Eclipse.

Now, who is it who needs to do his homework, jerkoff?
Hmm, that was relatively polite... are you sick or something Hobo? (other then being sick of people who don't know what they are saying...)

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
You don't honestly believe that do you??? I guess those are plymouth and eagle powerplants powering those cars right ??? pffft idiot...As Hobo already stated, they're simply rebadged Mitsubishi Eclipses.

You might want to consider a different car seeing as how your against anything Japanese. Maybe you should get an American sports coupe like the Ford Probe... oh wait, I take that back .

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-05-2006 at 11:35 PM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
You don't honestly believe that do you??? I guess those are plymouth and eagle powerplants powering those cars right ??? pffft idiot...As Hobo already stated, they're simply rebadged Mitsubishi Eclipses.

You might want to consider a different car seeing as how your against anything Japanese. Maybe you should get an American sports coupe like the Ford Probe... oh wait, I take that back .
Maybe a pink one with Mazda badges on it?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #12
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Maybe a pink one with Mazda badges on it?
LOL Nice one
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #13
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:

Have you happened to look under the hood or either car my friend?

Engine from a '98 Eclipse GS

Engine from a '98 Talon ESi

Strangely similiar...

Remember: Just because it wears an American emblem, doesnt mean its an all-American design.
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:58 AM   #14
OombaIsBack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
LOL Nice one

You know, he says that to make me angry, but it really doesn't. It just shows how stupid he is when it comes to colors and Mazdas in general (Ruby Mica is still a factory color option, and its nothing like pink in person). I guess if he knew as much about cars as he would like everyone to beleive he does, he would have seen a Ruby Mica car and know that its not pink.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:04 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Kay
You know, he says that to make me angry, but it really doesn't. It just shows how stupid he is when it comes to colors and Mazdas in general (Ruby Mica is still a factory color option, and its nothing like pink in person). I guess if he knew as much about cars as he would like everyone to beleive he does, he would have seen a Ruby Mica car and know that its not pink.
Well it's good to know the entire world revolves around you. You're so special. Of course if it didn't piss you off, you wouldn't feel the need to respond and defend your pink car or tell us that it doesn't make you angry, which is what you just did. Must suck to be you. Run along now, the ladies can't start the party without you.