LS2 GTO STOCK at sea level=13.3

Modified LS2 gto at sea level=13.2/13.1

Modified LS2 gto at Albuquerque=14.5

Stock SRT8 at sea level=13.5

Modified SRT8 at sea level= low 13's

Modified SRT8 at abq= 14.5

My car at albuquerque=14.5

My car at sea level= low 13's

And Im not almost stock....My mods are the best for power NA besides cams.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 AM   #47
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
high 13's is a STOCK e36 m3....

I provided proof in this form:

LS2 GTO STOCK at sea level=13.3

Modified LS2 gto at sea level=13.2/13.1

Modified LS2 gto at Albuquerque=14.5

Stock SRT8 at sea level=13.5

Modified SRT8 at sea level= low 13's

Modified SRT8 at abq= 14.5

My car at albuquerque=14.5

My car at sea level= low 13's

And Im not almost stock....My mods are the best for power NA besides cams.

You're only making about 10-15hp over stock, so it's not going to be a significant gain (maybe a tenth, two at most). How do you know the guys in the SRT-8 and GTO actually ran good times?

If you run high 13's in a stock E36 M3 at sea level you're pretty much a godlike driver. I've only ever seen 1 guy do 13.90's somewhat consistently in a stock E36 M3. The rest ran flat 14's or low 14s for the most part. I dont see how an E36 M3 with 20 less horsepower, a lot less torque and being only 200-250lbs lighter is nearly 7-9 tenths faster than the ALL the stock 99-04 Mustang GT's I've seen go at sea level (and there were a LOT!).

I'm sorry, you have no proof of of being able to do a near 13 flat at sea level until you actually do it, not base it on two other drivers in other cars then converty their numbers to sea level then converting yours to sea level. The only way to provide any sort of proof is actually going to a sea level track and running. I just picked up a C & D and even they only ran a 13.6 with the 333hp M3. Corrected to sea level. Now obviously this is a little slow, but I still dont see your M3 touching a number below that.

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 04-05-2006 at 01:35 AM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:52 AM   #48
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

1- I know they ran those as good times because they are my friends... I know them personally and know what they run normally

2-The e46 m3 is a pig it wieghs , iirc, 3500 lbs, and tyhe vert is 3700 lbs. thus the extra power is a trade of with extra wieght.

3- I dont care what you think... i know what my car can do... i know who I kill on the streets(teh el ess juan is my nemisis)...

[/thread]
Old 04-05-2006, 03:31 AM   #49
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
1- I know they ran those as good times because they are my friends... I know them personally and know what they run normally

2-The e46 m3 is a pig it wieghs , iirc, 3500 lbs, and tyhe vert is 3700 lbs. thus the extra power is a trade of with extra wieght.

3- I dont care what you think... i know what my car can do... i know who I kill on the streets(teh el ess juan is my nemisis)...

[/thread]

You have to think real world, and you're not.

The E46 M3 has 333hp, your E36 M3 has about 250-255hp. Your M3 weighs 3175lbs, the E46 M3 weighs 3415lbs. That's only a 240lb difference in weight. That's not a lot at all. It ran a 13.6 CORRECTED for conditions at sea level in optimal conditions. Now you're trying to tell all of us your M3 can run 5 tenths quicker with nearly 80 less horsepower? Get real man!

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-05-2006, 03:37 AM   #50
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Shut the fuck up thunderbird...You are such a fuckin troll its unbelievable...you argue for the sake of arguement.

You are absolutley right! My car is slow! And you are the god of all that is good and holy. Your e-supperiority can not be denied!

Congrats man!

Quote:
[/thread]
Old 04-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #51
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Shut the fuck up thunderbird...You are such a fuckin troll its unbelievable...you argue for the sake of arguement.

You are absolutley right! My car is slow! And you are the god of all that is good and holy. Your e-supperiority can not be denied!

Congrats man!

Calm down. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm pointing out the obvious. You're not THINKING. You're just going by what some calculator tells you.

How can you say your car CAN run a 13.1 when a much faster version of your car with 80 more horsepower and more torque runs in the mid 13s? Tell me where that doesnt make sense!

I'm not saying your car is slow, I'm simply saying no way can your car go 5 tenths quicker than 333hp E46 M3 when you have just intake/exhaust!

Good god, CALM DOWN ZALIGHT!

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #52
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Congrats man!

1. Your an idiot.

2. Your car won't run close to 13's flat, nor even mid-13's, I'd guess 13.8-14.0

3.I highly doubt you dust 99-04 Mustang Gt's, and no I am not biased because I own a Mustang, I personally dislike and would never own a 99-04 Mustang.

4. You like to look at what is more opinions than more of facts.

"Oh my friend in his car ran this and I ran this and at a normal track my friend usually runs this so I must run this.

Don't post again about 1/4 mile times until you go to a track at Sea Level

5. Sorry but you wouldn't touch a 98' Cobra.

Oh and your car isn't slow... it's just not fast.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:34 AM   #53
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Fuck that....Go to www.racingsouthwest.com.

There is a member named Turbomopie with a 96 Cobra... Ask him what happened when we raced. Heres a hint, I was pulling him. Ever so slightly, but we started door to door and ended with his front bumber at my rear.

Then he got a 100 shot of nitrous, lol.

Oh and while you are there check out the profile of Cdog02mustGT.

You will notice that he has FULL BOLT-ONS...as in everything you can do as far as bolt ons go. He also had a 100 shot of nitrous. When I ran him while he was off spray it was dead even. And that is with full bolt ons, so I can assume you understand what happens to stock or only mildly modified 00-04 must GTs......Then he got a procharger, lol. but then he blew up his car, so now we can only race on foot.

You will also notice a particular member named 347stang. Ill give you a hint at what 347 stands for. His engine size. thats right its the 94-98 gen cobra engine swapped into a fox body stang.

I walked him by about 3 car lengths by 100mph.

Listen, I dont care what you guys think, because I KNOW what my car has beaten on the streets.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #54
Aondor
CF Addict

Quote:
Fuck that....Go to www.racingsouthwest.com.

There is a member named Turbomopie with a 96 Cobra... Ask him what happened when we raced. Heres a hint, I was pulling him. Ever so slightly, but we started door to door and ended with his front bumber at my rear.

Then he got a 100 shot of nitrous, lol.

Oh and while you are there check out the profile of Cdog02mustGT.

You will notice that he has FULL BOLT-ONS...as in everything you can do as far as bolt ons go. He also had a 100 shot of nitrous. When I ran him while he was off spray it was dead even. And that is with full bolt ons, so I can assume you understand what happens to stock or only mildly modified 00-04 must GTs......Then he got a procharger, lol. but then he blew up his car, so now we can only race on foot.

You will also notice a particular member named 347stang. Ill give you a hint at what 347 stands for. His engine size. thats right its the 94-98 gen cobra engine swapped into a fox body stang.

Listen, I dont care what you guys think, because I KNOW what my car has beaten on the streets.

For the sake off internet trust among dudes.
Wow man congrats thats impressive.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #55
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Zalight never at any point said that he would run a concrete 13.1 at sea level. He was just getting an estimate for a sea level run with his car. He might only hit 13.5, but hell, that's still bloody fast. Cracker would have to wear a helmet to race at SIR(Saskatchewan International Raceway) if he was throwing those speeds down(rule is anything faster then 13.99 in street legal class has to wear a helmet to race)....

Either way, Zalight, nice run!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #56
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

I'm not arguing your cars performance. I do, however, argue the conversion accuracy. Car & Driver and MotorTrend use "corrected" times also...those times in the mags are usually off by a few tenths. I noticed you said you beat a '99 'Stang with an auto trans by 7 tenths and they will run mid 14's at sea level...I see it everyday at Atco Raceway. I would say you're good for mid 13's...got a nice 60' time there too...are you running street tires or DOT drag radials/slicks?

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:00 AM   #57
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Street tires...Goodyear eagle f1 GSD3's
Old 04-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #58
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

Your trap speed is a little low for that ET...running out of top end power or going rich???

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #59
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Fuck that....Go to www.racingsouthwest.com.You will also notice a particular member named 347stang. Ill give you a hint at what 347 stands for. His engine size. thats right its the 94-98 gen cobra engine swapped into a fox body stang.

The 94-98 Cobra engines were 4.6li, and only positively I know 96-98 were DOHC 4.6li. DO you know what those engines were? 281's? Yes 281's NOT 347's. NOW what is prolly the case is it is a 347 stroker. But I assure you there are no 347's in 94-98 cobra's, even the limited edition 1995 Cobra R (only 250 made) were 351's.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 04-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #60
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Calm down. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm pointing out the obvious. You're not THINKING. You're just going by what some calculator tells you.

How can you say your car CAN run a 13.1 when a much faster version of your car with 80 more horsepower and more torque runs in the mid 13s? Tell me where that doesnt make sense!

I'm not saying your car is slow, I'm simply saying no way can your car go 5 tenths quicker than 333hp E46 M3 when you have just intake/exhaust!

Good god, CALM DOWN ZALIGHT!

Exactly. I'd trust an online calculator as much as I would trust Newyorker to drive my car.