Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 AM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
I have discovered a contradiction. Right before the camera switches off to a close up of the instrument cluster, the car is an automatic. I can tell because the gear indicator is shown in between the tachometer and speedometer. Then in the close up during acceleration, the indicator completely dissappeares and the car now suddenly has a manual transmission. Then in the end when your friend seems to have trouble turning the camera off, the indicator is back indicating the car has magically sprouted an automatic again. Care to explain?
Excellent find. I might also add that the picture of the girl magically appears and the driver stops sprouting gibberish, all at the same exact moment. I for one can't wait to hear the lies... I mean explanation.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 AM   #17
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Excellent find. I might also add that the picture of the girl magically appears and the driver stops sprouting gibberish, all at the same exact moment. I for one can't wait to hear the lies... I mean explanation.
Indeed. I was thinking of going off and watching a movie, but I think I'll watch this instead.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:06 AM   #18
skeetin870
CF Enthusiast

Well also there is a small box by the speedo when the gear panel disappears and the girl appears. Is he so stupid that he honsetly believes that he can make this crap up and we will constantly believe it?
skeetin870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:10 AM   #19
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetin870
Well also there is a small box by the speedo when the gear panel disappears and the girl appears. Is he so stupid that he honsetly believes that he can make this crap up and we will constantly believe it?
This is just one of many. I'd make a list, but I just don't have that much time.

Two other things I've noticed:

The interior of the car with the manual is grey, for a black or white car. The interior of his friend's car is tan, for a gold car.

The car with a manual has a four cylinder, not a six. The redline indicator is exactly the same as on mine, not to mention that engine sounds far more like my 2.2 than the 3.0 V6 in a friend of mine's car, an '01 Accord. Plus, the V6 was never offered with a manual in that generation. No idea what engine is in his friend's car though.

Last edited by hondaman : 04-05-2006 at 04:15 AM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:24 AM   #20
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

He has nothing to say. haha. I'm pretty sure its not a V6, i listen to Honda V6's everyday, my own J32, and my dad's 99 Accord V6. Doesn't sound anything like it. Too high pitched, and lacks that quiet low growl distinct in most Honda V6's.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I have a general question to ask, and I know the terminology is wrong so bear with me. Can anyone make a copy (rip?) of the entire video? You know the first thing he's gonna do is get rid of the evidence and claim he has no idea what happened to it. This way it could be replayed for him to refresh his memory.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:27 AM   #22
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I have a general question to ask, and I know the terminology is wrong so bear with me. Can anyone make a copy (rip?) of the entire video? You know the first thing he's gonna do is get rid of the evidence and claim he has no idea what happened to it. This way it could be replayed for him to refresh his memory.

just tried to do it, but I don't have anything that opens and plays it other than aol and IE. So if your like me and only have quicktime or media player then you can...

open the video and record it with a camera phone that you stabalized and send the video to your e-mail save the file to your computer and then change the opening program to quicktime and/or media player.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #23
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
just tried to do it, but I don't have anything that opens and plays it other than aol and IE. So if your like me and only have quicktime or media player then you can...

open the video and record it with a camera phone that you stabalized and send the video to your e-mail save the file to your computer and then change the opening program to quicktime and/or media player.
If anyone can get the sound, here's the video:
(Kinda choppy, but it's all there)...Took me forever to find out how to work the program lol.

http://media.putfile.com/Hahavid
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #24
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
If anyone can get the sound, here's the video:
(Kinda choppy, but it's all there)...Took me forever to find out how to work the program lol.

http://media.putfile.com/Hahavid

if that was from your phone...omg haha at least you can see some of the major flaws
Old 04-05-2006, 05:57 AM   #25
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
if that was from your phone...omg haha at least you can see some of the major flaws
No, I used some wierd screen capture program, and the sad thing is, after going through about fifteen of them, that was the best
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #26
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

www.arcanecreations.net/video/fakeaccord.mpg

right click> save target as>

enjoy

edit: stole .flv file from youtube, converted to mpg, uploaded to private server...simple as apple pie.

Last edited by dodgerforlife : 04-05-2006 at 07:06 AM.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #27
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
www.arcanecreations.net/video/fakeaccord.mpg

right click> save target as>

enjoy

edit: stole .flv file from youtube, converted to mpg, uploaded to private server...simple as apple pie.

tried tat also, but didn't give me the option. Something about macromedia....
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #28
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
tried tat also, but didn't give me the option. Something about macromedia....

I've got ub3r l335 m4d h4x0r2 skills yo!

Naw, there's a site I use to get the download link for the flash video file, then I just use a flash video converter.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #29
adamc44
CF Freak

lol he should have tried this on april fools day at least then he wouldnt look like such an idiot, but i cant wait this thread is going to get interesting lol

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #30
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm shocked that he could think we are all this stupid. Really, this just sums up everybodies thoughts of him. I actually reserved an open mind with regard to his other apparent "lies".....but I think I've come to a conclusion now, and I'm sure it's the same as everybody elses!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote