Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
cwc123
CF Newbie

Pimping/tricking out stock cars.

I'd like to know everyone's opinion on the pimping fad, I call it a fad because I think it will go the way of hippie vans and shag carpets. I personally think pimping (Spinners giant spiolers bodykits those ****ing dumb exhausts) is retarded. You always see some old crappy car with the paint rusting off it with big rims and a loud exhuast, and it can barely get up a hill. As for bodykits and such I think their pretty much a paradox in themselves, their ment for high-performance cars to lower drag, but people who put them on stock cars, and call themselves street racers, are only adding weight onto their car because their not going to be going 100mph for a couple hours a day, and if they are their engine will only last so long. Big amps and shit are really annoying to me too, I hate it when I'm at home and someone thinks they will be gangster and play some 50cent really loud and try to attract attention. Also if you do consider yourself a streetracer (aka fag who puts ppls lives in danger) why the hell would you attract attention to yourself by playing loud music and having a car that looks like a hot-wheels? Wouldn't inconspicous be the best? I honestly think people should stop doing all this "pimping" and get back to adding HP to their engines. What do you ppl think?

Thats my rant :P
cwc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Ricing has been around for a while, and sadly it will probably be around for a while still

BTW I totally agree with everything you said there lol
Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
elchango36
WWJCD

1.) Please explain how body kits add weight???

2.) What the hell do you drive??? **edit: scratch that, you drive a Cavalier

3.) You're a hater

I'm not saying I agree/disagree with what you say. But to say "I hate this" makes you look as dumb and as ignorant as your so called "fag" street racers and bling-blingers.

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-06-2006 at 09:11 PM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc123
I honestly think people should stop doing all this "pimping" and get back to adding HP to their engines. What do you ppl think?

That was a fad before too

I am pretty sick of the loud music and fart cans because some people are ignorant and drive around at 2 a.m. blasting music and over revving too. I live in a small neighbourhood and people usually cut through really late at night and there have been times I have been asleep and been waken up.

I don't really care during the day, but at least have some sympathy for people that like to sleep.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
I don't really care during the day, but at least have some sympathy for people that like to sleep.
I'm with you on that one. Except I get less loud bass and fart cans and more straight thorugh pipes on pickup trucks and loud obnoxious ignorant drunk white folk.

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-06-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

It's never really been known as "rice" here in the UK.....we just tend to call them boy racers. My personal feeling is that most boy racers tear around car parks in their 1.3litre OHV Ford Fiesta thinking it's an RS Turbo! I do however, respect those who own genuinely good, performance orientated cars, with Body kits and engine mods etc!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36

3.) You're a hater

I'm not saying I agree/disagree with what you say. But to say "I hate this" makes you look as dumb and as ignorant as your so called "fag" street racers and bling-blingers.

+1

Apparently he's never seen '40's, '50s, 0r '60s customs. Chopped Mercuries with leaded bodywork, trim and lights from other cars, lowered for looks not handling, wild paint, and essentially stock engines with split pipes and glasspacks...

Basically, his post reeks of the same, tired old anti-ricer ignorance that I hope is a fad in itself.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

By any chance do you live in the bay area(California)????? I mean I don't really know where else the old cars are at. Around here though they call them "scrapers" with suction exhausts big spinnings rims and a rattliing trunk. As for the "ricers" some have half finished cars that are not yet finished. And for loud music maybe you like to listen to your music low but I prefer my music to be loud as well.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.

Last edited by Spanky2324 : 04-06-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

3.) You're a hater

Normally you have a pretty good grasp on reality, but you really blew it this time. Let's explore this question, which is by the way not a question, it's a request.

Quote:
The last time I checked, body kits are made out of some sort of material. Fiberglass, lexan, polyurethane, plastic, popsicle sticks, something. No matter what they're made from, the have mass. That means they weigh some amount, no matter how minimal. That is unless you want me to believe they come packaged in cardboard to keep them floating away. Let's not forget the attaching hardware, even if it's an adhesive which also weighs something. Also, except in the cases of extreme ricers who like to keep their body kits displayed in a faded shade of plastic, they're painted and paint has weight to it as well. But I digress.

So any logical thinking person can agree that body kits weigh something. When you take something that has weight and attach it to your car, it now add weight to your car. This all seems pretty simple to me, but what do I know.

Think, type, submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
cwc123
CF Newbie

Quote:
I'm with you on that one. Except I get less loud bass and fart cans and more straight thorugh pipes on pickup trucks and loud obnoxious ignorant drunk white folk.
I find it ironic that you call me ignorant because I use the term fag, (meaning cigarette) when you steriotype "white folk". Btw I honestly do hate certain things, I hate being waken up by someone driving around with a loud exhaust, if you don't "hate" that, then well you have a different opinion then me, which doesn't make me dumb or ignorant.

Also I think that carbon fiber hoods are dumb. Here's why. by replacing your regular hood with a carbon fiber hood your mabey saving 5-10 pounds, which is almost useless and theres a much cheaper way of losing 5-10 pounds on your car, which is going on a diet, or kicking your passenger out of the car . Plus they seem pretty damn inconvienant beacuse most of the ones you see you have to pop the hood by using those rubber sticky things.

Last edited by cwc123 : 04-07-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 AM   #11
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
By any chance do you live in the bay area(California)????? I mean I don't really know where else the old cars are at. Around here though they call them "scrapers" with suction exhausts big spinnings rims and a rattliing trunk. As for the "ricers" some have half finished cars that are not yet finished. And for loud music maybe you like to listen to your music low but I prefer my music to be loud as well.

....and some of those cars will NEVER be finished... if you really want to know where some of these cars are, i can get you some locations. i drive about 600-800 miles a week, and i see a lot. of course, you sometimes have to go the the crappier areas to see "junk on dubs"...

Quote:

i thought you lived in chicago/chicago suburbs, elchango....? that's where i see most of these cars... not trying to be insulting or anything, but i can't think of a near suburb that would have a lot of p/u trucks and stuff...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:16 AM   #12
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Normally you have a pretty good grasp on reality, but you really blew it this time. Let's explore this question, which is by the way not a question, it's a request.

The last time I checked, body kits are made out of some sort of material. Fiberglass, lexan, polyurethane, plastic, popsicle sticks, something. No matter what they're made from, the have mass. That means they weigh some amount, no matter how minimal. That is unless you want me to believe they come packaged in cardboard to keep them floating away. Let's not forget the attaching hardware, even if it's an adhesive which also weighs something. Also, except in the cases of extreme ricers who like to keep their body kits displayed in a faded shade of plastic, they're painted and paint has weight to it as well. But I digress.

So any logical thinking person can agree that body kits weigh something. When you take something that has weight and attach it to your car, it now add weight to your car. This all seems pretty simple to me, but what do I know.

Think, type, submit.

When did I say they didn't wiegh anything??? I wanted this douche to explain why they added extra weight (as that was what he was getting at). Any person in his/her right mind knows that a body kit replaces weight. You're simply replacing the wieght that's already there from the stock bumpers. Some body kits can weigh less than the stock bumpers, some can weigh more (it all depends on the material that they're made of). Please show me where I f*ed up?

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-07-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:22 AM   #13
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc123
I find it ironic that you call me ignorant because I use the term fag, (meaning cigarette) when you steriotype "white folk". Btw I honestly do hate certain things, I hate being waken up by someone driving around with a loud exhaust, if you don't "hate" that, then well you have a different opinion then me, which doesn't make me dumb or ignorant.

I never stereotyped all white people. I made it clear it was only the dumb ignorant drunk assholes that wake everyone up on their way home from the bars at 2:00AM (and guess what, they happen to be white).

Oh, and I never called you ignorant because you used the term fag. Your whole rant about hate reeks of your ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
i thought you lived in chicago/chicago suburbs, elchango....? that's where i see most of these cars... not trying to be insulting or anything, but i can't think of a near suburb that would have a lot of p/u trucks and stuff...
I'm living in Carbondale (SIUC) right now because a 5.5 hour commute from Chicago just wouldn't be the ideal thing to do .

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-07-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #14
cwc123
CF Newbie

K specify where I'm being ignorant. I state my opinion, and you come on a call me a douche, hmm who's ignorant there? All you have to do is say you disagree with me, but instead you act like a 12 year old and take what I have to say as a personal attack on you. Also as for body kits adding weight, most of them are larger than the original bumpers because their ment to make the car look closer to the ground, and what exactly are side skirts replacing?

PS: Get a dictionary and look up what ignorant means, and you should re-think what you think hate is. An opinion contrary to yours in not hate.

Last edited by cwc123 : 04-07-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:48 AM   #15
shadowedII
CF Newbie

Can't anyone hold a bloody topic without holding a pissing contest!?

Dear god.

STAY ON TOPIC! I'm getting tired of all of this damned name calling and childish finger pointing.

As for the "ricers", down here in Arizona we get a lot of them. Beat up hondas that have been to hell and back with a nice big fart can slapped onto them and a body kit thats being held together with epoxy. ANd usually its not a single body kit, but rather a front bumper from one car, skirts from another kit, and then a rear from some other kit. Always, ALWAYS, different colors. Or else no color. With pleanty of splotches of epoxy.

The cars sound like bumblebee's when they drive past you.