Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 AM   #16
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc123
I'd like to know everyone's opinion on the pimping fad, I call it a fad because I think it will go the way of hippie vans and shag carpets. I personally think pimping (Spinners giant spiolers bodykits those ****ing dumb exhausts) is retarded. You always see some old crappy car with the paint rusting off it with big rims and a loud exhuast, and it can barely get up a hill. As for bodykits and such I think their pretty much a paradox in themselves, their ment for high-performance cars to lower drag, but people who put them on stock cars, and call themselves street racers, are only adding weight onto their car because their not going to be going 100mph for a couple hours a day, and if they are their engine will only last so long. Big amps and shit are really annoying to me too, I hate it when I'm at home and someone thinks they will be gangster and play some 50cent really loud and try to attract attention. Also if you do consider yourself a streetracer (aka fag who puts ppls lives in danger) why the hell would you attract attention to yourself by playing loud music and having a car that looks like a hot-wheels? Wouldn't inconspicous be the best? I honestly think people should stop doing all this "pimping" and get back to adding HP to their engines. What do you ppl think?

Thats my rant :P

Your "opinion" is pretty clear. you hate ricers, you hate "gangsters" with loud audio, You hate people who choose the bling-bling factor over "adding Hp to their engines".

You see you ignorant POS, there's more to the automotive world than HP numbers. Some people want to make their cars stand out from the rest of the crowd. Some people want a nice cruiser. Some people want to make their cars look fast. Some people want to make their cars fast. Some people want to be able to enjoy music as they think it was intended to be enjoyed. Some people see a car as a transportation device to get from point a to point b. Some people see the car culture as their way of life. To some people, their car's define them. To some people it's a hobby. To some people its an obsession. Some people want a dyno beast. Some people want a trailer queen. Some people want a track machine. Some people want a daily driver. Some people want to be original. Some people want to copy everything they see in magazines and movies. And finally, some simple minded ingorant people want to hate on everyone else simply because they don't see things a certain way.

/END RANT.

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-07-2006 at 08:00 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
When did I say they didn't wiegh anything??? I wanted this douche to explain why they added extra weight (as that was what he was getting at). Any person in his/her right mind knows that a body kit replaces weight. You're simply replacing the wieght that's already there from the stock bumpers. Some body kits can weigh less than the stock bumpers, some can weigh more (it all depends on the material that they're made of). Please show me where I f*ed up?
Well, at least you understand the kits themselves have weight, and by your own admission some of them weigh more than the parts they replace. That right there is at least a partial answer to your request;

Quote:
1.) Please explain how body kits add weight???

Additionally, not all body kits replace parts. Some are simply attached to the existing bodywork. If you intsall something and remove nothing, you have added weight which makes the car weigh more. If you replace parts with parts that are heavier ("Some body kits can weigh less than the stock bumpers, some can weigh more"), you have added weight which make the car weigh more. This is all a fairly simple concept if you'd use your mind instead of your emotions. Think about it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #18
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedII
Can't anyone hold a bloody topic without holding a pissing contest!?

Dear god.

STAY ON TOPIC! I'm getting tired of all of this damned name calling and childish finger pointing.

As for the "ricers", down here in Arizona we get a lot of them. Beat up hondas that have been to hell and back with a nice big fart can slapped onto them and a body kit thats being held together with epoxy. ANd usually its not a single body kit, but rather a front bumper from one car, skirts from another kit, and then a rear from some other kit. Always, ALWAYS, different colors. Or else no color. With pleanty of splotches of epoxy.

The cars sound like bumblebee's when they drive past you.

sounds like my car
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
musclecarneon
Banned

hey ... wow, that's a serious rant man, you've really started a war here ...

My take on it is some people--like, for example, me--just don't have enough money to drive an impressive car. like me and my neon, lol. so I don't think it's a big problem do to body mods on your car just for show. it doesn't bother me at all. the big exhausts don't really bug me either ... except at night, like the other guy said. 'pimping' up the body is a good way to make your junker look a little better and attract more girls than you would with a plain peice of crap car.
That said, my neon doesn't even have any body mods because i don't even have money for that much
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #20
cwc123
CF Newbie

Quote:
Your "opinion" is pretty clear. you hate ricers, you hate "gangsters" with loud audio, You hate people who choose the bling-bling factor over "adding Hp to their engines".

You see you ignorant POS, there's more to the automotive world than HP numbers. Some people want to make their cars stand out from the rest of the crowd. Some people want a nice cruiser. Some people want to make their cars look fast. Some people want to make their cars fast. Some people want to be able to enjoy music as they think it was intended to be enjoyed. Some people see a car as a transportation device to get from point a to point b. Some people see the car culture as their way of life. To some people, their car's define them. To some people it's a hobby. To some people its an obsession. Some people want a dyno beast. Some people want a trailer queen. Some people want a track machine. Some people want a daily driver. Some people want to be original. Some people want to copy everything they see in magazines and movies. And finally, some simple minded ingorant people want to hate on everyone else simply because they don't see things a certain way.

/END RANT.

And some people are uneducated dickheads who take offense to anything that threatens their lifestyle. I think I back up my arguements quite well, and aparently im not the only one that "hates" certain aspects of rice, and if you think hate is to strong of a word than your a ****ing moron. I think its time for you to shut the **** up you damn mongoloyd because you're not saying anything relevent to the ****ing topic. I say "I don't like rice because of these reasons - - - -" and then you come on and call me an ignorant pos douche. Go to college and take some philosophy courses or something because you're a ****ing moron. BTW I never said some people don't like rice, I said I dont like rice you dislexic shithumper.

And thats not much of a rant, you write like Doctor Sues.

And ffs use a dictionary and look up ignorant.

Last edited by cwc123 : 04-07-2006 at 05:36 PM.
cwc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #21
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

I dislike the attitude...those that think by adding a wing, oversized exhaust, and a few vinyls will suddenly make them the baddest thing on the street.

However, for those that do those things simply because that's how they want their car to be instead of becoming a childish racer because of a few visual modifications, I have no problem with that. I certainly wouldn't do any of those things to my car...I can't think of any visual modification that I would want to do. But for those that do, that's their choice and I won't hate them for it.

Admittedly, I do laugh sometimes when I see an oddly modified car. Some people's tastes are stranger than others I guess, but if that flips their switch then more power to them.

However, I do find it sad that people have to "hate" on everything. If people have a certain way they like their cars to look, then how is that bothering anyone? It's sad that people think that just because something isn't just like they are or their tastes that it has to be hated.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #22
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
And some people are uneducated dickheads who take offense to anything that threatens their lifestyle. I think I back up my arguements quite well, and aparently im not the only one that "hates" certain aspects of rice, and if you think hate is to strong of a word than your a ****ing moron. I think its time for you to shut the **** up you damn mongoloyd because you're not saying anything relevent to the ****ing topic. I say "I don't like rice because of these reasons - - - -" and then you come on and call me an ignorant pos douche. Go to college and take some philosophy courses or something because you're a ****ing moron. BTW I never said some people don't like rice, I said I dont like rice you dislexic shithumper.

wow, 6 posts and you already managed to start a flame war. i dont see you lasting long around here.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #23
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
why the hell would you attract attention to yourself by playing loud music and having a car that looks like a hot-wheels?
HEY!! Don't diss the Hot Wheels!! There's some perfectly good ones out there!!

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #24
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:

Bravo, Bravo

Not only have you displayed your single digit IQ with this post, it's quite clear you didn't understand what my rant was all about. I wrote like Dr. Sues so that you'd understand me and apparently, you still didn't. It's not about your disliking certain aspects of rice, it's about your ignorant anti-rice attitude as a whole. People have been modififying their cars so that they look different and sound louder since the 50's. Your whole rant was a simple hater's rant on how certain people prefer to mod thier cars. Go back and read. Too some people, it's not all about hp numbers and that's what your not seeing. It was never about your "threatning my lifestyle", it was about your immaturity to come to this forum, and for your 3rd post, rant about how much you hate this and that. It's not about your views, but your attitude. Maybe when you grow some hair down there, you'll know what I'm talking about. Till then, grow up and STFU already.

Oh and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
Ignorant: adj.-
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

You've shown us you're all three.

I'm done with you. Say whatever else you feel you need to say. Swear some more if you have to. But while your doing that, ask yourself, why did you start this thread? To whine and cry about you how much you hate certain things, or to start a flame war?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #25
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
I dislike the attitude...those that think by adding a wing, oversized exhaust, and a few vinyls will suddenly make them the baddest thing on the street.

However, for those that do those things simply because that's how they want their car to be instead of becoming a childish racer because of a few visual modifications, I have no problem with that. I certainly wouldn't do any of those things to my car...I can't think of any visual modification that I would want to do. But for those that do, that's their choice and I won't hate them for it.

Admittedly, I do laugh sometimes when I see an oddly modified car. Some people's tastes are stranger than others I guess, but if that flips their switch then more power to them.

However, I do find it sad that people have to "hate" on everything. If people have a certain way they like their cars to look, then how is that bothering anyone? It's sad that people think that just because something isn't just like they are or their tastes that it has to be hated.
Meh, I'm with Danny boy here, I dislike the attitude of most of them, but what they are doing is personlizing their cars, and IMO I like to stray away from society's normal
Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #26
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Additionally, not all body kits replace parts. Some are simply attached to the existing bodywork. I
While I agree, I don't however see them as body kits as they don't replace any body parts. I see them more as Lip kits.