Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Car Trends

So in the last few years the muscle car/collector car market really sky rocketed in price. What do you think the future holds for these cars? Do you think they wil continue to rise in price or do you think they will drop down soon.

I came accross this too and I thought it was silly A slant six vert dissassembled half rusted out. It is saveable but It looks like a lot of work. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymo...cm dZViewItem

What do you think the next big trend will be?
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
elchango36
WWJCD

I don't think Muscle cars will ever die. As they become more and more rare, price will continue to skyrocket.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I'd say old muscle cars have just about topped off, but the again, I said that years ago. At some point people have got to realize these prices are ridiculous. I don't see any particular trend, but I figure that Buick GNs, especially GNXs will increase in value, along with the GMC Syclones/Typhoons. Also, I've seen a Diablo and a few well used Vipers go for 30-40K recently. I bet in the long run those would be a decent investment as I don't see them ever being worth less than that.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well if you really looked at and read that auction listing, you'd notice it is mostly complete, just disassembled. Also, most of the parts are said to be original AND to top it all off, it says there was only like 233 or something Convertibles made (guessing it means in that year).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:02 AM   #5
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well if you really looked at and read that auction listing, you'd notice it is mostly complete, just disassembled. Also, most of the parts are said to be original AND to top it all off, it says there was only like 233 or something Convertibles made (guessing it means in that year).

Well see heres the thing, it's not even a true muscle car, its a barracuda, not a cuda, and once you stick a bigblock v8 in it or a HEMI, its no longer original. See what I'm trying to say. But then again I have seen HEMI clones go for 6 figures on Barrett Jackson. While I'm on the topic of it, Barrett Jackson is a joke, it's mostly old guys flexing their money muscles, and half those cars won't even be driven that much to be truely enjoyed.

EDIT: found another eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb... 202734QQrdZ1

Last edited by Benson : 04-09-2006 at 03:43 AM.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
Well see heres the thing, it's not even a true muscle car, its a barracuda, not a cuda, and once you stick a bigblock v8 in it or a HEMI, its no longer original. See what I'm trying to say. But then again I have seen HEMI clones go for 6 figures on Barrett Jackson. While I'm on the topic of it, Barrett Jackson is a joke, it's mostly old guys flexing their money muscles, and half those cars won't even be driven that much to be truely enjoyed.

EDIT: found another eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb... 202734QQrdZ1
Barrett Jackson's pretty interesting though...Sure there's rich people (not all old, just most lol)...but some of the cars they have there are pretty amazing lol
Old 04-09-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:

Yes, but if I'm not mistaken that is a REAL Shelby GT 350, so the price of them are always high.. and just like the Barracuda, this one is mostly complete and stock (except engine block and few other engines parts). I'm not saying that the prices most older cars are going for are a good deal, as most are quite high and out of range of the average person to buy, but sadly I think prices will still get higher over time. May not seem like a good deal to most, but even with those 2 auctions, look how many bids they had..

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:23 AM   #8
happyboy7
Banned

I think the collector car market will just continue to rise in valuation. I have to say that I'm surprised at how much it has risen in the last few years. There will always be a market for that rare ride!
happyboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #9
Aondor
CF Addict

i got my 73 rust free 51 k miles for 500 dollars
Old 04-13-2006, 05:29 AM   #10
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:

well, it's rare b/c it's a barracuda, and a convert. and a /6. w/ all the cloning going on, those /6 cars are somewhat of a novelty and even rarer than they were originally. i'm not saying it would be valuable to me necessarily, just saying that's why it would be valuable to someone. i've never seen a /6 e-body in person (so to speak). i've seen countless 318, 340, 383, 426, and 440 cars, though...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I think that the Classic car market will continue to rise in value, I also think that in a few years time, we'll have more and more cars rising to that status. For example, the 'new age' Muscle cars such as the new Mustang and Ford GT will be old eventually! Same with other cars such roadsters like the Mazda MX5!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote