Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 03:29 AM   #1
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Funny Road Rage experience

Well, today I drove back from Atlanta to Baton Rouge to finish off my semester. I was on I-10W on the Mississippi/Louisiana border (2-lane interstate on each side) and I was in the left lane in a 8-10 car line going about 70mph (slow car blocking the flow)...

So a blue 2002-ish Monte Carlo SS (supercharged Series II 3.8) comes blowing up in the right hand lane and passes me by and then gets stuck behind a slow 60-65mph truck. The driver then is desperate to get into the left lane to get around this truck but there is really no room in this long line of cars I'm in, in the left lane (slightly less than a car-length between the vehicles, basically)...So this @sshole decides to try and sneak in in front of me and he totally would of clipped my front end had I not slowed down and let him in as he was pushing his way in. I then stood on my horn and didnt let up to let the driver know they were being @sses. Then I proceed to get three fingers from the left right and sunroof windows respectively (totally stupid) from the Monte Carlo SS. I get a little pissed and decide to have fun with this clown. When I find my line I get in the right lane and pull up side-by-side with the Monte and they had their windows down so I gave these 30ish aged couple a few words and the finger (going about 75-80mph)...they say some crap back and what do I do?

I grab my burger king drink I was drinking from dinner earlier and proceed to say "Eat drink b*tches" and threw a perfect throw of my king size cup of diet coke right through their passenger side window and hit the passenger and exploded everywhere in their car. Obviously I was cracking up at this point and they thought I must be insane so they try and get away from me as quick as possible...

(This is where it gets good)... So he gets in the right lane in front of me and lays down HARD on the throttle and pulls away. I'd say they got up to 100-105mph then laid off the throttle and I see a huge steady stream of black smoke come out from UNDERNEATH the engine (not the exhaust) and then BAM...the supercharger belt snapped and fell out beneath the car.

I then pulled over as quickly as I could and had to sit there cracking up for about 5 minutes. This has got to be the one of the top 3 funniest things in driving a car I've ever witnessed, probably ever will.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Well, today I drove back from Atlanta to Baton Rouge to finish off my semester. I was on I-10W on the Mississippi/Louisiana border (2-lane interstate on each side) and I was in the left lane in a 8-10 car line going about 70mph (slow car blocking the flow)...

So a blue 2002-ish Monte Carlo SS (supercharged Series II 3.8) comes blowing up in the right hand lane and passes me by and then gets stuck behind a slow 60-65mph truck. The driver then is desperate to get into the left lane to get around this truck but there is really no room in this long line of cars I'm in, in the left lane (slightly less than a car-length between the vehicles, basically)...So this @sshole decides to try and sneak in in front of me and he totally would of clipped my front end had I not slowed down and let him in as he was pushing his way in. I then stood on my horn and didnt let up to let the driver know they were being @sses. Then I proceed to get three fingers from the left right and sunroof windows respectively (totally stupid) from the Monte Carlo SS. I get a little pissed and decide to have fun with this clown. When I find my line I get in the right lane and pull up side-by-side with the Monte and they had their windows down so I gave these 30ish aged couple a few words and the finger (going about 75-80mph)...they say some crap back and what do I do?

I grab my burger king drink I was drinking from dinner earlier and proceed to say "Eat drink b*tches" and threw a perfect throw of my king size cup of diet coke right through their passenger side window and hit the passenger and exploded everywhere in their car. Obviously I was cracking up at this point and they thought I must be insane so they try and get away from me as quick as possible...

(This is where it gets good)... So he gets in the right lane in front of me and lays down HARD on the throttle and pulls away. I'd say they got up to 100-105mph then laid off the throttle and I see a huge steady stream of black smoke come out from UNDERNEATH the engine (not the exhaust) and then BAM...the supercharger belt snapped and fell out beneath the car.

I then pulled over as quickly as I could and had to sit there cracking up for about 5 minutes. This has got to be the one of the top 3 funniest things in driving a car I've ever witnessed, probably ever will.
You must be a f*cking genius. You don't fix one wrong with another. Especially something as idiotic as tossing a soda through somebody's window at that kind of speed. You could have easily caused a huge wreck and injured or even killed people, including yourself.

That is a public road you were driving on, and the general public has a right to expect other users to drive with repsect, common courtesy and common sense. You have none of the above. You have just shown that you are a person of very low intelligence and are completely unworthy of any respect you may have gained on these boards. If I were you I'd be ashamed to ever post here again.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
It's a good story, and if I were there, I would have been laughing my ass off too, but it's a stupid and dangerous thing to do. It's funny but wrong
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You must be a f*cking genius. You don't fix one wrong with another. Especially something as idiotic as tossing a soda through somebody's window at that kind of speed. You could have easily caused a huge wreck and injured or even killed people, including yourself.

That is a public road you were driving on, and the general public has a right to expect other users to drive with repsect, common courtesy and common sense. You have none of the above. You have just shown that you are a person of very low intelligence and are completely unworthy of any respect you may have gained on these boards. If I were you I'd be ashamed to ever post here again.

At the point of screwing around, no one else was around, it was just him and I. I know how to handle my car, I dont care what happens to him, I care about myself and anyone else in my car. If you are driving dangerously and come across my path, expect to deal with whatever is thrown at you if you try and aggrivate me. I dont let these kind of idiots go, and if It takes something stupid on behalf to make them stop what they are doing, then I'll do it... I knew you wouldn't like it, but I dont care. I really, dont. IT was a good laugh, he was an @ss, and he deserved it. If he crashed his car, he deserved it, one less idiot off the road. I'm not embarassed one bit and will do this again if this happens again. I dont let idiots like him go without teaching them a lesson (in his case, a costly repair, inside and out). If you just let them go, they will continue to "act a fool".

Yes, I'm pretty selfish. Deal with it, dont cut me off
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 AM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
I'm with Hobo on this one. What you did was immature, irresponsible, and just plain stupid.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
At the point of screwing around, no one else was around, it was just him and I. I know how to handle my car, I dont care what happens to him, I care about myself and anyone else in my car. If you are driving dangerously and come across my path, expect to deal with whatever is thrown at you if you try and aggrivate me. I dont let these kind of idiots go, and if It takes something stupid on behalf to make them stop what they are doing, then I'll do it... I knew you wouldn't like it, but I dont care. I really, dont. IT was a good laugh, he was an @ss, and he deserved it. If he crashed his car, he deserved it, one less idiot off the road. I'm not embarassed one bit and will do this again if this happens again. I dont let idiots like him go without teaching them a lesson (in his case, a costly repair, inside and out). If you just let them go, they will continue to "act a fool".

Yes, I'm pretty selfish. Deal with it, dont cut me off
Really? Are you sure about that douche bag? Or maybe I should call you newyorker. If "no one else was around", then what happened to;

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
...I was in the left lane in a 8-10 car line going about 70mph (slow car blocking the flow)...

So a blue 2002-ish Monte Carlo SS (supercharged Series II 3.8) comes blowing up in the right hand lane and passes me by and then gets stuck behind a slow 60-65mph truck. The driver then is desperate to get into the left lane to get around this truck but there is really no room in this long line of cars I'm in, in the left lane (slightly less than a car-length between the vehicles, basically)...
Not only are you a dangerous and immature little bitch who shouldn't be allowed the privilege of driving a car, but now you can add liar to your resume. How is it that there was a long line of cars on an empty road? It doesn't wash.

Little f*ckers like you that need to compensate for your lack of manhood by doing stupid things like that on the road, should be hung up by your teeny tiny balls. That is if they've dropped enough yet to get a hold off. You are a pathetic piece of sh*t.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:57 AM   #7
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
It may have been stupid, immature, dangerous and what not, but sometimes it takes a thing like that to knock some sense into some. If nothing had been done, then you'd probably of seen a wreck further up because the idiot tried cutting infront of someone else who WASN'T paying attention. Some people have to learn, and some don't learn unless it's the hard way.. so I'm not going to give you crap about it, or anything else.. drink in the window may have been alittle harsh (compared to just on the outside), but shit happens.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:20 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
It may have been stupid, immature, dangerous and what not, but sometimes it takes a thing like that to knock some sense into some. If nothing had been done, then you'd probably of seen a wreck further up because the idiot tried cutting infront of someone else who WASN'T paying attention. Some people have to learn, and some don't learn unless it's the hard way.. so I'm not going to give you crap about it, or anything else.. drink in the window may have been alittle harsh (compared to just on the outside), but shit happens.
You mean as opposed to the wreck that could have been caused by two ignorant jerkoffs where they were at on the road? No matter how you cut it, two wrongs don't make a right. Your logic is completely backwards and displays a total lack of thought at best, and intelligence at worst.

What if your mother or father got killed by someone who ran into their car because they had a soda thrown through the window at them? Would you still have your cavalier attitude toward the situation, or would it take on a bit more importance? You should really put a little more mental effort into your posts. It might keep you from becoming a total imbecile like your hero.

I'd sure like to see some real adults weigh in on this subject.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:24 AM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really? Are you sure about that douche bag? Or maybe I should call you newyorker. If "no one else was around", then what happened to;


Not only are you a dangerous and immature little bitch who shouldn't be allowed the privilege of driving a car, but now you can add liar to your resume. How is it that there was a long line of cars on an empty road? It doesn't wash.

Little f*ckers like you that need to compensate for your lack of manhood by doing stupid things like that on the road, should be hung up by your teeny tiny balls. That is if they've dropped enough yet to get a hold off. You are a pathetic piece of sh*t.

Gee you dont think I WAITED until there were no cars around to catch up to this guy? No way!

I never lied, nice try TRYING to put words in my mouth, the coke incident didnt happen until there was no one around...hence when I "caught up with him later". Again, I wouldn't dop something so stupid and put OTHERS in danger. I know what I did was stupid, you dont have keep calling me names and bust a nut. It just turned out fine for everyone in the end. Give it a rest.

Go ahead and post again hobo, I know your power-trip isn't close to being done yet in this thread.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 AM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You mean as opposed to the wreck that could have been caused by two ignorant jerkoffs where they were at on the road? No matter how you cut it, two wrongs don't make a right. Your logic is completely backwards and displays a total lack of thought at best, and intelligence at worst.

What if your mother or father got killed by someone who ran into their car because they had a soda thrown through the window at them? Would you still have your cavalier attitude toward the situation, or would it take on a bit more importance? You should really put a little more mental effort into your posts. It might keep you from becoming a total imbecile like your hero.

I'd sure like to see some real adults weigh in on this subject.

Again, I only put him and me in the "danger zone" and I'm just fine with doing that. I put the ignorant fool in danger and myself, no one else. Give it a rest, you dont have to care about me so much, only I do.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:31 AM   #11
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
It may have been stupid, immature, dangerous and what not, but sometimes it takes a thing like that to knock some sense into some. If nothing had been done, then you'd probably of seen a wreck further up because the idiot tried cutting infront of someone else who WASN'T paying attention. Some people have to learn, and some don't learn unless it's the hard way.. so I'm not going to give you crap about it, or anything else.. drink in the window may have been alittle harsh (compared to just on the outside), but shit happens.

It was a little over the top and I know it was stupid and I'm glad it just turned out hilarious in the end (especially with the S/C belt going). I'm fairly sure he wont ever pull this kind of stupid sh*t again, at least not to me. I agree with you, letting clowns like him go scot free will never stop them from doing what they do. They need an insane person who's been on a 7 hour trip already to show them some fun and scare them a little. No harm no foul.

I dont know why I threw the drink, very impulsive and unlike myself. But, it all worked out. But I realize I'll be bombbarded with hypothetical situations and hobo calling me an "ignorant douchebag" for the next few posts...it's worth-it. As long as I know I realize what I did was stupid, it's fine. But of course, some people will have to give their
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:31 AM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You mean as opposed to the wreck that could have been caused by two ignorant jerkoffs where they were at on the road? No matter how you cut it, two wrongs don't make a right. Your logic is completely backwards and displays a total lack of thought at best, and intelligence at worst.

What if your mother or father got killed by someone who ran into their car because they had a soda thrown through the window at them? Would you still have your cavalier attitude toward the situation, or would it take on a bit more importance? You should really put a little more mental effort into your posts. It might keep you from becoming a total imbecile like your hero.

I'd sure like to see some real adults weigh in on this subject.
Well I didn't think about it that hard, and I never said he was my hero. Also I don't care about my posts as I'm not usually around too often, and when I am, I don't really make many posts (unlike some of the members here). My main point was, who are any of us to judge each other? It's not like we were there and saw it exactly how it happened, and of course none of us here are perfect (some are better than others, but still not perfect).

Everyone does something stupid and without thinking sometimes, I bet you haven't made the right decision every time in your life.. I know I see other people do it all the time in the world around me.. sometimes they get lucky and get away, other times they aren't so lucky and include innocent civilians also. Times have changed since you were a teen (I know, even my parents have said it), and I don't mean for the better.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #13
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
kinda a funny,, also kind of dangerous... I once got puched in the face while driving on the highway. MIght of seemed funny at the time but was dangerous as ****. whenever i tried to honk my horn at someone if they cut me off it doesn't work cause my horn is so weak lol... integra horns suck... i should get an air horn to scare the crap out of people when they cut me off.
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:35 AM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well I didn't think about it that hard, and I never said he was my hero. Also I don't care about my posts as I'm not usually around too often, and when I am, I don't really make many posts (unlike some of the members here). My main point was, who are any of us to judge each other? It's not like we were there and saw it exactly how it happened, and of course none of us here are perfect (some are better than others, but still not perfect).

Everyone does something stupid and without thinking sometimes, I bet you haven't made the right decision every time in your life.. I know I see other people do it all the time in the world around me.. sometimes they get lucky and get away, other times they aren't so lucky and include innocent civilians also. Times have changed since you were a teen (I know, even my parents have said it), and I don't mean for the better.

But hobo is the king of judges!

Now insert hobo :thunderbird is king of something: here....
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:57 AM   #15
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
I have to admit I laughed imagining the scene, but it was a pretty dangerous and stupid thing to do. Plus if something did happen, not only could it have caused someone else injury or death, but you could have been in serious trouble. Unless your intent was to pull a newyorker and flee the scene.

If I was in a situation where another driver was creating a dangerous situation involving me, I'd call the police. In fact I did once. Two cars were driving like complete idiots on the highway, trying to get around each other, suddenly slamming the brakes in front of each other, driving around people on the shoulder, and laughing all the way. The main reason I called the police though was because there were two small children in one of the cars.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.