Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Got My Permit Today

Today I got my Drivers permit, the test wasant all that hard and the rest was even easier, just stamp stamp stamp and im all ready,

Ive been for a few drives in the car like this one here

and its pretty good, I just hate having to use one foot for two pedals, oh well, im sure ill get used to it

its nice to finally be driving

anyone else remember getting their permit still?
or getting it soon?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

I got mine a month ago and the first time you go out on traffic...is a big adrenaline rush lol
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
Shift4
CF Newbie

99Integra, YOU just got YOURS a month ago?!?! Havnt you had your 99 integra for like ages now?? Yeah, i got mine like 2 months ago and while its fun, a Mazda MPV isnt really my first choice for a car. . . I could use some advice on what to get for something pretty fast and sporty but no-one is replying to my threads. . .

Yeah, driving is definitely fun though: even if it is in a slow car
Shift4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift4
99Integra, YOU just got YOURS a month ago?!?! Havnt you had your 99 integra for like ages now?? Yeah, i got mine like 2 months ago and while its fun, a Mazda MPV isnt really my first choice for a car. . . I could use some advice on what to get for something pretty fast and sporty but no-one is replying to my threads. . .

Old 04-18-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
glagon1979
daddy x3

I FEEL OLD. all you guys are young on here. granted im not old like hobo or chrisv, but i've been driving for almost 11 years now and it doesnt feel like that long at all.
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

2 More months until I get mine...But then for 8 months I can't go on anyhighway or above 80km/h (50 miles) lol, and someone with at least 4 years of driving experience has to be in the car with me...Yeah, Ontario sucks for driving

BTW Shift4, Teggy admitted that he doesn't have an Integra, but he has a 1993 Ford Ranger, and he's 15 lol.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #7
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

glagon, I feel old, and i'm even as old as you....haha!

I've been a licensed driver for 4 years, had my 6 months of permitness prior to that...many kms have gone underneath me along the way...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift4

Whoa, SOMEONE missed a few threads a couple of months ago. Hey, wasn't I the one that, well, revealed his real identity?

As for the MPV, all's I drove for the first couple of months was an '01 MPV, and it was ok, but only cause it was drving period. I hate the thing now, sometimes I just don't do something because I don't want to drive it. I feel like I'm drivin a hovercraft on a video game or something when I drive it.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Today I got my Drivers permit, the test wasant all that hard and the rest was even easier, just stamp stamp stamp and im all ready,

Ive been for a few drives in the car like this one here

and its pretty good, I just hate having to use one foot for two pedals, oh well, im sure ill get used to it

its nice to finally be driving

anyone else remember getting their permit still?
or getting it soon?
I thought you just turned 16? At 16 I had a full license. Hell, in Texas you can get a hardship license at like 14-15.

At my drivers ed place the first car I drove, other than my Camry in a parking lot, was a Buick Century. After that I drove like 3 different Focus ZTS's. They all SUCKED! Lol...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I had to drive my bosses Jag (first Auto I've driven in a few yrs) a while ago, and having driven a manual day in day out for the majority of my driving career, it felt strange having a 'spare' foot lol. I kept wanting to use my left foot for the brake due to using a clutch so much....got used to it eventually though!

I've been driving for around 4.5yrs, It works differently here though, at 17yrs old (might be 18 now though?), you can officially drive a car. You have to obtain a provisional driving license (like you permit I think...), which entitles you to drive accompanied by someone who's been driving for over 3yrs. During which time you can take lessons with a proffesional instructor or with that accomapanying driver I mentioned, and eventually take a test to get your full UK license. Once you've done this and passed your test, you are FREE! and there are no restrictions on when or where you drive.....as long as you stay on the road lol.

You can get your provisional license at 16yrs old in order to ride a 50cc Moped or Motorcycle, which I did. I have been driving for 4.5yrs on my full license (since I was 19yrs old). I was driving around the garage I worked at long before that though, only moving cars around, but the parking experience helped no end! and I was able to drive all sorts of cars, large and small. Only downside was that I picked up a few bad habits that the other Mechanics used. I failed my test twice, but then most Mechanics do as I've been told lol.

Congrats on the permit!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I got mine a month ago and the first time you go out on traffic...is a big adrenaline rush lol
Okay, mark me cofused. Three months ago you created this thread;

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=19349

Not only that but you've yapped alot about how slow the Ranger is in certain conditions, etc. So which is it, did you just get your permit a month ago and first experience the rush of driving in traffic or have you been on the road for at least three months, even taking the truck out partying? It can't be both.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Congrats man.

I got my G1 (Learners Permit) in December and thought it was one of the easiest tests I've taken (I practiced on youngdrivers.com doing the quiz... which is almost the exact same as the test). So far I haven't been able to drive yet though, but will be taking drivers ed the end of this month. After that then I can get my G2 in August (8 months later if drivers ed is taken, 12 months if it isn't), then have to wait another year to get my full G (only difference between G2 and G is that with a G you can have some alcohol in your system).

And costs..
$125 for test (also includes the road test for G2)
$625 for drivers ed (cheapest except through the highschool, but they use like 15 year old books)

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:30 AM   #13
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Okay, mark me cofused. Three months ago you created this thread;

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=19349

Not only that but you've yapped alot about how slow the Ranger is in certain conditions, etc. So which is it, did you just get your permit a month ago and first experience the rush of driving in traffic or have you been on the road for at least three months, even taking the truck out partying? It can't be both.
No no no I just said that it is an adrenaline rush the first time in traffic, I've been drivin the truck for a while but on streets that aren't as crowded as say Ulmerton or I-19 (if you remember how they used to be). I got my permit March 10, 2006, but I've been drivin the truck since I got it, and when I said thats what I listened to when I go out partyin, I never said I used to drive the truck to the parties, I just used that CD
Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Wow if this thread make me feel old... I wonder what some of the other members think?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 AM   #15
Shift4
CF Newbie

HOLY GAY?!?!?!?! CHRIS?!?!?! I thought you were like 28!! HOLY WOW. . . . this isnt even funny! I'm older than you guys and I used to take advice from you like it was coming from 40 year olds! Granted yous till give great advice,thats not the point, but still. . . . wow. . . . how do you know so much about cars then?
Shift4 is offline   Reply With Quote