Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
Wonda Bred
CF Newbie

new to classic cars (help!)

Whats up everyone, im new to the forum. This place looked pretty cool compared to the rest, but i will get to the main point. After too many expensive repairs, im selling my car and have set my eyes on a classic car. However, I am almost totally clueless as to what to get. Im looking for anything from a mustang or firebird to an impala, between 1960 and 1980. Hoping to spend no more than 14K. It definately need to be something that can be tweaked around with though. I need a place to start in looking for something, so anything you could suggest would be great. Thanks

Last edited by Wonda Bred : 03-17-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Wonda Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Suggestion: Introduce Yourself (the thread)

Edit: There's a specific thread titled as such...on the top of the index page...that's what I meant.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 03-17-2004 at 11:41 PM.
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
Wonda Bred
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Suggestion: Introduce Yourself (the thread)

Edit: There's a specific thread titled as such...on the top of the index page...that's what I meant.

good call
Wonda Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonda Bred
good call

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
72Cutlass442
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonda Bred
Whats up everyone, im new to the forum. This place looked pretty cool compared to the rest, but i will get to the main point. After too many expensive repairs, im selling my car and have set my eyes on a classic car. However, I am almost totally clueless as to what to get. Im looking for anything from a mustang or firebird to an impala, between 1960 and 1980. Hoping to spend no more than 14K. It definately need to be something that can be tweaked around with though. I need a place to start in looking for something, so anything you could suggest would be great. Thanks
With so many cars to choose from in so many different styles in so many different eras. . . you get the idea. You need to do some looking around on the net and maybe go to a couple of car shows and decide what type you are looking for. You might even just narrow it down to wanting an "A-Body" or wanting a specific manufacturer and year range but we need something a little less general because we are all partial to our own types of cars and asking an open-ended question like that will have everyone telling you that their type of car is the best when everyone knows that my 72 Cutlass 442 really is.
Next you need to look at what you are wanting as far as performance. You can get something that performs well but is not as desirable a body style for the same price as a beater from say the classic mopar beat. Basically, do you value style over performance?
My last note is that you are getting rid of your car because of too many repairs but you need to know that classics are like women. You can smack them around only so much before they start to get b*tchy and you have to give them some TLC. Be prepared for this. The repairs are going to be less expensive for the most part and the parts definately cheaper but there is a tradeoff on the maintenance standpoint as compared to a new car. I'm not trying to discourage you, just prepare you.
54 Chevy Custom Deluxe 5 Window
71 Super Beetle
Working on getting the 71 GTX 440
72Cutlass442 is offline   Reply With Quote