Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
'89Camry
CF Newbie

HELP: AHHHHHH (Long Post)

Hey Guys,

While I'm not a car-guy, anyone with half a brain should not be in the situation I'm currently in.

I've left my '89 Camry on jack stands for 2-3 months now. With school being finished I decided today that I was going to put in a weeks of hard work, and fix it up to the point that it could be sold.

Unfortunatly, I've come across this horrible problem that may send the Camry right to the junker.

Take a look.

You can see the jacks underthere from the rearview, and how the wheels are now unbalanced. I first noticed it when looking at the sideview. From the side view you can see the 'A' gap leaves the brake and drum and all that waaaaay too close to the ground. I don't think I've got a prayer of getting it jacked high enough to slap a tire on.

I think I'm screwed!

What is your advice as to what I should do with this vehicle? It is an 1989 Camry. It does have significant (But hadly brutal) amounts of rust on it. Also, it has a slight Oil leak in the front, which a former mechanic and family friend guessed was a cracked transmission seal.

Now consider,

I had planned to sell it to a buddy of mine for $500CDN, but even then it's probably worth a little more on the open market. There were a couple problems, but nothing I'd consider overwhelming until my discovery of this.

(Try not to laugh too hard. I reliaze that I'm an idiot without hearing it from everyone. ahahaha.)

EDIT: You guys said the pictures aren't working. Check the attachments or they should be on my photobucket 'dopewiththepope' saved as Low.jpg and RearView.jpg.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...hePope/Low.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/RearView.jpg

Hope that helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Low.jpg (58.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg RearView.JPG (64.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by '89Camry : 06-23-2006 at 03:15 AM.
'89Camry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:46 AM   #2
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Umm, is it just me or do the links not work?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 AM   #3
Wally
I Know More Than You

I guess by the tone of the thread you think the frame has twisted, or are you concerned that the shocks havent rebounded?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 AM   #4
'89Camry
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I guess by the tone of the thread you think the frame has twisted, or are you concerned that the shocks havent rebounded?

The links should be fixed.

I hope they are, 'cause I don't know sh*t all about this!
'89Camry is offline   Reply With Quote