Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
NEEDR34CONVERS
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Where can i get a R34 skyline conversion kit for my 98 prelude?

Where can i get a R34 skyline conversion kit for my 1998 honda prelude?, i would like to replicate the 2f2f skyline ,I already have the right hand drive conversion done,and have a twin turbo charged skyline motor ready for drop and have sourced out where to get the correct parts(interior,body kit,rims,wing,exhaust etc.), so i need the front end and rear end R34 skyline conversion kit ,does anyone know what company(s) makes this kit? i have looked around and see tons of conversion but cant find squat,(the reason i pick the (97-99) prelude is because it is the only car that has the most identical body i have seen next 2 a skyline,( I have seen both side by side and the body and rooflines are almost identical), the reason i didnt go with an actual skyline is becuz id rather not bother and wait huge amounts of time to get one shipped here and the cost of a 1999 skyline alone is more then i was willing to spend on the base of this project, i do not need critisizm on this project, so if u have nothing nice 2 say then dont say it ,any input on where i can get a R34 conversion kti would be great-Jayceon
NEEDR34CONVERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast
 
DRFT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 97
1. how the hell are you going to shoe horn a RB engine into a prelude
2. The prelude looks nothing like a skyline at all, were i come from we have many of both of them and trust me they are not even close to looking the same, that would probably be the reason why there is no conversion kit,
3. don't be a soft cock and buy a real skyline, I can have my R33 GTR on a boat from australia for you on monday if you like all it will cost you is $50000, which trust me is not that much, then yo can pay all the tax's and shipping.
4.i know you said no critism but come on, little honda sports cars will never even remotely look like a skyline, it will just look pathetic
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDR34CONVERS
Where can i get a R34 skyline conversion kit for my 1998 honda prelude?, i would like to replicate the 2f2f skyline ,I already have the right hand drive conversion done,and have a twin turbo charged skyline motor ready for drop and have sourced out where to get the correct parts(interior,body kit,rims,wing,exhaust etc.), so i need the front end and rear end R34 skyline conversion kit ,does anyone know what company(s) makes this kit? i have looked around and see tons of conversion but cant find squat,(the reason i pick the (97-99) prelude is because it is the only car that has the most identical body i have seen next 2 a skyline,( I have seen both side by side and the body and rooflines are almost identical), the reason i didnt go with an actual skyline is becuz id rather not bother and wait huge amounts of time to get one shipped here and the cost of a 1999 skyline alone is more then i was willing to spend on the base of this project, i do not need critisizm on this project, so if u have nothing nice 2 say then dont say it ,any input on where i can get a R34 conversion kti would be great-Jayceon
I know you didn't want critisism, but you're gonna get it I'm afraid, lol. Infact, constructive critisism is quite good to receive, as you'll make yourself look like an idiot if ya dont listen to it....

I'll move this to the correct place for you, too!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
That's a custom job. No one has motor mounts or anything to help you convert your FWD Prelude into a RWD one. Unless you plan to drop it in the wrong way in which case I doubt it would even fit. Why not stick with Honda and try and swap an F22C from the S2000. I've seen it done on a 5th gen Civic (and it cost over $15000 to do it). Better yet since you already have an RB26 laying around, sell your Prelude, buy a 240SX, and then do the swap. Not only will it be easier, it'll be cheaper and still somewhat unique seeing as how the swap of choice for the 240SX is the SR20. Oh, and the 240SX is more Skyline than the Prelude will ever be.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast
 
DRFT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 97
i just think you need to do some serious thinking about this an think what is realistic, RB26 Will never be able to go in a prelude unless you have about $200000, they are just totally different cars
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:37 AM   #6
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT-R
i just think you need to do some serious thinking about this an think what is realistic, RB26 Will never be able to go in a prelude unless you have about $200000, they are just totally different cars

I've seen alot of different engines in a lot of different cars (RWD LS1 in a Ford Probe, anyone? RWD 2JZ in a first gen Probe? LS1 in countless RX-7s?) Trust me, it can be done realistically with know-how, time, and equipment.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I've seen alot of different engines in a lot of different cars (RWD LS1 in a Ford Probe, anyone? RWD 2JZ in a first gen Probe? LS1 in countless RX-7s?) Trust me, it can be done realistically with know-how, time, and equipment.

like you say, alot of money and lots of spare time
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 AM   #8
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast
 
DRFT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 97
well if you can do it i would love to see it
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 AM   #9
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 186
if he wants to do it let him do it, im always for the unrealistic, if you can find a way to do something then why not, even if he is wasting all his time and money lol
dsmracersv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:35 AM   #10
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast
 
DRFT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 97
i am just tring to work out how it is going to look anything like the the GT-R from 2f2f
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:21 AM   #11
pocko5000
CF Newbie
 
pocko5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 98
id like to see pics of it when/if you start and end it
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
shad0w
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waconia, Minnesota
Posts: 22
you know it would be cheaper just to buy an r34 right
shad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
I havent been able to find anything really for one of those, but I have found:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=85681

Or

For a 240SX
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/172989
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT-R
i just think you need to do some serious thinking about this an think what is realistic, RB26 Will never be able to go in a prelude unless you have about $200000, they are just totally different cars

So? I've seen Chevy V8s into Hondas, done on a shoestring. I've seen Ford V8s put into Miatas for under 2 grand. I put a Ford V8 in my RX7 for less than a grand and about a week of time, with no kit. I've seen FWD cars converted to RWD using front engines (like the V8 Ford Focus and Cavaliers) or with a mid engine (like the Shogun Festiva or the mid engine Integra posted elswhere). iv'e seen them done for very little money.

It takes SKILL and determination, but not necessarily a lot of money.

As for the Prelude not looking like a Skyline, he's talking about the long nose, short deck, and the basic roofline and rear quarter window. The first pic I've attached shows a side by side comparison of the rooflines. They are VERY similar (the Skyline has a more forward angled B pillar, but the basic outline of the side window graphic is just about identical). The second pic is a quick and dirty PS of the R34 nose and tail on the Prelude. And, I'm sorry to say, the styles do fit.

Now, as to there being a KIT for it, no way. This woudl be COMPLETELY custom fabricated. If *I* were to do it, I'd use Skyline styling cues (like the flares, taillights, and a similarly agressive, but unique nose) and call it a unique custom, rather than a Skyline clone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prel_sky.jpg (81.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg honda-prelude2.jpg (44.1 KB, 48 views)
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:35 AM   #15
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
looking at it that way, it looks like it can work, they do look very similar in fact, good luck if you take it through!!!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.