Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #46
99integra
CF's Florida boy

I would LOVE to start on a V8 build on my truck, but no one will support me because they say I should drive it how it is, buuut it can't get out of its own way half the time, and its killin my gas mileage because of how I have to floor it everytime I am at a stop light to keep up with the traffic. Be better off getting atleast 18mpg with a 5.0 and diff. gears. But I suppose they're right, kinda young, but one day I plan on doing a swap of my own. Hell I live right next to a Lestors auto salvage.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #47
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I would suggest not doing a major project like that to your only car/daily driver. that's only asking for trouble.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #48
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I would suggest not doing a major project like that to your only car/daily driver. that's only asking for trouble.
I got couple months till I can drive alone, I don't want to do anything to my Cavalier because it doesn't tickle my fancy and I'm havin a junker come pick it up.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #49
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I would LOVE to start on a V8 build on my truck, but no one will support me because they say I should drive it how it is, buuut it can't get out of its own way half the time, and its killin my gas mileage because of how I have to floor it everytime I am at a stop light to keep up with the traffic. Be better off getting atleast 18mpg with a 5.0 and diff. gears. But I suppose they're right, kinda young, but one day I plan on doing a swap of my own. Hell I live right next to a Lestors auto salvage.

are you talking about the ranger? what year is it? my brother had a 94, with a v6 in it, it was pretty quick, it kept up just fine and got better mileage than that
dsmracersv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #50
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmracersv98
are you talking about the ranger? what year is it? my brother had a 94, with a v6 in it, it was pretty quick, it kept up just fine and got better mileage than that
I have a 93 with the 2.3 liter, it gets (currently) 20-22 city and 25-26 highway.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #51
newyorker
MXman

Why would you?...you talking about the front or rear kit?
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #52
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Why would you?...you talking about the front or rear kit?

Did you read any of the posts so far?

The OP said: "so i need the front end and rear end R34 skyline conversion kit"

That answers your second question. And the entire rest of the discussion answered your first question, though again, the OP answered that, too: "the reason i didnt go with an actual skyline is becuz id rather not bother and wait huge amounts of time to get one shipped here and the cost of a 1999 skyline alone is more then i was willing to spend on the base of this project."

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #53
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast

look you guys are willing to do that go for it, something to consider, is were i come frm care parts cost about3 to4 times more then were you are so when we pay the cash we don't want **** ups, so we stick to the known generally, it is achievable but i still refuse to admit these rides are achievable to ceate by your average car enthusiaist, not because of money but because of know how, of cause there are always the exception to the rules but generally NO
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #54
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT-R
look you guys are willing to do that go for it, something to consider, is were i come frm care parts cost about3 to4 times more then were you are so when we pay the cash we don't want **** ups, so we stick to the known generally, it is achievable but i still refuse to admit these rides are achievable to ceate by your average car enthusiaist, not because of money but because of know how, of cause there are always the exception to the rules but generally NO

Then you need to hang around with hot rodders in your area, not ricers. the know how is there, as much Down Under as it is here.

And, you "refuse to admit" these rides are achievable by your average car enthusiast? ALL the ones I've posted have been by AVERAGE car enthusaists in their garages, INCLUDING the LS1 powered Prelude I linked to (a 20 year old kid doing his first fabrication project!). Are you TRYING to prove that you can be the most closed minded individual on the boards? I mean, I post facts and you REFUSE to believe any of it? That's just RETARDED.

Grow up and LEARN something, for Christ's sake.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-30-2006, 05:28 AM   #55
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Then you need to hang around with hot rodders in your area, not ricers. the know how is there, as much Down Under as it is here.

And, you "refuse to admit" these rides are achievable by your average car enthusiast? ALL the ones I've posted have been by AVERAGE car enthusaists in their garages, INCLUDING the LS1 powered Prelude I linked to (a 20 year old kid doing his first fabrication project!). Are you TRYING to prove that you can be the most closed minded individual on the boards? I mean, I post facts and you REFUSE to believe any of it? That's just RETARDED.

Grow up and LEARN something, for Christ's sake.

ChrisV You are a legend. Can I come be your apprentice next summer? I want to learn... Teach me!

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #56
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast

guess what is it achievable for most runners to go to the olympics and be a 100 metre sprinter, NO

Is it possible for for most car enthusiasts to do a total fabrication, NO not really

but there are always the except to the rules, what you have done is pointed out a few exceptions
thats all
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote