Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
05BlackWRX
CF Newbie

Wink The classic Evo vs STi talk: Which would you buy?

Whats up everyone?! I know these two beauties are brought up in every "too close to compare" topic but I am bringing it up anyway. Which would you take if given the choice...The Evo IX MR or 05 STi?
Personally I like them both very much but I have come to think of this choice like so...

Both cars are head turners but in different ways. The Evo screams cool and sleek. The STi reaks of rudeness, unrefinement, and just pure attitude. They drive the same way too. The Evo obeys orders and goes where you point it. The STi does this just as well, but gets stubborn and tends to understeer in those tight hairpins under full throttle. Evo is like a calculated martial arts master who used percision and speed to overcome its opponents. The STi is like a boxer or mad dog on a leash. Driving an STi is like taming this killer creature that wants to suck up small children and pets in its gaping hood scoop.

I guess I personally like the STi just a tad over the Evo so it would get my 30k. It's rude and untammed. It makes more refined cars want to puke and doesnt try to attenend the "auto black tie" affairs that the Evo does just to be nice.It's a raw machine and like the Evo, its looks aren't for everyone. I would be happy with either of these cars and respect their all out similar performance but so unique personalities.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:19 AM   #2
elchango36
WWJCD

Evo Mr Ftw
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #3
05BlackWRX
CF Newbie

I know I rambled on about style...I stick to my guns that the Evo MR is a better performer on the street and track. (This is coming from a guy who owns a wrx) For rallying, the STi is more planted and suited for elevation changes on trails and jumps. I know some will disagree with me but I have driven both of these cars on and off road. This is just my impression. They are really very close performance wise.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
lamboluver
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05BlackWRX
Whats up everyone?! I know these two beauties are brought up in every "too close to compare" topic but I am bringing it up anyway. Which would you take if given the choice...The Evo IX MR or 05 STi?
Personally I like them both very much but I have come to think of this choice like so...

Both cars are head turners but in different ways. The Evo screams cool and sleek. The STi reaks of rudeness, unrefinement, and just pure attitude. They drive the same way too. The Evo obeys orders and goes where you point it. The STi does this just as well, but gets stubborn and tends to understeer in those tight hairpins under full throttle. Evo is like a calculated martial arts master who used percision and speed to overcome its opponents. The STi is like a boxer or mad dog on a leash. Driving an STi is like taming this killer creature that wants to suck up small children and pets in its gaping hood scoop.

I guess I personally like the STi just a tad over the Evo so it would get my 30k. It's rude and untammed. It makes more refined cars want to puke and doesnt try to attenend the "auto black tie" affairs that the Evo does just to be nice.It's a raw machine and like the Evo, its looks aren't for everyone. I would be happy with either of these cars and respect their all out similar performance but so unique personalities.
um it really depends what you are lookin for ... be more specific .. they are 2 totally different cars
Old 08-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #5
05BlackWRX
CF Newbie

^Not True

...and it's a simple question. Which would you buy?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboluver
um it really depends what you are lookin for ... be more specific .. they are 2 totally different cars

what, huh? they are competitive with each other, theyre in the same class. they always have been... so saying theyre two different cars is not true... lets see, both awd turbo 4 cyl. sedans. exelent handling and performance, used for rally. so, whats the differences? ones an inline 4, ones a flat 4. one has diamons on the front end, one has stars, and they have different body lines
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:20 AM   #7
speeder
CF Enthusiast

evo for me.

"All units be advised, be on the look out for a black sports car, last seen going airbourne near the highway overpass. The SPEEDER is travelling at well over the speed limit, pursue with caution"
speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'd take the Evo myself, in my opinion it's more aggressive in both performance and styling. I must say though, that although this is one in a loooong line of similar threads, it's more advanced than most previous "which is better" threads

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
05BlackWRX
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'd take the Evo myself, in my opinion it's more aggressive in both performance and styling. I must say though, that although this is one in a loooong line of similar threads, it's more advanced than most previous "which is better" threads

Thanks for the props...I tried to keep it on an intelligent and open level. There is no right or wrong answer and that is why I love these cars. Both my friends have an STi and Evo and they are constantly wanting to swap eachothers car for the day just to experience it. To be honest...some days I like the Evo but most days I like the STi. They both have their strong points.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #10
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy

i find the newer subarus have more aggressive styling than the newer mitsubishis, yet i think the older mitsubishis have more aggresive styling than the older subarus, but i dont know what to say about performance, as i havnt driven one yet

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #11
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
what, huh? they are competitive with each other, theyre in the same class. they always have been... so saying theyre two different cars is not true... lets see, both awd turbo 4 cyl. sedans. exelent handling and performance, used for rally. so, whats the differences? ones an inline 4, ones a flat 4. one has diamons on the front end, one has stars, and they have different body lines

Wrongo. They are two different cars. Not the same, but very similar.

I'd take the Sti over the Evo. For some reason it just appeals to me more.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:43 AM   #12
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinoman80

i think thats what he was saying anyway, that was the image i got anyway!
the newer facelifted model of the scooby appeals to me the most, its grown on me, but i wouldnt say no to either!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #13
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
i think thats what he was saying anyway, that was the image i got anyway!
the newer facelifted model of the scooby appeals to me the most, its grown on me, but i wouldnt say no to either!

I agree that's what he meant. But it's not what he said. I was correcting his original statement so we dont have to assume.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #14
True_Brit
Has a new job!

okey dokey!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #15
05BlackWRX
CF Newbie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinoman80

You really didn't need to point that out. Lambolouver stated that they are two totally different cars. That is just not true. You are right that they are not the same but very similar but who needs to point that out? (Check my comment under Lamboluvers post.)

Last edited by 05BlackWRX : 08-25-2006 at 02:12 AM.
05BlackWRX is offline   Reply With Quote