Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #76
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Doesn't even look like the camaro its representing, but I like it.

I think that's the point. Like the new Mustang, it's a blend of a number of older forms, with distinctly modern and unique surfacing and styling cues. It's not a replica of any particular Camaro, unlike, say, the Challenger.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #77
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I think that's the point. Like the new Mustang, it's a blend of a number of older forms, with distinctly modern and unique surfacing and styling cues. It's not a replica of any particular Camaro, unlike, say, the Challenger.

I thought it was repping the 69 camaro.

I think the mustang definitely looks a lot like the old mustangs.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #78
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
I thought it was repping the 69 camaro.

I think the mustang definitely looks a lot like the old mustangs.

In both cases, not a particular year, simply an era. The Camaro has elements of the '67 and '69, as well as modern elements, like the scoop, lights, fender flares, proportions, etc. The Mustang has elements of the '65, '67, and '70, but completely modern surfacing and detailing. The Challenger is like an actual '70 Challenger that's been cleaned up/customized.

I like all of them, of course.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #79
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
In both cases, not a particular year, simply an era. The Camaro has elements of the '67 and '69, as well as modern elements, like the scoop, lights, fender flares, proportions, etc. The Mustang has elements of the '65, '67, and '70, but completely modern surfacing and detailing. The Challenger is like an actual '70 Challenger that's been cleaned up/customized.

Sounds about the same to me.

Also you say the new camaro has elements of both the 67 and 69. Not tryin to be a dick, im just askin a question. Would you point out a styling cue that is from the 67 and not the 69. I was always under the impression that about the only difference was the addition of side markers, addition of the body crease and slighty revised rear taillamps, but then again Ive never been a fan of the 69 maro.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #80
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Sounds about the same to me.

Also you say the new camaro has elements of both the 67 and 69. Not tryin to be a dick, im just askin a question. Would you point out a styling cue that is from the 67 and not the 69. I was always under the impression that about the only difference was the addition of side markers, addition of the body crease and slighty revised rear taillamps, but then again Ive never been a fan of the 69 maro.

The sides of the '67 do not have the sweeps off the tops of the wheelwells, and they have a decidedly pinched lower bodyline under the doors. The new camaro has those side details, unlike the '69. The grille, however, is aping the '69s that angles back at a different rake than the leading edge of the hood and had teh headlights inset.

'67:

'69:

See the difference?

Notice the pinched doors and the round fenderwells. That's '67-68. The grille is '69, as are the slits ahead of the rear wheel, and the taillights are unique to the concept ( but separated more like the '2nd gen started out with: )

www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 01-16-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #81
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:

I am using the same approach with the GTO that I am rendering in photoshop. A blend of the mid to late 60s goats (or GTO models)