Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #31
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

67 the 3rd gen lude is a bitch to build on. Very little aftermarket support....HOWEVER....don't buy springs yet because tein is supposed to be putting out a very limited production of some coilovers and springs. Tokico blues are crap I've heard and take off those black accents on the doors it looks much better
example:

Teggy as for white that is an awesome color on the prelude if seen in person. Also you can check out preludepower.com for full details on everything about our ludes. Hope I helped and good luck with the project. Oh and btw I don't need new paint it's just the hood.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #32
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

I just got the block, crank, pistons, rods, & head, back from the machine shop sunday. (along time, eh?) Well, Between about 25 trips here and there to grab parts and waiting on ordered parts (parts for this car are hard to get a hold of) I just got the motor finished up last night and put it in. I'm waiting until tomorrow to get the halfshafts, a new radiator, radiator hoses, distributor rotor, and a clutch slave because now is thanksgiving and everything is closed up. But, I'll order that stuff tomorrow and have this thing running as soon as it comes in.

I rebuilt the 5 speed tranny
New pistons & rings
One new rod
Ground crank
.020 Overbore & Honed
New water pump
New Timing belt
Head rebuilt & milled
Rotating assembley balanced

Various other things done such as new plugs/wires/cap/new hoses/ ect...

Still have'nt gotten a new digicam since my old one broke but I got some pics from my camera phone that I'll post soon.

Everything will be cleaned up very nicely once I get it running and I need to paint the valve cover and manifold heat shield.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #33
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383
I just got the block, crank, pistons, rods, & head, back from the machine shop sunday. (along time, eh?) Well, Between about 25 trips here and there to grab parts and waiting on ordered parts (parts for this car are hard to get a hold of) I just got the motor finished up last night and put it in. I'm waiting until tomorrow to get the halfshafts, a new radiator, radiator hoses, distributor rotor, and a clutch slave because now is thanksgiving and everything is closed up. But, I'll order that stuff tomorrow and have this thing running as soon as it comes in.

I rebuilt the 5 speed tranny
New pistons & rings
One new rod
Ground crank
.020 Overbore & Honed
New water pump
New Timing belt
Head rebuilt & milled
Rotating assembley balanced

Various other things done such as new plugs/wires/cap/new hoses/ ect...

Still have'nt gotten a new digicam since my old one broke but I got some pics from my camera phone that I'll post soon.

Everything will be cleaned up very nicely once I get it running and I need to paint the valve cover and manifold heat shield.

Bwah? I thought Doderida67 was gone for good?

Nice to see the Coronet project coming along...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #34
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

So I got the 'Lude on the road Monday before last. Been running strong and I've put over 1,000 miles on it so far. Good power, no leaks, no problems, good compression, good vacuum, smooth idle, smooth all throughout RPM range, minimum blow-by, ect. Strong healthy motor. Awesome to drive because it's light, rev-happy, and the all wheel steering is a dream. The 5 speed transmission is well known to be a very, very, I repeat, very smooth shifting transmission. Like slicing through bread. New clutch is great. I have a good sound system in now but I'm going to go ahead and get a set of four new 6.5" 4 ways and put a good amp to go with them. I'm going to get the windows professionally tinted with good quality tints. I'm going to install a new brake system from MC, Hoses, Pads, and Rotors. New springs, shocks, and bushings in the suspention, too. New tires and a set of white wheels. To finish it off I'm getting new fenders, hood, and trunk lid and I'm going to paint the car. It's a great car and fun to drive.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #35
iamjonscranium
CF Newbie

well, i used to have one, and it was a great car. they are one of the worst cars to work on, having such a cramped engine compartment. but being that you are taking the engine out, it might not be too bad. gl.
iamjonscranium is offline   Reply With Quote