Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #16
hrgirl07
CF Newbie

Malibu Nighmare!!

I am the not to proud owner of a 2002 Chevy Malibu. My lastest repair is the Passlock Sensor..........a whole whoppin $500 plus the cost of my rental car and tow bill. This lovely GM product has been the worst car I have ever owned!! I think by the time it is paid off in another year almost everything under the hood will have been replaced. I will NEVER again own a GM hunk of junk.......there is definately something to be said about owning a foreign car.....I guess you get what you pay for!!! The American car makers should be ASHAMED of the quality of product that is being built!! I am proud to be American but will never again be the owner of an American made vehicle.
hrgirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #17
Crave2rave420
CF Newbie

Theft system problems

I have a 2001 chevy malibu and I have had a couple of hard times trying to start it due to the theft system in the car. I have heard about turning the key in the acc for about 10 to 15 min. Recently the car's theft system went off again and so I put it in acc for 10 to 15 min to reset it. But this last time I did it the theft system light will not turn off. How do I turn off the theft system light?
Crave2rave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
ajmj2901
CF Newbie

Please file complaint

I have found thousands of complaints about the Passlock Anti Theft System defects. Please take 5 minutes to file a complaint to the NHTS about this matter. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
GM does not care about this problem. DO NOT give them anymore of your money. They will not recall this problem. With enough complaints to the NHTS the government will recall this product and make GM fix at their expense.
Thanks
ajmj2901 is offline   Reply With Quote