Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
Blingswinger
Banned

Facts

These are Facts.

1. Revo Stage 1 ECU for MKIV Factory Jetta 1.8t +20-50hp +67-75torque

This imformation is from Revo's sight. I have this ECU flash and it works. I've seen dyno runs showing 210 WHP on factory jetta 1.8t w/ revo stage 1 ecu.

2. In 2001 the 1.8t jetta had 150hp,in 2002 it was 180hp.

3. This is a Guy on the net with All you need to know.

<Link Removed>

The sole purpose of this guide is to go through in fair detail what it takes to get as much power out of a KO3/KO3S as possible in a reliable way. I’ve had experience with a 2001 GTI 1.8T of my own, and now with my girlfriend’s 2004.5 Jetta GLI 1.8T. We’ve recently dyno’d her car on a DynoJet and made 258whp and 322wtq, which to date, seems to be the highest dyno numbers anyone has ever achieved on the stock turbo. Therefore, I feel that going through the performance mod list would be very beneficial to anyone looking to crank some numbers instead of going straight to a bigger turbo.

GIAC X+ ... $500
4.3v Diode ... $2
Oil Catch Can ... $30
Cranked Wastegate ... FREE
(27psi Spikes, 15psi @ Redline)
GHL 3” Turboback ... $1000
Lemmiwinks Tuned ... FREE
Samco Turbo Inlet Hose ... FREE
ECS Magnetic Drain Bolt ... $10
NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs ... $12
Custom Hardline DV Return ... FREE
Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold ... $75
Custom Front Mount Intercooler ... $400
ESE Colormatched Cold Air Intake ... $250
Relocated Forge 007 Diverter Valve ... $125
Bosch 4-bar Fuel Pressure Regulator ... $55
ECS Lightweight Underdrive Pulleys ... $120
Enginerd Coilpack Hold-down Brackets ... $35
Boostvalve Dual Stage Boost Controller ... $120
Custom 3-way switch
*Low*High*Low in 1st ONLY*
Newsouth Performance Powergasket Plus ... $70
N249 and Secondary Air Injection Deleted ... $10
Boost Cooler Water/Methanol Injection ... $370

TOTAL: $3184 I'll guess close to $3500 total.

That's 258hp 322tq TO THE WHEELS for less than 3500 dollars.

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-04-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Blingswinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingswinger
These are Facts.

1. Revo Stage 1 ECU for MKIV Factory Jetta 1.8t +20-50hp +67-75torque

This imformation is from Revo's sight. I have this ECU flash and it works. I've seen dyno runs showing 210 WHP on factory jetta 1.8t w/ revo stage 1 ecu.

2. In 2001 the 1.8t jetta had 150hp,in 2002 it was 180hp.

3. This is a Guy on the net with All you need to know.

<Link Removed>
I removed the link you provided due to it being in breach of our advertising regulations here at CF. I couldn't help but notice that you didn't explain how your car handles....I'd be interested.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #18
Blingswinger
Banned

lol

Awd is a total waste of HP. my opinion
RWD is great till it rains or snows.

and they all have there upsides... but you would be an ass if you forgot to mention mid engine rwd's that are superior to all. the point of this thread was a kid asking if or what he can do to his jetta. Not can you make fun of FWD with your ignorance.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Awd is a total waste of HP. my opinion
RWD is great till it rains or snows.

and they all have there upsides... but you would be an ass if you forgot to mention mid engine rwd's that are superior to all. the point of this thread was a kid asking if or what he can do to his jetta. Not can you make fun of FWD with your ignorance.
I deleted your last post as it was inapropriate!

You mention that the comments made in this thread were ignorant, yet you say how AWD is "a total waste of HP". The truth is, you're bias towards FWD because you have modified one, therefore it's obviously the best thing sinse slices bread......

Have you ever actually driven anything other than FWD cars?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #20
Blingswinger
Banned

I'm done

You deleted my last post b/c it was full of fact and there's no place for that in this forum. The best you can do is delete what i say then try to attack me personally. What do you drive? And why do you feal the need to try to convince the world that FWD is bad?Last year 76% of all cars sold were fwd. Explain this to me. Or you can just go on deleting stuff i say that you don't like and pretend all that's important is getting the last word. It's obvious to me that this thread died because of bias censorship.(That means you find it easier to delete things than try to disprove them ) Here's an idea why don't you respond to this intelligently. Or you could just say i deleted your post. RWD RULES !!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 AM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You deleted my last post b/c it was full of fact and there's no place for that in this forum. The best you can do is delete what i say then try to attack me personally. What do you drive? And why do you feal the need to try to convince the world that FWD is bad?Last year 76% of all cars sold were fwd. Explain this to me. Or you can just go on deleting stuff i say that you don't like and pretend all that's important is getting the last word. It's obvious to me that this thread died because of bias censorship.(That means you find it easier to delete things than try to disprove them ) Here's an idea why don't you respond to this intelligently. Or you could just say i deleted your post. RWD RULES !!!!!!!
I am not attacking you personally, and I think you know that. You are just pissed off that I deleted two links from you, and that was beacuse of the reasoning I gave you earlier. You might also like to delve back in to this thread and find my last post before today, and then tell me again that this thread died because I like to delete posts and am bias towards AWD cars. (Hint: there isn't one.....)

I also didn't say that FWD was bad. ANYWHERE. The reason most cars that were sold last year were FWD is that most cars that go into production are FWD....Stands to reason really, doesn't it? Most everyday cars are now FWD, at least they are where I'm from in the UK. You think I was being bias? . For the record I drive a Citroen Xsara, not through choice, but because it was cheap and is ecconomical. I also couldn't care less what wheels are driven on it. It's FWD obviously, so no, I'm not all against them.

You still haven't answered my question about what cars you have driven, and what makes you so close minded and ignorant. I also have yet to find the post that explains how much of this thread you've actually read. It seems to me that it is infact YOU, who's avoiding the intelligent conversation in this thread, not me.

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-05-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added a hint to help this 'member' out a little.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #22
Blingswinger
Banned

Lmao

You go with your 9,000+ posts on cars LMAO i think your car pulls like .27g on the skidpad. I think my point is well proven. You just lost an arguement B/c you didn't delete what i said.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #23
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You go with your 9,000+ posts on cars LMAO i think your car pulls like .27g on the skidpad. I think my point is well proven. You just lost an arguement B/c you didn't delete what i said.
Spoken like a true knobhead. I fail to see the truth in the above post, or your point, but then I think maybe that's the case for you, too!