Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
musclemann88
CF Newbie

2007 Lotus Elise VS 2007 Corvette C6

I am looking into buying one of these two cars...I would like to ask anyone out there to give their opinions on these two cars and which of them you'd rather buy, and why...thanks so much!!!
musclemann88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

www.caranddriver.com
www.roadandtrack.com
www.topgear.com
www.youtube.com/search topgear lol

yeah

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Test drive both cars, then make a pick on which seems more practical/suitable for your needs. I would go for the Corvette, but it would be a tough choice. When you drive a car like the Elise, then something bigger and heavier, you can feel the difference and the latter feels significantly more clumsy.

Also, you should keep your options open...There are many other cars you could get, for almost the same price, you could get a new M3 .
Old 03-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Test drive the Vette, wait a week and test drive the Lotus. Wait another week and make your choice. Both are stellar vehicles.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 AM   #5
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

there shouldnt even be a question here about which to get here IT SHOULD BE THE VETT!!!!! Vetts>all
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #6
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

The elise isn't practical, so I'd buy the corvette. Besides, the vette is quicker above 50mph, and quicker around a track.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 AM   #7
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
The elise isn't practical, so I'd buy the corvette. Besides, the vette is quicker above 50mph, and quicker around a track.

yeah, corvette for exact reasons stated above lol

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
Old 03-20-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

From someone who has driven both vehicles

The elise...

I have never driven a more fun car or a more road connected car. It is exhilirating. It is not nearly as fast as the vette (how many cars are) but it is a thrill.

The feel you get and response. You can almost turn your body into the turns like a motorcycle.

It's a huge pain in the ass to get into, but once you're in, it's pretty comfy. Crappy stereo. Most cars come w/ the comfort package which gives power windows and insulation.

The engine is so loud that you can't hear crap Preference of mine.

The 'Vette...

Damn. This thing rumbled and growled.

Was it fast? Yes. How fast? REALLY FAST!! In just about every gear.

I loved taking it up just to hear it ROAR.

I didn't really try the turns that much cause there were cyclists,
But this beast pulled...insanely.

Engine could have used a bit more "speech".

Road connectedness? Not really. Was kind of like being in a family sedan. You sit high off the ground. The car has much much larger dimensions. Not quite as agile.

From what I remember, the Elise was the best driving experience of my life.

I love both cars. I would gladly drive either and each has its own personality.

But what it really comes down to is which personality suits you.

I hope I helped somehow.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew0261
there shouldnt even be a question here about which to get here IT SHOULD BE THE VETT!!!!! Vetts>all
...no, they don't. Sorry son.

The Lotus is a far better car. Handling wise, technologically, in balance and power output for what its under the hood.

Lotus > (redneck) Corvette.
Plain and simple.

OH...heres a good 'Vette video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...5501706603.htm

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #10
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
The Lotus is a far better car(than the C6)....technologically...power output...

Please explain how the Lotus is "far better" than the C6.

What "technological" advantage does the Elise have over the C6? Power output? Oh no...not this hp-per-liter bullsh*t.

It's funny how you post a video of a recalled part on the Vette....don't get me f*cking started on all the MAJOR sh*t that goes wrong in a LOTUS...be it an Elise, Elan, Espirit, Exige.

The C6 is much more reliable than the Elise...according to consumers.

And for you to group a car with a "type" of people shows how f*ckin' stupid and useless your opinions are....Mr. "I bought a f*ckin' broken 1990 BEATER DSM...no, not that one...the one without AWD." Why buy old FWD? Dude, get your car in AWD for similar money and you'd have a beater classic.

SlipKnot is stupid and doesn't know what a 400 hp engine feels like...nor does he know what a Lotus Elise feels like. SlipKnot<useless.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
Car hippie
CF Newbie

Most of the reliability issues w/ lotus are all minor cosmetic things, like pieces of insulation coming off and such, shitty 22lb A/C not working. Never seen a serious issue.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other...

Oh btw, I'm bronxie. Lost the pass for Bronxie. Too lazy to find it.

Last edited by Car hippie : 03-20-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Car hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car hippie
Most of the reliability issues w/ lotus are all minor cosmetic things, like pieces of insulation coming off and such, shitty 22lb A/C not working. Never seen a serious issue.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other...

Oh btw, I'm bronxie. Lost the pass for Bronxie. Too lazy to find it.
The main reliability issue with the Elise has been sorted out, and was the engine the used to use. You guys in the States have always had them with the Toyota engine in them. Until 2005 we made do with the Rover K-series engine that dates back to the early 90's. These engines were powerful for what they were/are, but had problems with headgasket and waterpump failure.....excessively so (like every 20,000-miles). The engine is still used in other Rover branded cars (or ex-Rover, lol) such as the Land Rover Freelander and I believe Lotus still use them in the Caterham7, along side the 1400cc version of the same engine (I think Lotus wanted the 7 to be somewhat insurable to younger people.....).

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #13
Car hippie
CF Newbie

Yeah, you noobs get like 120hp Loti
Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Please explain how the Lotus is "far better" than the C6.

What "technological" advantage does the Elise have over the C6? Power output? Oh no...not this hp-per-liter bullsh*t.

It's funny how you post a video of a recalled part on the Vette....don't get me f*cking started on all the MAJOR sh*t that goes wrong in a LOTUS...be it an Elise, Elan, Espirit, Exige.

The C6 is much more reliable than the Elise...according to consumers.

And for you to group a car with a "type" of people shows how f*ckin' stupid and useless your opinions are....Mr. "I bought a f*ckin' broken 1990 BEATER DSM...no, not that one...the one without AWD." Why buy old FWD? Dude, get your car in AWD for similar money and you'd have a beater classic.

SlipKnot is stupid and doesn't know what a 400 hp engine feels like...nor does he know what a Lotus Elise feels like. SlipKnot<useless.

Oh, I'm sorry. You're still in favor of using the DINOSAUR of a 6-7.0L pushrod V8. Come on, everyone knows Chevrolet is so far behind in their technology compared to everyone else that its not even funny. 505hp from a 7.0L? Pshhhh, Ferraris make that with FAR smaller, FAR superior engines, PLUS more power.

As for the Lotus, 1.8L DOHC making around 180hp in such a lighweight car...thats where your money should be.

Oh, and just so you know; before your dumbass starts taking strikes at my automotive background, consult me on the cars my family owns first. Thanks douche bag.

Last edited by SlipKnoT : 03-21-2007 at 09:13 AM.
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Oh, I'm sorry. You're still in favor of using the DINOSAUR of a 6-7.0L pushrod V8. Come on, everyone knows Chevrolet is so far behind in their technology compared to everyone else that its not even funny. 505hp from a 7.0L? Pshhhh, Ferraris make that with FAR smaller, FAR superior engines, PLUS more power.

As for the Lotus, 1.8L DOHC making around 180hp in such a lighweight car...thats where your money should be.

Oh, and just so you know; before your dumbass starts taking strikes at my automotive background, consult me on the cars my family owns first. Thanks douche bag.

I really never thought you were one of these people

name a ferrari with 470 lb of torque and 195 mph for 75.000