Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
andy1020
CF Newbie

ford galaxy, seat alhambra, vw sharan

hi folks,

thinking about buying a one of the above in the UK.

I'm looking for a 2000 on diesel. I know they're all about the same- same body and engine, made in same factory. I know the seat and ford are generally cheaper so might go for one of them.

Question is- does anyone know if they have the same suspension and running gear. Do Ford put their own suspension on it or are they all the same?
(I don't like Ford suspension very much... it doesn't seem to wear well and I want this car to last us.)

Any advice welcome.
Ta,
Andy.
andy1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!

i think they all tweak it a little to thier standards, but id say the VW was the most comfortable out of the 3! very spacious though, you must have a big family?
my friend had the galaxy and sharan (both at the same time, didnt know which to get! he owns an airport shuttle tranfer company) but he got more compliments from the VW than the ford!
thats all i can say, hope thatll help a little, but there is one more english person here, Cliffy, he might add a little more???

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Although they're all fundamentally the same cars, as T_B said, each manufacturer has added their own mark on their models so to speak. As far as I know they all have matching suspention componants too, however, that doeasn't necessarily mean that they all use Ford's, lol. Infact as the Ford uses the VW group diesel engine, as does the SEAT, all three might actually be more VW than they are Ford. I personally would go for the Sharan as I love the blue backlit dash lights...

That is really all that sets the models apart to be honest. It all comes down to badge predjudice really, and another snall tip...The VW will always hold its value better, which is good for selling one, but not so good for buying one. Bear in mind that any of the vehicles you chose would have taken the most depreciation that they'll ever really have, on leaving the showroom.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote