Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
pocko5000
CF Newbie

"Skyline" spotted

well guys just wanted to share this.... it was a warm evening, and me and my friend were stopping to get ice cream on the way home from getting some things, and as we pulled in he says "No way it can't be a skyline!" So as we were leaving, I drove by it and on the back it had the R 33 Badge, skyline taillights, and Skyline painted on the back. I drove around the front of it to get a better look, and saw the head lights. I was dumbfounded for a good 2-3 minutes trying to figure out what it really was. there were only teenagers there, not one older than 19, and no way they could afford a real one. So after looking at it i realized, it was a 99 Prelude. mocked up to look like a skyline. right beside it was a civic painted and had the lexus symbols of a
is300. Now what do you tell people you drive, a prelude painted like a skyline, or a skyline? I just thought it was interesting.....
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Limited Edition Honda Skyline. Based on a Skyline, but other than a few minor visual changes, everything's been upgraded with parts from the Prelude. You should've asked them what it was lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

ummm double post go down 1
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
well guys just wanted to share this.... it was a warm evening, and me and my friend were stopping to get ice cream on the way home from getting some things, and as we pulled in he says "No way it can't be a skyline!" So as we were leaving, I drove by it and on the back it had the R 33 Badge, skyline taillights, and Skyline painted on the back. I drove around the front of it to get a better look, and saw the head lights. I was dumbfounded for a good 2-3 minutes trying to figure out what it really was. there were only teenagers there, not one older than 19, and no way they could afford a real one. So after looking at it i realized, it was a 99 Prelude. mocked up to look like a skyline. right beside it was a civic painted and had the lexus symbols of a
is300. Now what do you tell people you drive, a prelude painted like a skyline, or a skyline? I just thought it was interesting.....
haha that funny i would never want my car to be look like something it not
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

There's a guy who owns a BMW 318i in the automall where I work, though he works for Kia. He put some big ass chrome wheels on it, removed the "318i" badge and replaced it with an "///M3" badge. For a while it still had the piddly 318 single exhaust, but he eventually replaced that with a dual chrome exhaust. Its still obviously a 318i, it has no M3 body kit, nor M3 sound (or performance for that matter), I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. And no one in their right mind would stick large bling bling wheels on an M3 (these are like chrysler 300 style bling bling wheels). I just laugh whenever I pass. I'll have to take a picture one day.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
hkyplayer92
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
There's a guy who owns a BMW 318i in the automall where I work, though he works for Kia. He put some big ass chrome wheels on it, removed the "318i" badge and replaced it with an "///M3" badge. For a while it still had the piddly 318 single exhaust, but he eventually replaced that with a dual chrome exhaust. Its still obviously a 318i, it has no M3 body kit, nor M3 sound (or performance for that matter), I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. And no one in their right mind would stick large bling bling wheels on an M3 (these are like chrysler 300 style bling bling wheels). I just laugh whenever I pass. I'll have to take a picture one day.
HAHA thats 2 funny... same with the "aka" skyline.. wow some people.. i guess they think it looks "cool" they just dont have enough money to afford the real thing..
Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplayer92
HAHA thats 2 funny... same with the "aka" skyline.. wow some people.. i guess they think it looks "cool" they just dont have enough money to afford the real thing..
Neither do most of us, but the money put into the visual upgrades could have been used to get the car a bit closer to M3 performance status.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Neither do most of us, but the money put into the visual upgrades could have been used to get the car a bit closer to M3 performance status.
You have to keep in mind to some people, visual appearance is far more important than 0-60 22 seconds. Case in point...
BLING BLING Y0!!!
The $$ spent on those "RiMZ" and paint could have gone towards some slicks and performance mods (stronger axles maybe?). I'll never understand "donks".

(Sorry to hijack thread, but the comment about performance vs. visual appearance reminded me of that clip.)
Old 04-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
You have to keep in mind to some people, visual appearance is far more important than 0-60 22 seconds. Case in point...
BLING BLING Y0!!!
The $$ spent on those "RiMZ" and paint could have gone towards some slicks and performance mods (stronger axles maybe?). I'll never understand "donks".

(Sorry to hijack thread, but the comment about performance vs. visual appearance reminded me of that clip.)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #10
pocko5000
CF Newbie

to legally drive the car on the road every day, do they have to switch the steering wheel from the right to the left side on a real skyline?
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 AM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
to legally drive the car on the road every day, do they have to switch the steering wheel from the right to the left side on a real skyline?
Right hand drive is legal in Canada and the U.S. To convert to left hand drive costs between $10,000 and $15,000.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #12
tony-wwsmag
CF Newbie

i would have like to seen what the guy who owned the prelude would of said if you would of asked him if it was a skyline