Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Just read a road test artical in a car mag about the revised Porche Cayenne Turbo, and it was shocking to say the least, I guess it'll never see any Off-Road conditions really, apart from maybe a gravel driveway, and the £74,659 price tag must mean this is something special! 0-60 takes 5.1-secs and the top speed is 171mph apparently! Following are some pics of it.

Pics

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I don't see the point of an SUV that can do 170 and gets 12/20mpg...And why a soccer mom would need 500 horsepower lol.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:25 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I don't see the point of an SUV that can do 170 and gets 12/20mpg...And why a soccer mom would need 500 horsepower lol.
It's an image thing I believe.....they don't want their kids to see the world when they grow up, lol. I actually don't think any manufaturer builds a vehicle for the purpose of going off road anymore....apart from maybe the likes of the Land Rover Defender and possibly the Mercedes G-wagon?......I guess that's why even we in the UK call them SUV's now....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It's an image thing I believe.....they don't want their kids to see the world when they grow up, lol. I actually don't think any manufacturer builds a vehicle for the purpose of going off road anymore....apart from maybe the likes of the Land Rover Defender and possibly the Mercedes G-wagon?......I guess that's why even we in the UK call them SUV's now....
Some Jeeps are capable too, but not many people use them for that. Nobody wants to climb a mountain with their car (anymore) lol.

Another thing that pisses me off is cross-overs. Is it a car or an SUV? lol

EDIT: Subaru also makes some pretty practical off-road vehicles.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
What
Banned

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 performs slightly better than this thing for $40k and the 2006 Hennessey SRT600 Jeep SRT8 kills every SUV for $68,700.

But the Hennessey is a modified car and well...some would say "not fair". But real life tells me "fair". The mindframe of the enthusiast-forum member...

Motor Trend got the 600hp Hennessey Grand Cherokee to 60mph in 3.4 seconds.

What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 performs slightly better than this thing for $40k and the 2006 Hennessey SRT600 Jeep SRT8 kills every SUV for $68,700.

But the Hennessey is a modified car and well...some would say "not fair". But real life tells me "fair". The mindframe of the enthusiast-forum member...

Motor Trend got the 600hp Hennessey Grand Cherokee to 60mph in 3.4 seconds.

that big deep bumper and the side skirts turns that into a soft roader, it doesnt have enough ground clearance!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote