Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

Question Infiniti G35

I have an Infiniti G35 and I was wondering what everyone thought about it as a car and what you think would look good on my car. And this might not be a good thing but, I also want to know some things I can do to my car to make it faster.
F.Y.I. my car looks exactly like it would when you buy it off the dealership lot. The avatar I have looks almost exactly like mine...only difference is that mine is white.

Last edited by struTTinTelloS : 08-06-2007 at 08:15 PM.
struTTinTelloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by struTTinTelloS
I have an Infiniti G35 and I was wondering what everyone thought about it as a car and what you think would look good on my car. And this might not be a good thing but, I also want to know some things I can do to my car to make it faster.
F.Y.I. my car looks exactly like it would when you buy it off the dealership lot. The avatar I have looks almost exactly like mine...only difference is that mine is white.
Id lower it, lip kit, nice big wheels 19x9 rear 18x8 front, with a deep dish, and tint. for performance, get an exhaust for it, as well as an intake. Fujita air intakes are a great start.

www.f5air.com
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Id lower it, lip kit, nice big wheels 19x9 rear 18x8 front, with a deep dish, and tint. for performance, get an exhaust for it, as well as an intake. Fujita air intakes are a great start.

www.f5air.com

Alright thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Well here's my thoughts, if you want better looks and performance, you need to be careful. If you're adding on weight with giant dished rims, and whatever else for looks, then there isn't going to be a real good reason to dump money into performance.

So here's what I'd say for looks:
-Slight drop, maybe get a nice set of adjustable coilovers, allows you to change the ride height easier.
-Bigger rims, but not dished, and lightweight.
-Tint the shit out of it. 3% metallicized black if you can find it, looks dark as hell, and the colour won't fade, usually warrantied for life.

Performance, as newyorker said, exhaust and intake is definitely a good start. As it's a new car, I'd be leery about doing anything too major, as you might be looking at voiding your warranty.

If you want to see a large selection of parts, and what I find to often be one of the lowest costing places on the net, check out sportcompactonly
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Do not go coilovers. A big misconception is you can just change ride height whenever you want. Alot of people dont know that every time you adjust your ride height evn just slightly, you need an Alignment. I say just get a good set of drop springs and matched (thats the key) and then install it get it alignment and leave it alone.

ALso tint and nice wheels. I say go 18s.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Do not go coilovers. A big misconception is you can just change ride height whenever you want. Alot of people dont know that every time you adjust your ride height evn just slightly, you need an Alignment. I say just get a good set of drop springs and matched (thats the key) and then install it get it alignment and leave it alone.

ALso tint and nice wheels. I say go 18s.
Yea. Coilovers to get a good ride, you have to buy very expensive ones and tweak the ride height and damping (if available) and its still too expensive. I prefer my shocks and springs that work very well

Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

Alright anything else i should look at??

Oh and i got my windows tinted on tuesday...20%...It looks good.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

Oh and doger I looked for 3% and I couldnt find it. And since I wanted it done this week I went ahead and got 20% but if I find it and like it I might change it out.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Oh and doger I looked for 3% and I couldnt find it. And since I wanted it done this week I went ahead and got 20% but if I find it and like it I might change it out.
3% is just asking for trouble man

5% is whats used on limousines 3% youll have a very hard time even seeing out

Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

Quote:
3% is just asking for trouble man

5% is whats used on limousines 3% youll have a very hard time even seeing out

Yeah my dad has 5% on his porshe (looks good!) and ive gotten accustomed to that. So do you think that it would be hard to adjust to 3%??
Well, do you think I should get my windows darker than 20% or just keep 'em like that for a lil bit??
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #11
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

The difference between 3 and 5 is so minimal. I have 3% on all 3 back windows, and I have a lot of friends with 5...I can't really tell, except for the fact that it just looks a little darker from the outside. Looking through it from the inside...no change. Even at night it's still pretty easy to see through.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Yeah my dad has 5% on his porshe (looks good!) and ive gotten accustomed to that. So do you think that it would be hard to adjust to 3%??
Well, do you think I should get my windows darker than 20% or just keep 'em like that for a lil bit??

The difference between 5% and 3% is minimal and you will not have any trouble adjusting to 3% after adjusting to 5%. However, since you already have 20%, I would just keep it for now. Get used to driving in it at night and see how you like it. It'll also give you a chance to see how big of assholes cops are in your area. After all, 3% is as close to putting in black trash-bags instead of windows as it gets.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
The difference between 5% and 3% is minimal and you will not have any trouble adjusting to 3% after adjusting to 5%. However, since you already have 20%, I would just keep it for now. Get used to driving in it at night and see how you like it. It'll also give you a chance to see how big of assholes cops are in your area. After all, 3% is as close to putting in black trash-bags instead of windows as it gets.

Heh...I went from clear to 3%, and it wasn't bad at all. And thankfully the laws around here say you can go as dark as you want on the back three....I could paint them black if I wanted to...Never had a problem with cops, and I've gone through probably 4 stopchecks, and pulled over twice with it, and they didn't say anything.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Id stick with the 20%. Ive had it on both of my cars and I love it. Good shade, dark enough at night, dark enough in the day, and doesnt look too ghetto.

BTW what film do you have? I have Llumar, did the shop tell you what they used??

Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #15
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Id stick with the 20%. Ive had it on both of my cars and I love it. Good shade, dark enough at night, dark enough in the day, and doesnt look too ghetto.

BTW what film do you have? I have Llumar, did the shop tell you what they used??

I knew...but I forgot..I can call and ask them on monday when they're open again.