Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

How does this sound?

An interesting idea just dawned on me. We all, including the mods, claim that we need more mods. However, it's quite obvious that the admin is gone so we can't make anymore mods. So, how about this:

1) The two most active mods make a new account for their personal use.
2) They give out the e-mail and password to their current account to 2-3 well respected, intelligent members.

This way, if a mod is busy or not here, someone can log in through him and delete or whatever is necessary. Seems like an ok idea to me...did I miss anything?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
An interesting idea just dawned on me. We all, including the mods, claim that we need more mods. However, it's quite obvious that the admin is gone so we can't make anymore mods. So, how about this:

1) The two most active mods make a new account for their personal use.
2) They give out the e-mail and password to their current account to 2-3 well respected, intelligent members.

This way, if a mod is busy or not here, someone can log in through him and delete or whatever is necessary. Seems like an ok idea to me...did I miss anything?
If I'm hearing you correctly, it sounds like a good idea on the surface...Only trouble is, if any of us Mods was to create a new account, it would only be a standard user account (obviously when you think about it I guess, lol), and not a Mod one. Only once a standard member account has been created, can an Admin 'promote' that account to that of Moderator status. For the record, Adam is about, he just seems to pop by from time to time to update the software etc....He actually told me a couple of years ago that he'd be around alot more often....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 08-17-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaxleyjr
If someone talks with Adam, we need to discuss supermods, etc.

Considering most of us have a day job and travel somewhat often, there needs to be more than one or two mods working the forum
I agree, although I really don't think anybody is in contact with him. I have PM'd him and tried contacting him through CF's "email an admin" function, but to no avail.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote