Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #1
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Kicker question

I was looking at getting the Kicker's 6x9 ds series coax 3 ways, i was wondering if anybody has ever had them or if they know if they produce, loud, tight sound?

Also for a sub I'm just going to leave my 12" diamond audio D3 that I took from my truck and mold it where the spare tire goes. Should I turn it upside down so the bass hits the car or rightside up. It will be ported btw
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior
 
hhsrastler92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 566
nice to see im not the only one with speakers haha, but 6x9's usually produce a very nice crisp sound as long as they are a good brand an are hooked up right. im runnin to MTX 10's an 2 Crunch Groundpounder 12's an you can her me from about 2 blocks away
__________________
2007 BMW 328i
2008 Yamaha R6

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #3
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Also for a sub I'm just going to leave my 12" diamond audio D3 that I took from my truck and mold it where the spare tire goes. Should I turn it upside down so the bass hits the car or rightside up. It will be ported btw

sorry... i'm a little confused by the plan. You're moulding it into the spare tyre slot, and porting it. what sort of box are you planning? this may determine your direction
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
sorry... i'm a little confused by the plan. You're moulding it into the spare tyre slot, and porting it. what sort of box are you planning? this may determine your direction
if i could draw you a picture i would, i saw the same install on another car and it looked nice. This pic isn't his car, the car had 3 JBL subs in a triangle with them plexiglassed so you could put shit on them still.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
if i could draw you a picture i would, i saw the same install on another car and it looked nice. This pic isn't his car, the car had 3 JBL subs in a triangle with them plexiglassed so you could put shit on them still.
yeah, so if you do it like that, i think you'll have to have the magnets down.... ?
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.