Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Local Tornado.....

A strange one this, and one that I didn't notice this morning, lol. Apparently we had a Tornado this morning at around 0730hrs BST. I heard some rain, but nothing much more, lol.

Here's the article. I actually live in Cove by the way, supposedly in the "eye of the storm", lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

Got woken up around that time and was about to fall back to sleep but the wind really picked up and the rain was proper lashing at my windows. Didn't realise that there were some mini tornadoes in England...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Got woken up around that time and was about to fall back to sleep but the wind really picked up and the rain was proper lashing at my windows. Didn't realise that there were some mini tornadoes in England...
Where abouts do you live?...If ya don't mind me asking, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
fudge
let's fighting love

Nottingham, nicely in the centre

We even had the odd earthquake back in 2000 and 2002 which is weird as we're not near any known fault line. I think the house insurance will skyrocket after the floods this year
Old 09-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Nottingham, nicely in the centre

We even had the odd earthquake back in 2000 and 2002 which is weird as we're not near any known fault line. I think the house insurance will skyrocket after the floods this year
Yeah the floods were pretty bad here, too....Although not as bad as you guys had them I don't believe!

Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Yeah the floods were pretty bad here, too....Although not as bad as you guys had them I don't believe!
Send some of that rain this way. We've had a bit of a drought and our water is getting murky (well water). But worst if all my car is covered in dust!

Never really pictured tornados anywhere else that trailer parks in the US. Obviously they happen elsewhere, and maybe it's just me, but it seems odd to think of a tornado ripping up the UK or China or something.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Send some of that rain this way. We've had a bit of a drought and our water is getting murky (well water). But worst if all my car is covered in dust!

Never really pictured tornados anywhere else that trailer parks in the US. Obviously they happen elsewhere, and maybe it's just me, but it seems odd to think of a tornado ripping up the UK or China or something.
Tornados are very rare in the UK, much the same as Earthquakes are (more so with earthquakes as the UK isn't in any part of the world where they hit). We had a water shortage last year along with a hosepipe ban (Infact I don't ever recal the ban being lifted, lol)..Infact, last summer was the hottest on record for the UK I believe! What a different year this has been...The wettest on record I believe...

Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
fudge
let's fighting love

The ones over in the US actually kill people, ours only have the power to destroys roofing(thank goodness) for now but who knows what could happen in the future with climate change...

We never had problems with mosquitoes here but this summer we had loads of them!!! As far as the floodings concerned we lived quite high up so we're very safe from floods.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
The ones over in the US actually kill people, ours only have the power to destroys roofing(thank goodness) for now but who knows what could happen in the future with climate change...

We never had problems with mosquitoes here but this summer we had loads of them!!! As far as the floodings concerned we lived quite high up so we're very safe from floods.
Over here it's not really the tornado itself that's the killer...It's more to do with the havoc they cause (upturning cars etc could in turn kill people!)