Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
splakavellie01
CF Newbie

Unhappy '93 accord leaking coolant...

Hello everyone my name is vincent I'm 34 live just outside Seattle about to embark in training and be employed for Boeing. I own a '93 accord 5spd manual that hasn't been on the road for about five months. I'm trying to get this car back on the road. when in the hospital my sis was driving my car when it started to overheat. Spraying coolant up top by the windshield. I've had the heater hose and two other small hoses replaced also all close to each other. I'm not real familiar with names of the different hoses but allthree are all close together and next to the like intake or fuel injectors. Now when I start the car there is a steady stream of coolant coming from below the car but it wasn't from the hoses theat we replaced. Could anyone think where it could be coming from. Any help would be great, Thanks...

Last edited by splakavellie01 : 10-15-2007 at 07:23 AM.
splakavellie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

It could be from anywhere, you need to find where its dripping from or top up the system and do a pressure test, then find the drip. It helps to have a mirror and a flashlight...and a jack...