Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2007, 04:31 AM   #16
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

How about Tanabe springs? Theres a store selling off a bunch of sets on craigslist for $169 a set.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #17
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
How about Tanabe springs? Theres a store selling off a bunch of sets on craigslist for $169 a set.
Ive always seen tanabe as an eBay type brand that makes "knockoffs" but a lot of people like their exhaust systems, duno about springs. How much are the other springs you are looking at? Like the prices for the different brands. Down here, Eibach pro-kits cost like 200 bux, sportlines are 210...shouldnt be that much more for you up there, and you know its a good name...not trying to encourage you to spend a shitload of money on this but its the kinda thing thats better done right or not at all
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #18
darsh39
CF Newbie

If the company take these two decisions they will gain the sale of this car Change rates easily and affordable,Adjust the height of the car the way you like it so it comes out just right way...
darsh39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
darsh39
CF Newbie

Just make sure that your struts will be ~50+lbs and springs ~35+lbs so look around...that or you can get stuff secondhand from some local garages...
darsh39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #20
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsh39
If the company take these two decisions they will gain the sale of this car Change rates easily and affordable,Adjust the height of the car the way you like it so it comes out just right way...
wtf are you talking about spammer?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 AM   #21
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Ive always seen tanabe as an eBay type brand that makes "knockoffs" but a lot of people like their exhaust systems, duno about springs. How much are the other springs you are looking at? Like the prices for the different brands. Down here, Eibach pro-kits cost like 200 bux, sportlines are 210...shouldnt be that much more for you up there, and you know its a good name...not trying to encourage you to spend a shitload of money on this but its the kinda thing thats better done right or not at all

Here http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/sp...tions.asp?id=3, thats the pricing/specs, mines on the top. Up here they retail for about $260.

Everything you have for around $200 will be around $250-300 here DESPITE the fact that our dollar is currently worth more.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:53 AM   #22
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Here http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/sp...tions.asp?id=3, thats the pricing/specs, mines on the top. Up here they retail for about $260.

Everything you have for around $200 will be around $250-300 here DESPITE the fact that our dollar is currently worth more.
...Not to mention that our taxes are like twice theirs lol.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:21 AM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

I duno I never really heard good or bad things about them...I know that most people use Neuspeed, tein, h&r, things like that...link me to other springs that are out there for your car...BTW here are the progress..I know I said that coilovers arent all that, but for this price it cant be beat I think..tein basics start at like 800

http://progressauto.com/store/produc...roducts_id=456

thats the US price see if they ship to canada perhaps