Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Feelings on Clarksons Hate For America

I was watching a bunch of top gear episodes today and realized that with some of the new GM cars, clarkson is running out of reasons to hate them and coming up with some pretty petty things.

For Example
There is one on the CTS-V and he has a 4.2 AWD S4 with the stig drive him chase him on the track and the stig can never catch him, and he talks about it handling really good, BUT his reasons against it were retarded
-It Bongs
-Too Expensive (I would guess that the S4 is more expensive and doesnt perform as well)
-And it feels cheap, but he cant think of any real reasons, he just feels like it does

Seems like blatant ignorance to me

Also I started watching one with a TVR and a C6 and he starts out by saying it has a live axle, NO, and a 5.7, NO.

Also he always bitched that they are plastic or fiberglass, are no nice european cars fiberglass?

Oh and he bashed and bashed the C6 and it ended up running like a 1.28, way up on the power board.

How do you guys feel about it?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #2
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
-And it feels cheap, but he cant think of any real reasons, he just feels like it does

Seems like blatant ignorance to me
Are you sure you weren't talking about newyorker?

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Well thats what gets me is so many people blindly follow him, liek new yorker.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

half the world hates america, thought yous would be use to it by now.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

He's definitely biased, I've seen in many episodes, but then again, he hates all cars--just some more than others lol.

Greek, people have the right to hate America, but they need reasons lol. Besides, everyone knows you guys hate us because we convinced Mr. Gorbachev to tear down that wall.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Some of what Clarkson says is more for humour rather than ignorance on his part. He's opinionated and everybody knows it. I guess that's why he comes across as ignorant sometimes. I personally still think he's one of the funniest guys on TV!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

He gets paid to be on TV, and guess what...its a european show, what do you think hes going to say. I agree with him on some things though. And the bonging in the CTS is so annoying I had one at work the other day...european and japanese cars even the entry levels are nice fit and finish nad quality...american cars just feel really cheap inside to me at least, then again european cars cost a bit more as well so its a decision the buyer has to make...
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
He gets paid to be on TV, and guess what...its a european show, what do you think hes going to say. I agree with him on some things though. And the bonging in the CTS is so annoying I had one at work the other day...european and japanese cars even the entry levels are nice fit and finish nad quality...american cars just feel really cheap inside to me at least, then again european cars cost a bit more as well so its a decision the buyer has to make...

Shut the **** up about american cars interiors, you ignorant little shit.

Oh and to everyone else I watched one today and I think he isnt as bad as I thought. He was trying to find something wrong with the F430, it was pretty funny
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Oh Oh this knob is a little hard to reach.

Had me rollin
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #10
sloany
CF Newbie

Well we have to look at it this way, he also bought two ford gt's, personally i think he hates some of the things they do, not necessarily them as a race of people, he also says things about the italians alot too.And the british when he blatently slaggs manufacturers like rover its kind of his job to look for faults i really cant see him being too biased.
sloany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
american cars just feel really cheap inside to me at least

Okay...An 05 SX 2.0 has HELLA better interior then an 05 Cavalier....or an 05 Civic. And to be honest, I drove an 04 Acura MDX, which is what......over twice the pricetag of either of those...and it was maybe on par with a Chrysler 300....the base model. An 07 GMC Sierra feels about similar to an MDX as well.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
fudge
let's fighting love

I think he's great for entertainment. In fact when all he has to say is positive things about a particular car it gets all boring.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #13
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Shut the **** up about american cars interiors, you ignorant little shit.

Oh and to everyone else I watched one today and I think he isnt as bad as I thought. He was trying to find something wrong with the F430, it was pretty funny

I must say, you should shut the f@#$ up. Sure, GM interiors are getting better, but you can't deny that American interiors are only starting to look up recently, and not all of them, a lot of them are still pure crap. Look at the economy class, the Aveo has the cheapest interior i've had the misfortune of sitting in, you compare that to a Honda Fit, or a Nissan Versa, i'd rather walk than drive an Aveo. Cobalts are bland as hell, the Caliber is cheaper feeling than the Civic, Sentra. On the other end, Cadillac is looking up, the new CTS interior is great, but that is one car in a whole lineup. On average there is not one American brand that can compare to Lexus in interior fit and finish. It's not an accident that the imports are eating up market share faster than you americans eat up french fries...or is that freedom fries?

Reliability is still also an issue with domestics, they are getting better, the general is definitely picking up the slack, but the CR ratings are still dominated by Asian imports. Honda is rated first in reliability, Subaru second, and Toyota third, than comes a few europeans, than the domestics.

And the 04 MDX, the interior was a little bland but that didn't stop it from being the top seller in its class. Look at the 07 MDX, its selling like hotcakes and has a pretty damn nice interior, i personally like it quite a bit, recently it edged out all of its competition in a C&D comparison, including a Cadillac SRX.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Okay your talking about economy class. Look at the name ECONOMY. Its cheap so its going to be cheap.

And your saying in the past, american interiors were shit, have you looked at old imports interiors, they are also SHIT.

Oh and the Aveo has a shitty interior well so does the more expensive fit.

This is retarded.

Most of the new decent american cars have nice interiors, GTOs, Caddys, 300 and the list keeps going.

Thats such a stupid reason to not like american cars. "Oh well the dash isnt very soft"
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 AM   #15
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Okay your talking about economy class. Look at the name ECONOMY. Its cheap so its going to be cheap.

And your saying in the past, american interiors were shit, have you looked at old imports interiors, they are also SHIT.

Oh and the Aveo has a shitty interior well so does the more expensive fit.

This is retarded.

Most of the new decent american cars have nice interiors, GTOs, Caddys, 300 and the list keeps going.

Thats such a stupid reason to not like american cars. "Oh well the dash isnt very soft"
ahahaha you are a tool

Doesnt look cheap to me at all..everything flows well and is easy to use, not to mention the gauge cluster is beautiful.i know this because ive driven the car, as well as the aveo that had a strange clunk at 20k miles around every bump and turn...and this was all 4 of them
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote