Well I'm a car nut, and I do love muscle cars, but the old 70's and 80's econoboxes always have interested me. The AMC Pacer, and Gremlin are nice looking and are awesome with a more powerful engine swapped in. The Vega has a cool look about it but engine swapping is mandatory (that aluminum block was horrible, though the rest of the car was pretty sweet).
Personally, out of all of them the Chevette is my favourite, and I'm in the process of restoring one of these mini gas sipping tanks.
My 1984 Chevette CS Custom, things left to do:
1. Open up the air filter
2. Put in a working hood scoop
3. Swap in the T-5 transmission to replace the 3-speed auto
4. Put in a new headliner and carpet
5. Have the rust damage repaired and the car painted
6. Put in a flowmaster muffler