Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #61
fudge
let's fighting love

Screw the Enzo, I'd rather have a Civic.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #62
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Screw the Enzo.....I'd rather have the money. Invest it properly and you could have lots of high-end vehicles.

Speaking of which, anyone got a few million dollars they want to permanently loan me? hehehe
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #63
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Your retarded.

The mustang is a fine all season driver, if you dont act stupid. All these people bitch about RWD in the rain and snow, and FWD is better. FWD is only a crutch so people can act stupid in bad weather and stay out of trouble.

My car has always had UHPS tires or better on it and I drive it no matter what. Even in light snow it is no problem.

If your worried about driving it in the winter, stay with FWD. Youll hurt yourself with a real car.
Hey now!

Some of us live on mountains in New England. If I drove my Camaro in the winter I'd have to buy 4 wheels and new tires (I dunno the width of my tires, but as you said, fat is bad). Then I'd have to pay more insurance (compared to my Oldsmobile), and more for gas. And what for? So I could rack up miles on my nice car when I can't REALLY drive it most of the time? Then you add in the rust factor.

So let's recap:
The Olds is easier to drive in the winter
Over the years I'll at least break even financially
The Camaro will last twice as long and look better doing it
Every spring it's like I bought a brand new car (exciting)

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #64
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Hey now!

Some of us live on mountains in New England. If I drove my Camaro in the winter I'd have to buy 4 wheels and new tires (I dunno the width of my tires, but as you said, fat is bad). Then I'd have to pay more insurance (compared to my Oldsmobile), and more for gas. And what for? So I could rack up miles on my nice car when I can't REALLY drive it most of the time? Then you add in the rust factor.

So let's recap:
The Olds is easier to drive in the winter
Over the years I'll at least break even financially
The Camaro will last twice as long and look better doing it
Every spring it's like I bought a brand new car (exciting)

The 3 bolded I couldnt agree more. Thats the reason Im picking up a DD, and so I can finally have time to have the maro down and redo it.

The other one is also true, its EASIER to drive in winter. BUT I was simply trying to say that RWD is fine to drive in bad weather if you dont act retarded, although maybe in a harsh way, haha.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #65
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
The 3 bolded I couldnt agree more. Thats the reason Im picking up a DD, and so I can finally have time to have the maro down and redo it.

The other one is also true, its EASIER to drive in winter. BUT I was simply trying to say that RWD is fine to drive in bad weather if you dont act retarded, although maybe in a harsh way, haha.
For most people, yes I'll agree that RWD is doable. However, even if I wanted to I couldn't drive the Camaro in the winter unless I wnated to park it at the bottom of the Mt. and walk up whenever there is a storm. Not going to happen.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote