Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman

Looking to make some more power

OK so I decided to hold off on getting tint and an HID kit for the time being and get some more power out of her. Just knowing how restrictive that stock intake is and how much potential there is with a simple bolton makes me want to get it done. Here is what I am looking to do.

Intake system: AEM, Flyinmiata, suggestions??
Manual Boost Controller: buddy is offering me a brass one (whatever that is) but I am leaning towards a hallman...suggestions?
Forge Motorsports Diverter Valve: already installed on the car today
Flyinmiata TB inlet pipe: stocker cracks
Flyinmiata o2 modifier: gets rid of hesitation before boost hit..suggestions?

Turn boost from stock 7psi to 9psi

After all is said and done I should have spent under $500 and will go from 155rwhp to 190rwhp or so with all of the mods.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on certain brands to use for some of these parts, maybe edit my list a bit to make it cheaper or better.

This is a fairly low mileage motor and the most expensive car ive ever bought so doing it right is more important than saving money, I dont want anything to be half-assed.

Thanks guys.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

I'm not fond of the miatas but if your looking to open up the boost on the turbo a bit more you could replace the stock intercooler piping along with the intake. I don't know what material your ic piping is but it'd be best to switch it to hard piping. Also if your not on a budget why don't you get a electronic boost controller like the AEM truboost? It's a bit pricey but from what I've seen they work really well.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
I'm not fond of the miatas but if your looking to open up the boost on the turbo a bit more you could replace the stock intercooler piping along with the intake. I don't know what material your ic piping is but it'd be best to switch it to hard piping. Also if your not on a budget why don't you get a electronic boost controller like the AEM truboost? It's a bit pricey but from what I've seen they work really well.
The stock piping is part metal and part rubber hoses. Id rather not touch the intercooler yet cause I dont think its really necessary to replace until 210+whp. Ill look into the truboost, but money is an issue too..what i meant is that ill spend the money if i need to but if i can still have a quality product in some area and save money id rather do that.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote