Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I'm Done

Why was the "Post Your Kills" thread locked?

I didn't see anything wrong with it. If bav can't give a good reason, I'm leaving. You can't just lock whatever you don't like
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Why was the "Post Your Kills" thread locked?

I didn't see anything wrong with it. If bav can't give a good reason, I'm leaving. You can't just lock whatever you don't like

If you can't read, then I'm sorry. NY'er is having a hard time keeping himself in check and figured I'd give the topic a rest for a while. I was going to open it up later...but if it is going to make you leave...then maybe I'll let you throw your tantrum first...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules & Regulations
hostile behaviour will not be tolerated anywhere on the forums.

Moderators reserve the right to edit/move or close any post/thread as they feel is necessary, and as instructed by the Site Admin. If a thread or post of yours has been subject to any of the above and you cant see why, please PM a Moderator whom will advise you. Please refrain from constantly starting new threads regarding this, as it only ends in yet another locked topic!
did you PM Bav defore starting this thread?
While I myself did not see a need to close the thread right away either, we all know it would have ended up closed by the end of the week anyway. We all also know that NY'er is incapable of having a logical discussion without resorting to personal attacks and foul language. We also know that there are several other users that are willing to egg him on instead of letting things slide.
Anyone with a grain of sense knows that street racing is stupid, illegal, and unsafe, but if loosing a close friend is not enough to stop their stupidity, what good is logic? Obviously it is beyond them.
Sorry Chris, I don't tolerate whiners. I thought you were smarter than this.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I'm not whining, but we can't have a single ****ing discussion anymore. The thread started off alright, a simple warning would have worked fine. I'll agree that street racing is stupid but for all I know, NYer still drives a Neon. I just like to hear the stories, I could care less if they're true lol. They're gonna street race anyhow, not like locking a thread will stop them.

Until Bav sincerely apologizes to the whole boards, I'm gonna leave.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Here's my personal view on the matter:

According to the rules, yes, the thread should have been closed. It was about to turn into a flame war that had no real business on this forum. It was also family-inappropriate, full of curses, and led by a NY'er that clearly has no abilities to participate in an argument without stating the same old stupid things over and over again.

However, realistically, that was the only active thread on the forum from what I can see. Since there are so few members left here anyway, who cares if it's not exactly by the rules? Isn't some negative activity better than none at all? Why let things become even more boring than they are?

All in all though, it's just a forum so I don't really care. That's why I never whine or complain with the mods.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Until Bav sincerely apologizes to the whole boards, I'm gonna leave.

Bye.

No apologies for attempting to keep things at an adult level. So since you've left and apparently wont be coming back, I'll open the thread and give NY'er a nice break instead.

Everyone else can continue in the discussion.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #7
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Let's be realistic here. Until Unfed comes back/hands over the reigns, this will likely never be a serious car information site. That's what I like about it, there are plenty of other car sites that have deep, dry technical discussions, and that's about it. Yes, it'd be nice to see some people mature enough to have active discussions while keeping their composure, but locking the only real active thread will turn this place into a deadzone.

And it seems Chris is acting out of character. My : he's bluffing and/or is going on vacation anyways and is messing with us.

Send him to banned camp just for the hell of it.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Bav wouldn't ban me, there's no real point in it--I can come back as any other name.
Unlocking the thread was a good start. If Bav wants, he can apologize to me personally in a PM (I won't tell anyone). Until then, or until somethings change, I'm not posting anything. I might come by to see what's changed every once in a while though.

Giant, I'm not going to say I'm leaving like it's a threat because I'm (probably) one of the most useless members here. No vacation for me--I'm raping myself putting in as many hours at work as I can to get a car. I'm looking at a nice Impreza RS. If I get it, I might come back for a while to tell you guys.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Bav wouldn't ban me, there's no real point in it--I can come back as any other name.
Unlocking the thread was a good start. If Bav wants, he can apologize to me personally in a PM (I won't tell anyone). Until then, or until somethings change, I'm not posting anything. I might come by to see what's changed every once in a while though.

Giant, I'm not going to say I'm leaving like it's a threat because I'm (probably) one of the most useless members here. No vacation for me--I'm raping myself putting in as many hours at work as I can to get a car. I'm looking at a nice Impreza RS. If I get it, I might come back for a while to tell you guys.

LOL...if I didnt want you back, I'd just check your IP address(s) and ban every single match...not too difficult.

I wont be PMing you anytime soon. So as we read the above, not only are you back, but now we know your threats are useless AND empty. See you on the forum. LOL.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
LOL...if I didn't want you back, I'd just check your IP address(s) and ban every single match...not too difficult.

I wont be PMing you anytime soon. So as we read the above, not only are you back, but now we know your threats are useless AND empty. See you on the forum. LOL.
back? back? hang on, i never left. notice how I only post in this thread. if i created a new account, i wouldn't hide that its me, you wouldnt have to check my ip to find out. (ban me if you want though, i dont plan on coming back and dont count this as a threat. didnt i already say im not making threats? to make a threat, id need some leverage, which i already said i dont have. its not a threat, its more of a reflection of how this place is run.

just next time you lock/delete a thread, think about that and ask yourself why youre doing it.

So just to clear things up, I'm only in this thread until it dies.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
back? back? hang on, i never left. notice how I only post in this thread. if i created a new account, i wouldn't hide that its me, you wouldnt have to check my ip to find out. (ban me if you want though, i dont plan on coming back and dont count this as a threat. didnt i already say im not making threats? to make a threat, id need some leverage, which i already said i dont have. its not a threat, its more of a reflection of how this place is run.

just next time you lock/delete a thread, think about that and ask yourself why youre doing it.

So just to clear things up, I'm only in this thread until it dies.

Whatever Chris...I suppose you can stay in this thread as your "protest"...but you'll be "back" soon enough.

And btw...when did I threaten to ban you? You just mentioned that I didn't have grounds to ban you (and I don't...didn't even cross my mind).

Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Whatever Chris...I suppose you can stay in this thread as your "protest"...but you'll be "back" soon enough.

And btw...when did I threaten to ban you? You just mentioned that I didn't have grounds to ban you (and I don't...didn't even cross my mind).
lol protest, not really. if i don't buy batteries from the dollar store, it's not because i'm protesting their low prices, it's because they're garbage.

PEACE
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
lol protest, not really. if i don't buy batteries from the dollar store, it's not because i'm protesting their low prices, it's because they're garbage.

PEACE
no, your protesting their quality...
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:

PEACE

Maybe it's better, then, that you just keep out completely of these places full of garbage that you've seemed to patronize 8800+ times already.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 AM   #15
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote