FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #61
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I do very much love ALMS
Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #62
Car hippie
CF Newbie

I don't make a habit of street racing and mostly ignore folks who try to provoke me into it.

One race worth mentioning was against a C6 Corvette on the highway in my then stock Lotus Elise. Needless to say, it wasn't really close. If we had started from a lower gear at a lower speed, I would have kept up better, but not much if at all.

I just want to make a point to those saying how racing is a classless act for those who will never make it in life: Racing is not limited to a specific demographic or age group. Lamborghini owners (ESPECIALLY Lambo owners) Ferrari owners, and Porsche owners alike love street racing (not all of them, but many, and I know this 1st-hand because I hang out with the exotic car drives, etc.)

It's more a personality trait than anything. Thrill-seekers perhaps. Bragging rights. Not sure.

Newyorker, I'm glad you take pride in your car, but your arrogance is annoying. It is not the fastest thing around. Not even close. In fact, unless highly modified, it's quite sluggish compared to most. And why would you take pride in mere physics? Ie, "my car weighs 2300 lbs and has 200hp and I beat a Civic that weighs 2800 lbs and has 110hp. I AM SUPERIOR!" No, that doesn't make you superior. It means that physics did its part. What if a Porsche turbo lined up with you and kicked your ass? You wouldn't say the owner is superior to you. You'd say his car is superior and your car could not overcome mere physics.

If you beat another MS Miata because of your driving abilities, then that might be worth something.

That was a mouthful. Carry on!!