Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #31
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Excellent Photoshop shadowing on the last one!

Yea i know bit fake lol 3 mins in microsoft paint! lol

But seriously on top gear once they had this rover which looked like it had an oil drum for an exhuast why would anyone do that to there car?

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 PM   #32
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
Yea i know bit fake lol 3 mins in microsoft paint! lol

But seriously on top gear once they had this rover which looked like it had an oil drum for an exhuast why would anyone do that to there car?

To poke fun at the Ricers that have a need for large coffee can exhaust pipes. Exhaust pipes that make coffee can or coke can noises and are referred to as fart cannons. In other words, annoying and foul noise makers.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #33
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

I'm sure someone said it already... rice = cars from asia
but now it has turn into a car that has mods to make it look fast yet it remains slow as hell... since now we have american rice... lol

Click Here for Mod List
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 "Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1991"
"VTEC - All the lag, but without the turbos... Its like waiting for bad sex..." - Sean K./CTECH
SunDown13X VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:49 PM   #34
87TurboII
CF Newbie

yall havent' seen rice until you have seen my desperate out of money ricey car!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake-rice.jpg (63.2 KB, 15 views)
Hi. My name is Devin, and I am 12 years old. I really don't own a car, as the car I have shown you in my previous posts belongs to my brother. Please disregard any information I post beyond this point.

OWNED BY RYAN!
87TurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #35
87TurboII
CF Newbie

and this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (4.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg AAAA0005.jpg (61.3 KB, 12 views)
Hi. My name is Devin, and I am 12 years old. I really don't own a car, as the car I have shown you in my previous posts belongs to my brother. Please disregard any information I post beyond this point.

OWNED BY RYAN!
87TurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer

Haha, if only sterotypes work that way. No sterotype works in the matter of "You have to know them", Thats what makes it a sterotype you can just judge them by what they look like and or drive...

I think the point was "dont judge a book by its cover." it shouldn't BE a valued goal to be predjudicial and judgemental based on appearences. An intelligent person wouldn't aspire tousing a stereotype to judge people.

As a comedian frind of mine says on stage, "don't be predjudixial and hate someone for a stereotype! Get to know them first. You'll find LOTS of real reasons to hate them!"

As for riceboys/Ricers, etc, in the US I know it was started around a decade ago withthe riceboypage. Bryan hong started drawing a cartoon out in California in the early '90s about a fictitious character called "Riceboy" based on his observations of the asian car culture around him at the time (1992)

Quote:
Many people ask me where I got the idea to start this page. A lot of other people ask me where I got the name. Well now you will get to see where it all started!!

About six years ago, back in my sophomore year in high school, I saw the first fixed-up civic that I can remember. I was riding in my mom's van and this blue Civic Si with some exhaust system blew by me. I thought... wow, that looks cool, all lowered like that, and that sounds cool.

So I started getting interested in import performance. I read some magazines, and whatever. But as I saw more and more 'performance' imports out there, I started to realize that a lot of these guys were just fakers and didn't know anything about performance at all.

Anyway, my friends and I started making fun of them, and one day, bored in study hall, I started drawing a little comic strip, called The Adventures of Rice-Boy and His Dog Mugen. The art wasn't that good, but the message was there, and my friends thought it was funny.

Soon we got sick of refering to them as "you know those guys with those lowered Civics?" and just starting calling them riceboys, after the character in my little drawings.

"Episode 1: How to make your car faster
Hi. My name is Rice-Boy. I have the sweetest, most original car ever. The stickers make it go fast. So does the spoiler. Chicks love my car. They think it's fast."

.................................................. ..............

This is the page that started it all back in the day: http://riceboypage.com/

I don't agree with everything he has said on the page, and he and I corresponded regularly for years. But this is where it (the term) really started.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #37
allroundcarguy2
Banned

Talking Rice

Hehe, well, this is good stuff to offend those who think they know a lot about tuning , but i think it might give ppl who own rice rockets that really move like rockets, a bad name Peace out, and watch who u make fun of, i guess Oh yeah, also, i checked out the page www.riceboypage.com. Oh my god, I found it quite amusing that the 88 honda accord had the VTEC stickers all over. Damn, that A20A was still available with a freakin carb for cryin out loud!! But i thought the car looked okay, a helluva lot better than my maroon, purple window-tinted one. In addition, and for future reference, I am sick and tired of seeing stock civics with Type R or SiR on them. Only Canada and maybe Europe has the SiR, and as if it couldn't get any worse, i see the Type R badge, right next to the DX, LX, or EX badge!!!

Last edited by allroundcarguy2 : 07-06-2004 at 09:38 PM.
allroundcarguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:03 PM   #38
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Well im sure that most people that joined this car forum are not ricers but some of us must want to make our cars look nice. Kinda sounds like your raggin on people with nice lookin cars. Well i know that when im done with my car's performance that imma hook up the looks. Im expecting to put a couple grand in. But the stupid thing is the wings they have on the back of those cars. That shit gives us tuners a bad rep. Yesterday i go to Pep Boys to grab some brake fluid and what do i see, about 5 punks looking at these mufflers like "YEAH man thats cool" and talking all this shit like their car is soooo cool and when were in line they are in front of me. Guesss what they buy... 1 neon light. Not 3 or 4 but 1. And when i get out, they are driving a civic hatchback with electrical tape on the glass saying 'crazy crew'. Thats a shame.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #39
Oomba
Banned

The car on your sig is rice. Best definition, ripped from urbandictionary.com

"Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles."

However, it can include powerful cars that are ugly.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #40
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

This is what you call "rice", someone trying to make their car something it's not.

Try and guess what car this is, (The engine pic might give it away).

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #41
ahoo
CF Addict

RSX or Integra? not sure but reall funny. if you guys think that america has lots of rice, then come down here to NZ, not all are ricers but my neighbor s, all he does is go out every nght and rev his engine a lot. i saw under the bonnet once and it had nothing on it, just a large tin can exhaust at the back. i told him to quit doing it cause all hes doing is waking everyone up in the street. that's my definition of rice

It's not cheating...............It's studying during the exam
ahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #42
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
This is what you call "rice", someone trying to make their car something it's not.

RSX??

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 06-04-2005 at 08:20 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #43
tnsmith
CF Newbie

this is my ricer

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1226069006

soon to look like this maybe

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1226068838

Last edited by tnsmith : 11-07-2008 at 05:37 PM.
tnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #44
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Why are you reviving an old ass thread to show off your piece of shit integra?

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote