Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
tigerlady
CF Newbie

1968 Ford Fairlaine

I am new here and was just wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy a Model 1968 Ford Fairlaine Car for my husband. All info. would be appreciated. thanks.
tigerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

You may get better luck if you have this thread moved to the Classic Car section.....

The first place to look is in your local classifieds.... try the free to list ones. Around here they have names like "IWANNA", "Trading POST", etc.....

The next place is on Craig's List, start out local and slowly expand to further away.

If you still don't have luck you could go to Auto Trader, but the prices will be a little higher.

And as a last resort go the Ebay route. But be very cautious, while there are lots of good deals to be had, there are a lot of low lifes that will take advantage of people.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
symmo
CF Newbie

ford fairlane

i agree with corrbet_auto. start off local and work your way out. the best thing to do would be to find some old fella who is to old to drive but has the car you want. ussally you can get a great car for a cheap price off them.
symmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #4
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmo
i agree with corrbet_auto. start off local and work your way out. the best thing to do would be to find some old fella who is to old to drive but has the car you want. ussally you can get a great car for a cheap price off them.
Yeah usually you have old farmers that have one cooped up in a barn somewhere that they forgot they even had for plenty of years;find it then sell it for a low price(maybe to get that darn tootin towin coupler he always wanted ). 9/10th's of a chance its in perfect condition. good luck though

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote