Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
bfensom
CF Newbie

passenger side wiper doesn't work

I have a 2004 pontiac sunfire. The other day driving in the rain my passenger side wiper stopped working. Once it stopped raining i went out to look at it and it was verry loose and free, I could move it myself. So I thought it just needed tightening but the nut was very tight. So i then removed the black cover and I noticed rod that connects the wipers to the wiper motor wasn't attached anymore. I tried to see if a nut came off but there isn't a bolt or a nut that connects it. Is there anyway to fix this? You can see a picture of the problem here http://www.2carpros.com/forum/here-vp435762.html#435762. Thanks for the help because i need it
bfensom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfensom
I have a 2004 pontiac sunfire. The other day driving in the rain my passenger side wiper stopped working. Once it stopped raining i went out to look at it and it was verry loose and free, I could move it myself. So I thought it just needed tightening but the nut was very tight. So i then removed the black cover and I noticed rod that connects the wipers to the wiper motor wasn't attached anymore. I tried to see if a nut came off but there isn't a bolt or a nut that connects it. Is there anyway to fix this? You can see a picture of the problem here http://www.2carpros.com/forum/here-vp435762.html#435762. Thanks for the help because i need it

You need a new wiper transmission (That's what the system off rods and whatnot are under the black plastic cowl). Should be able to find one in a junkyard for reletivly cheap. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to do, but you should be able to get it in in about an hour to 3 hours depending on your skill level.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote