Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
A bunch of pictures of the MSM

Some of these were taken by me, others by friends. Just a little whoring post, may have posted some before.


Photo by Yan Kiriakov


Photo by Steven Cole


Photo by Scott Lam


Photo by Scott Lam

I have a few more that I did recently so I will update.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Here are all of my recent shots

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
I just wanna pinch that little intercoolers cheeks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #4
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
I just wanna pinch that little intercoolers cheeks



Isn't that almost exactly what I said when I first came back here? lol


I like the very first picture. The rest reminds me that it's still a Miata. lol, jp man. Looking good, as always.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Isn't that almost exactly what I said when I first came back here? lol


I like the very first picture. The rest reminds me that it's still a Miata. lol, jp man. Looking good, as always.

I don't recall. I must have missed that post lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
NoParkingMeters
CF Newbie
 
NoParkingMeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6
hehe nice Miata shots!
NoParkingMeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
I don't recall. I must have missed that post lol.



I sure did!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
BTW: Look at the cute little intercooler!!! I just wanna pinch it! lol. Sry, small intercoolers just look weird to me.


W00t w00t!

from this thread: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=30568
Post 15...
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:30 AM   #8
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
What sort of lens are you using ny?

I noticed in the EXIF data one of your friends is using an 85mm 1.4f lens, his shot looks really nice. You should invest in one, I've got a 50mm 1.8f (Nikon though), it makes beautiful photos with nice bokeh.

I would like to see the EXIF of your shots but its not in the file...
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
What sort of lens are you using ny?

I noticed in the EXIF data one of your friends is using an 85mm 1.4f lens, his shot looks really nice. You should invest in one, I've got a 50mm 1.8f (Nikon though), it makes beautiful photos with nice bokeh.

I would like to see the EXIF of your shots but its not in the file...
The lens he was using (and I used for a few shots) was a Canon 85mm f/1.2 L, but he wasn't shooting wide open, it costs a tad over $1,800 and isn't for my blood haha.

I also own a 50mm f/1.8 that I got for 100 new, I love it. Here is the breakdown on my shots.

1. 70-200mm f/4 L

Apperature: 4
Exposure: .6"
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 87mm
Metering: Partial

2. 70-200mm f/4 L

Apperature: 4
Exposure: 1/250"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 70mm
Metering: Spot

3. 85mm f/1.2 L
Apperature: 1.8
Exposure: 1/1000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 85mm
Metering: Spot

4. 85mm f/1.2 L
Apperature: 1.2
Exposure: 1/2000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 85mm
Metering: Spot

5. 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Apperature: 2.8
Exposure: 1/1000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 70mm
Metering:Spot

I shoot with a Canon 30D, Yan shoots with a Canon Rebel XT, Steve shoots with a Nikon D300, Scott shoots with a Canon 5D mk2.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The lens he was using (and I used for a few shots) was a Canon 85mm f/1.2 L, but he wasn't shooting wide open, it costs a tad over $1,800 and isn't for my blood haha.

I also own a 50mm f/1.8 that I got for 100 new, I love it. Here is the breakdown on my shots.

1. 70-200mm f/4 L

Apperature: 4
Exposure: .6"
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 87mm
Metering: Partial

2. 70-200mm f/4 L

Apperature: 4
Exposure: 1/250"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 70mm
Metering: Spot

3. 85mm f/1.2 L
Apperature: 1.8
Exposure: 1/1000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 85mm
Metering: Spot

4. 85mm f/1.2 L
Apperature: 1.2
Exposure: 1/2000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 85mm
Metering: Spot

5. 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Apperature: 2.8
Exposure: 1/1000"
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 70mm
Metering:Spot

I shoot with a Canon 30D, Yan shoots with a Canon Rebel XT, Steve shoots with a Nikon D300, Scott shoots with a Canon 5D mk2.

Yikes, getting expensive there. I've had a D40 for about 3-4 months, so I guess I'm a beginner, though I used to be into film cameras in high school.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
damn...camera talk is confusing...
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #12
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Yikes, getting expensive there. I've had a D40 for about 3-4 months, so I guess I'm a beginner, though I used to be into film cameras in high school.
D40 isn't bad, my friend shoots with it and turns out pretty decent results.





Its mainly the photographer, lens, and post processing, in that order.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
zhuifeng166
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
nice pictures

very good photoshop design skill
__________________
Please do not advertise on our forums. Thanks.


Satty101
zhuifeng166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.