Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
weave41_82
CF Newbie

Rear Brake Issues, HELP!

Ok so i think that I am having similiar issues. I have a 93 GS with 4 wheel disc brakes. Now the problem is, is that if i look for my car specific 2wd the only thing listed is a caliper, rotor and pads kit for the front. Do they not make calipers for the rear, I know that I can find rotors for the rear but having issues finding calipers.

Is it possible to use the awd set up, they come with calipers for the rear in the kit.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Mits...A+Rotora+.html

What would it take to get performance big brakes on the rear of my car?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave41_82
Ok so i think that I am having similiar issues. I have a 93 GS with 4 wheel disc brakes. Now the problem is, is that if i look for my car specific 2wd the only thing listed is a caliper, rotor and pads kit for the front. Do they not make calipers for the rear, I know that I can find rotors for the rear but having issues finding calipers.

Is it possible to use the awd set up, they come with calipers for the rear in the kit.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Mits...A+Rotora+.html

What would it take to get performance big brakes on the rear of my car?
Hey weave check out www.tceperformanceproducts.com they have rear brake upgrades for yah

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
weave41_82
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKtEAGLE
Hey weave check out www.tceperformanceproducts.com they have rear brake upgrades for yah

I must have searched for hours last night trying to find something. This is good, but the only problem is that while reading through the products description the rear calipers that would be used makes the parking brake inoperable. Do you think there is anyway around this?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
I must have searched for hours last night trying to find something. This is good, but the only problem is that while reading through the products description the rear calipers that would be used makes the parking brake inoperable. Do you think there is anyway around this?
I don't think there is any way around this. 1G e-brakes are a kind of there own you know. come to think of it I think I know a kid that converted his 1G rear brakes to a 2G set up. I'm not sure how he made out. If you don't mind me asking. What is the reason you want to upgrade the rear brake? For looks...performance?

Last edited by DARKtEAGLE : 04-23-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
weave41_82
CF Newbie

well i realize that the braking is probly like 70/30 but i thought it might look stupid with a nice big brake set up in front and something that dont even look right on the rear. Thinking i may just end up replacing the stock calipers having them painted red and jus upgrading my rotors and brake lines. I mainly want performance yes, i like to tear up and down the mountain roads. The more and more i think about this i may be better off jus selling this and buying an awd modle, but if i think about that i may jus get a diff car all together i dont know anymore.. lol I talked with a mechanic about doing a engine swap and the price it would cost me i could buy an awd one. Do you know anything about swaping a 2.0 DOHC for a 4g63t motor, mechanic said it should mount right up but was not sure about the wiring harnesses.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
I talked with a mechanic about doing a engine swap and the price it would cost me i could buy an awd one. Do you know anything about swaping a 2.0 DOHC for a 4g63t motor, mechanic said it should mount right up but was not sure about the wiring harnesses.
I'm not a big fan of the whole non turbo to turbo swap. It is possible but it will be really expensive. As what your mechanic said,which he is right, the cost of the swap could get you a nice stock awd turbo dsm. But if you really want to do the swap I can help you out just tell me ill pm you a guide of what you need to manage the swap.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
well i realize that the braking is probly like 70/30 but i thought it might look stupid with a nice big brake set up in front and something that dont even look right on the rear. Thinking i may just end up replacing the stock calipers having them painted red and jus upgrading my rotors and brake lines. I mainly want performance yes, i like to tear up and down the mountain roads.
Heres a suggestion. Have you ever thought about taking your single piston 1Ga rear calipers and swaping them out for two piston 1Gb rear calipers. An easy rear brake upgrade that thousands of 1Ga Dsmers have done to get a little more braking power for the rear.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #8
glagon1979
daddy x3

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mm...per~parts.html

found this after i GOOGLED it.