Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Online Surveys...No, this aint Spam... ;o)

So I was trying to think how to make more money, using the internet, and I was pointed in the direction of sites that have the participant do surveys for them for money. Anyway, long story short, it seems that there's no catch to this, and seems fairly simple, if a little time consumking to complete. I draw the line when they ask for bank details as that's a tad on the dodgy side IMO. From what I gather, you do some surveys (ok....alot of surverys, lol), and said company pays by cheque....Can anybody confirm or deny this as being as simple as it would have me appear?

Thanx!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

I have done a few and have yet to see a check (or gift card). If any work out for you let me know. I'm sure there are some good ones, but I haven't found them.

Good luck!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I did that through inboxdollars.com
They offer surveys and offers and stuff, but they'd also send emails, and you'd get like 3-20 cents for each email you read (like 5-10 emails a day). You can request payment at $30. I didn't do too many surveys, so I only got money from the emails, and it took me probably over a year to get to $30, but they did pay it. From my point of view, it feels like a waste of time, but your best bet is to check a bunch out, make sure they're legit.

EDIT: Just felt like adding that you'd get some money for signing other people up.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Thanks for the input guys....I signed up to a few companies, but have yet to actually receive any surveys, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

utalkback is legit, at least for use Americans. They give you a certain amount of points for each survey you take that they e-mail you, and you turn those points in. After about 10 months I had enough for a $25 Gamestop gift card, and I actually got it within a a week of cashing my points in. Took forever, but I don't mind doing these things for free anyway since people do actually use them for legit purposes.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
Amila001
CF Newbie

I have been reading online about people that make money doing online surveys. I am still thinking about that. I don't know how legitimate these companies are, but people post their checks showing the money they received. I can pretty much say that online survey is legitimate. but proceed at your own risk. If you are looking for how to make money online, you can be a freelancer. I prefer this one because it uses my skills.

I hope to hear back from you and your experience if you to do online surveys.
Amila001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I just heard about helium.com and payperpost.com
If you have a blog, you can put it up on payperpost.com and people can buy it.
Helium.com is a site where people look for freelance writers. You write an essay and if the person who wanted one chooses yours, you get between $20 and $200.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I just heard about helium.com and payperpost.com
If you have a blog, you can put it up on payperpost.com and people can buy it.
Helium.com is a site where people look for freelance writers. You write an essay and if the person who wanted one chooses yours, you get between $20 and $200.
That sounds good, I've always felt like giving 'blogging' a go, lol.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
fudge
let's fighting love

I was thinking of doing a blog but I don't want to be spending too much time in front of a computer than necessary plus I'm a lousy writer. If I were to do one I would write about my time studying a motorsports degree in a college(which is what I'm doing).

But blogging is good as long as you've got something interesting to write about. Much better than doing those online surveys...