Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Wally
I Know More Than You

Car Forum Necropolis

This place is surely a tomb of the dead.

I would guess there are a few stragglers who can't figure out (or are in denial) why a once popular forum died in the arse. History teaches us that opinion leaders who treat their communities with contempt are consigning the same community to obscurity:- so saith the lord Wally.

Oddly enough I'm watching the very same thing happening on another forum, which boasts tens of thousands of members, that has dwindled to a small tribe of regulars who band together back slapping each other's drivel and pouncing on fresh meat that may wander into the various traps awaiting them. Being the selfless person I am, I have warned the band of brothers of imminent membership demise and reminded them that hen talk is the domain of women.

I have also canvassed the possibility that car enthusiasts who read motor magazines and pay others to perform mechanical works aren't really in a position to brag and tell others how things should be done, I think I used the term "chequebook mechanics". Suprisingly they aren't taking my advice well. LOL