Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #16
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
This is the first thing that came to my mind. I havent thought about the forum for years and then I just got a crazy hair up my arse and looked it up. Im suprized that I rememberd my un/pw. This place seems grown over with weeds (spam)and whatnot.

I remember when this site was brand new. I was the first member to reach 100posts and for doing that I won a giftcard. Heh, good times.

Whats new with everyone?
Im as of recently paralyzed. I was getting a ride from a friend and he decided to show me the work he did on his car via ''watch this.'' After an exhilarating 60mph roll into a telephoe pole I woke up in Seattle's HarborView Trauma center days later to learn that my neck was broken at the c-5 vertebrae. That was a year ago next month.

Jesus, M6M. I'm really sorry to hear that. Is this a permanent situation?

I hope everyone else is doing OK.

The only news I have is that I lined up a job for when I graduate from college. Huzzah.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #17
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

M6M - Damn that sucks...sorry to hear about that.

And I'm still around, this place was still favourited...just haven't bothered coming around lately, because of how dead it was.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Im as of recently paralyzed. ...............my neck was broken at the c-5 vertebrae. That was a year ago next month.

Mate, I feel bad for you.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #19
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Ay M6M you and your family are in my prayers. I'll do a Novena for your well being.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #20
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
I'm as of recently paralyzed. I was getting a ride from a friend and he decided to show me the work he did on his car via ''watch this.'' After an exhilarating 60mph roll into a telephone pole I woke up in Seattle's HarborView Trauma center days later to learn that my neck was broken at the c-5 vertebrae. That was a year ago next month.
Damn that sucks. What's the prognosis like? Here's to hoping for a full recovery so you can kick your "friend's" @$$.

Speaking of recovery, how has the leg been doing Dodger?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #21
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

M6M - Wow buddy, sorry to hear. I hope the prognosis is positive.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Thanks all, I'm considered an incomplete quadriplgic. I'm getting some things back, they are more novelty movements than anything, but I'll take what I can get. The important thing is that I get as strong as I can to work with what I got. If I can find a positive from the whole thing, I don't have to work forthe fascist pig that was my boss anymore. Also, I can do a mean 13 MPH in my power chair lol. I'm currently waiting on my settlement money and I hope to make my way to Europe to see into some alternative medicines.

It really is cool to see that all the old regulars are still checking in here. Brings back old memories.
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

Last edited by mazda6man : 03-04-2011 at 11:35 AM.
mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #23
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Thanks all, I'm considered an incomplete quadriplgic. I'm getting some things back, they are more novelty movements than anything, but I'll take what I can get. The important thing is that I get as strong as I can to work with what I got. If I can find a positive from the whole thing, I don't have to work forthe fascist pig that was my boss anymore. Also, I can do a mean 13 MPH in my power chair lol. I'm currently waiting on my settlement money and I hope to make my way to Europe to see into some alternative medicines.

It really is cool to see that all the old regulars are still checking in here. Brings back old memories.

It is kind of crazy that we all check here every once and a while.

I hope that you're able to find something that works for you, M6M. Good luck.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #24
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

Sorry to hear that M6M! I wish you well!

If you're after alternative medicines, then I hear Amsterdam is good....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #25
Wally
I Know More Than You

Well to bring down the mood even more, a month after I last posted I came home to find my beautiful wife asleep for good. I couldn't revive her and I have been miserable ever since.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #26
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Man, all these stories really hit hard...I never realized how big a part of my life CF (and its members) were a few years back.

I can't imagine the pain that either of you are going through right now, but I honestly wish the best for you guys, and I'm gonna keep checking CF to keep up with everything.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #27
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Well to bring down the mood even more, a month after I last posted I came home to find my beautiful wife asleep for good. I couldn't revive her and I have been miserable ever since.

Wow, so sorry to hear that...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #28
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:

i know im a month late, but i just wanted to say im very sorry for your loss.

i also know im pretty late chiming in on the m6m thing but i just wanted to say good luck on the recovery and stay strong. my brother WAS a quad and he now has full use of his arms and regained movement of his legs and is almost able to walk on them.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, Wally! So sorry to hear that, I hope you're bearing up okay mate!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #30
99integra
CF's Florida boy

My prayers are with ya'll.

I'm in ohio now and its almost snowing. I ain't thrilled, first snow I'll ever see.

Lol I've been coming to this forum out of curiosity for about 8 years now and it's sad to see it in such condition.